who do you think will be PG for usa basketball?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who do you think will be PG for usa basketball??

Roman529 said:
Don't get me wrong...I love Chauncey....I got to see him play many games in Denver when I was growing up. Got to see him play at my alma mater (Univ. of Colorado), but I would still take AI.
I would take AI too. Its just a lot closer then most people think it is. Ai is a top 7 player, billups is probably top 10-12

Boik14 said:
Stealing the ball doesnt alone make a player a good defender. Not allowing the man your guarding to get the shot they want is good defense. Moving your feet to stop penetration is good defense. Ridnour is just bad though. He cant shoot (hovers around 40% much of the year), he cant guard, his assists are mediocore for someone who's supposed to be a true PG. Ill take Arenas, Paul, AI (if he had been invited by Coach K/Coangelo etc), and a handful of others over him without hesitation.

ok first off ridnour is fine shooting the ball 40%...thats as good as jj redicks stats in college and everyone thinks hes god or something....also when it comes to ridnour not picking up as many assists as other in the league....its kinda hard to get alot when the sonics dont have a scoreing big man on its team. its real easy for other point guards to throw it into the post and get easy assists....most of ridnours either comes on alley opps...no look--behind the back passes...or hitting allen or lewis for 3 balls....but really its hard when they dont have a scoring big man like many other teams...otherwise he would be top 5 guarented....also as for billiups...his wife is having a baby i believe i heard when the practices and stuff are... so u can scratch him off the list...also michael redd isnt going to go cause he is getting married around that time.

byroan said:
A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 when it comes to assists. The definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball.

Please see the discussion above, thanks. This point has been repeatedly and soundly debunked.

Roman529 said:
You probably think Chauncey is a better player than AI too....just another AI hater.

Didn't I just say that I like Iverson, and that liking the guy and believing he's a ballhog are two entirely different things? No, I don't think Chauncey's a better player; as Boik noted, Iverson's PER is among the best in the league. Iverson, right now, is statistically the best point guard in the league (yes, I know he's really a 2 guard in a point's body, but the Sixers play him at the point, so he's a point guard until they move him).

Unfortunately, the whole reason you can't put Iverson on this team is that you can only have so many ballhogs on the court at the same time. There's no possible way you can play Kobe and AI together. None. So unless AI is content being the second unit scorer, since Kobe's a better player, he doesn't get invited. And since you're building a team for a 3 year term, and there's always a good chance that Iverson's going to get injured or shot, you've got to look elsewhere.

Incidentally, I'm retracting my statement that Arenas should be the point guard for this team in the absence of Billups. Statistically, he's an even bigger ballhog than AI. (16.9 Assist Rate) Of course, I don't think he's got the ego AI does, and would probably be more willing to defer to Bryant and James, so that's probably part of why they picked him. Still, I'd use Wade as the de facto point right now, which on this team really just means bringing the ball up the court.

ferretsquig said:
try 29...

Is that the average for a point guard? I didn't total up the numbers to figure out the mean, but the median and mode are both 26.

phunwin said:
Please see the discussion above, thanks. This point has been repeatedly and soundly debunked.
I read it. My statement still stands. A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 for assists. Once again, the definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball. How does someone who doesn't pass the ball, end up in the top 10 for assists?

byroan said:
I read it. My statement still stands. A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 for assists. Once again, the definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball. How does someone who doesn't pass the ball, end up in the top 10 for assists?

1. Iverson dishes out an assist 18% of the time he has the ball. That's 41st out of the league's 43 point guards.

2. Iverson dishes out about 8 assists per game, which is among the league leaders.

We KNOW 1 & 2 are true. So, given that, if Iverson dishes out a significant number of assists, and yet only records an assist 18% of the time he has the ball, what can we conclude? The only logical conclusion is that he has the ball pretty much constantly; that's the only way he could rack up a significant number of assists. This is simple math, not subjective opinion.

If he has the ball constantly, and has an assist only once in a great while, what else is he but a ballhog? Iverson's high assist numbers are only a function of having the ball almost every single time the Sixers are on offense.

byroan said:
A ballhog isn't going to be in the top 10 when it comes to assists. The definition of a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the ball.

but a ballhog can be defined as someone that takes the 2nd most shots in the nba from the pg postion :yes:

Buddwalk said:
but a ballhog can be defined as someone that takes the 2nd most shots in the nba from the pg postion :yes:

Seeing as how he's a SG playing PG. He's going to take shots. But once again, a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the BALL and HOGS it.

byroan said:
Seeing as how he's a SG playing PG. He's going to take shots. But once again, a ballhog is someone who doesn't pass the BALL and HOGS it.

You just dont get it nevermind...:lol:

You have it set in your mind and you dont want some 17 year old kid telling you something you already think you know

Buddwalk said:
You just dont get it nevermind...:lol:

You have it set in your mind and you dont want some 17 year old kid telling you something you already think you know

It has nothing to do with that so it's obvious you don't get it. You don't understand what the word ballhog means.

byroan said:
It has nothing to do with that so it's obvious you don't get it. You don't understand what the word ballhog means.

I actually play ball I do understand what ballhog means, Jeesh bro your hardheaded. Ok He touches the ball every single posession for philly...meaning hes going to get assist DUH...Have you even watched any 76ers games bro? He constantly takes shots that are unnessecary...one reason I've never put him in my top 5 of players. Hes a ballhog when the game breaks down in the final seconds he does not pass the ball, or rarely does. He'll pass up a wide open 3 from another teamate, and just hit a jumper. Also not to mention like you said SG in a PG's body...face it bro hes a ballhog.

Buddwalk said:
I actually play ball I do understand what ballhog means, Jeesh bro your hardheaded. Ok He touches the ball every single posession for philly...meaning hes going to get assist DUH...Have you even watched any 76ers games bro? He constantly takes shots that are unnessecary...one reason I've never put him in my top 5 of players. Hes a ballhog when the game breaks down in the final seconds he does not pass the ball, or rarely does. He'll pass up a wide open 3 from another teamate, and just hit a jumper. Also not to mention like you said SG in a PG's body...face it bro hes a ballhog.

Yeah and I play ball as well, means nothing to this conversation. Who cares who is in your top 5 list? You don't define who is a good basketball player and who isn't.

BTW, I'd watch who you're calling hardheaded. :shakeno:

byroan said:
Yeah and I play ball as well, means nothing to this conversation. Who cares who is in your top 5 list? You don't define who is a good basketball player and who isn't.

BTW, I'd watch who you're calling hardheaded. :shakeno:

Why should I watch who I call hardheaded? Is this because your a mod byroan, no need to show off your fancy powers bro...Just relax were talking basketball, nothing personal here. You should also watch how agressive your getting with a simple forum member, other mods might be watching. AI is a great player but a ballhog he is and 99.9% of nba viewers will agree with me...So maybe No one cares about my top 5 list but I do. Also Who does define who a good basketball player is? Overpaid ESPN analysts, or Kids younger then you. I actually do truely believe that when you ever consider my opinion you do factor my age into the equation...I've seen numerous posts on this board of discussions between you and I and you've acted like this the whole time. Maybe because your a mod, or maybe you just dont like me...Thats cool If you dont like me no one has to and im certainly not paying you too. But you should know as a mod, it doesnt give you the right to factor your anger on one member. Have a smile and a coke bro and relax :cooldude:

coke-1.jpg

I didnt mean hardheaded as an offensive term, I was pointing out your views int his thread...your not listening to anyone and considering anything your simply believing what comes out of your mouth is the absolute truth.

Back
Top Bottom