who DID you want? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who DID you want?

I'm on record saying the one thing I'd have done differently would have been Beebe instead of Paul
Becuase you have an incorrect value on Gaurds.

I'm sorry but someone needs to have this discussion with you @Danny

Gaurds are the least valuable positon on the offense. Gaurds are the easiest postion on the Oline to find. They are also the easiest postion to develop.

Many very good NFL gaurds started their careers very much like Eichenburg, they take a couple years to get strong enough or get the proper footwork and then they are fine. I'm not saying Eich will do this but one of the guards we have or aquire between now and the season might.

Conner Williams is still an option to return at Guard if we need him.

Risener and other gaurds who may get cut are also an option, we have 20 million available in June. Teams cut very good gaurds all the time, bc its the least valuable positon for most organizations on offesne.... we have done this a number of times ourselves. Carolina paying Hunt 100 million is ridiculous.

Bottomline if our biggest need today, after the draft is just a Guard. We are in excellent shape.

We will find a guard, stop worrying about it.

support its gonna be fine GIF by Team Coco

Gaurds are the least valuable positon on the offense. Gaurds are the easiest postion on the Oline to find. They are also the easiest postion to develop.

Many very good NFL gaurds started their careers very much like Eichenburg, they take a couple years to get strong enough or get the proper footwork and then they are fine. I'm not saying Eich will do this but one of the guards we have or aquire between now and the season might.

Risener and other gaurds who may get cut are also an option, we have 20 million available in June. Teams cut very good gaurds all the time, bc its the least valuable positon for most organizations on offesne.... we have done this a number of times ourselves. Carolina paying Hunt 100 million is ridiculous.

Bottomline if our biggest need today, after the draft is just a Guard. We are in excellent shape.

take it easy man, all I said was I'd have done one single thing different and yet I've said that I understand why they took Paul instead. as far as guards being so easy to find, last year showed that's just not the case and guards have more value that you want to give it credit for. When Hunt went out last year our offense suffered because of it. We lost our two best OL guys from last year and both played inside so I have a right to say what I said. Not saying we're done cause like you said, we might bring in a veteran which I believe is the plan at this point. We drafted 7 players and I'd only change one thing so I'm doing pretty good compared to some people that just want to fired our whole FO

Quinyon Mitchell and Dominick Puni

Quinyon was best player available, always my strategy for round one. Dominick Puni is a guy that I think can play any position on the OL.

Brandon Coleman would have worked too. I just like Puni a hair better.

The Dolphins have been looking for solid guards for 2 decades bro

Quinyon Mitchell and Dominick Puni

Quinyon was best player available, always my strategy for round one. Dominick Puni is a guy that I think can play any position on the OL.
I was able to watch Puni when he played at the Univ. of Central MO. He then went to Kansas and seemed to get better.

Go on record. 1st 2 rounds only. Didn't want Chop or Paul? who would you have selected? Not a position. Give a name.
For me? I'm already on record for a few years. I don't follow individual prospects. All I ever want is a position of need and no reaching.

(Actually, I don't expect many to go on record until November).
Barton and 2nd Round tackle (Paul was one of them).

My first round dream was for Mitchell the CB from Toledo. I loved everything about him. Figuring he wouldn't be available at #21, I settled or hoped it be Washington OLineman Fautanu.

In round two, I had Patrick Paul pegged for Miami, due to all the dots connecting him to the Dolphins, leading up to the draft. But was hoping for WR Brenden Rice. I thought he was the perfect fit as WR#3.

Overall, I was advocating for trade downs in both the first and second rounds, knowing how deep the draft was and with Miami not having a 3rd or 4th round pick. I was also hoping Miami wouldn't trade any picks away from 2025, knowing how deep that draft class was potentially going to be.

Wanted DeJean in the first; in the second any of Paul, Amegadjie or Suamataia would have been acceptable. Chop could have a similar effect as DeJean on our pass defense and probably an equal level of need now and in future years. Plus if both reach their ceilings Chop will be the more valuable property. So the team drafted more or less what i wanted. Mainly i didnt want them to spend either pick on IOL.

Last edited:
take it easy man, all I said was I'd have done one single thing different and yet I've said that I understand why they took Paul instead. as far as guards being so easy to find, last year showed that's just not the case and guards have more value that you want to give it credit for. When Hunt went out last year our offense suffered because of it. We lost our two best OL guys from last year and both played inside so I have a right to say what I said. Not saying we're done cause like you said, we might bring in a veteran which I believe is the plan at this point. We drafted 7 players and I'd only change one thing so I'm doing pretty good compared to some people that just want to fired our whole FO

Not much of a reference point. - LOL

I would have been trying to trade down at both spots. I know that is not always possible.
Trader Grier just didn't hear any offers he liked to trade down, you know he was pounding those phones and listening to all offers. I just kept looking at that scroll and seeing "trade up , trade up, trade up" and knew a trade back was just not going to happen, just wayyyyy too many other trades going down. IMHO, Grier played it well knowing he had extra draft capital in '25 he could use to move back up and grab a (potential) falling star. Great work by him. I think when you jump up and start a run on a particular position you have read the situation perfectly.

After last season I wanted both more and better OL players.

Then the FO brought in a lot of FA players prior to the draft and my priority changed. I felt they addressed some weak spots on our OL, so I hoped we would trade down and get more draft picks or go with a BPA for a position of the FO's choice.

They didn't trade down with our first two draft picks, so I was happy with whoever they chose. They picked a player with a huge upside and a solid player at a position of need.

I was very satisfied with that.

I had no special player that I was pulling for, so I don't have any names to provide for this thread. Just what I wanted and why I am happy with the selections that were made.

Back
Top Bottom