Who do you take? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who do you take?

I'd take Fantanu
He may be number one for me as far as a real possibility. He measured in though with more length then some expected at the combine so don't think he makes it to us. But I think he can be a good LT (maybe not elite) but at minimum I see him as a great gaurd. Just love to grap him play him at LG to start out and eventually replace Armstead.

The more I think about it I might just take Brian Thomas. He would be the BPA of the 4 listed players. He is 6'3 209 and he ran a 4.33. He could be a poor man's Justin Jefferson or Jamar Chase both also LSU alums. I don't think any of the other players listed have his upside.

Remember we made the mistake of reaching for need for Austin Jackson at 18 back in 2020 when we could have selected Justin Jeffferson. Maybe we could just overwhelm defenses with pass catching talent.

We also have to consider that Tyreek Hill will be 30 soon and he has been injured frequently and Jaylen Waddle will be a Free Agent next year and he himself has been injury prone.

There is some good talent available in rounds 3 and 4 so if we could trade down with our 2nd round pick and acquire an extra draft pick we could still address some of our other draft needs.

The more I think about it I might just take Brian Thomas. He would be the BPA of the 4 listed players. He is 6'3 209 and he ran a 4.33. He could be a poor man's Justin Jefferson or Jamar Chase both also LSU alums. I don't think any of the other players listed have his upside.

Remember we made the mistake of reaching for need for Austin Jackson at 18 back in 2020 when we could have selected Justin Jeffferson. Maybe we could just overwhelm defenses with pass catching talent.

We also have to consider that Tyreek Hill will be 30 soon and he has been injured frequently and Jaylen Waddle will be a Free Agent next year and he himself has been injury prone.

There is some good talent available in rounds 3 and 4 so if we could trade down with our 2nd round pick and acquire an extra draft pick we could still address some of our other draft needs.
Hard for me to disagree with this take.

I'd take Fantanu
You are the man. Exactly the guy I'm praying Miami selects. I just hope his post season performances don't improve his draft stock. He's been linked to Miami, since the college season ended. He's an athletic freak, who's also a very physical player.

You are the man. Exactly the guy I'm praying Miami selects. I just hope his post season performances don't improve his draft stock. He's been linked to Miami, since the college season ended. He's an athletic freak, who's also a very physical player.
yeah he could be gone....latest mock from tankathon has him going 20 to Pittsburgh ......in that case I'd take JPJ or Barton

The best case for me is Powers-Johnson at 21 or Mims, go oline here. Then get the DT from Texas, Sweat to replace Wilkins. That guy is a mountain and he can move!! Trade back if able but I'd love to see us keep drafting trenches. We have a lot of speedy playmakers. Let's draft for oline and dline. Get stronger, meaner and much more physical. We have to build a great run game to go with our lethal passing attack. Teams have to fear our run game. We have to change the mentality and beat up on opponents late in games to preserve victories. If we're up by 5 points and we have the ball with 2 minutes left we have to be able to put the game away with the power run game. No more 3 passes and punt it back to the other team, are you kidding me?? Would Don Shuls do that???? No, he wouldn't. He'd give it to Larry and let him pound behind his tough, well coached oline. The other team knew what was coming, they couldn't stop it! Impose your will on the defense, instead of the other way around.

Lots of excellent answers. Would not argue against any of them, really.

My latest thought process:

This draft is deep at OL and WR talent. No need to pick one in the 1st round (no matter how much I want OL horses).

Not so deep at EDGE and we need EDGE. The top guys are pretty damned good.

Take one of the top 3 or 4 EDGE guys (a couple will not be there, so it may be a beggar's banquet) with that first pick.

Grab your OL with that 2nd pick.

With our brand new shiny TE and McD swearing it's the next step in this offense, I don't deem WR as big a need as the other two positions.

Anyhow, I'm easily convinced we can't screw this up...

Back
Top Bottom