Who Has Better Lb's Miami Or Baltimore? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Lb's Miami Or Baltimore?

as far as whoes the best...
in no particular order.

Bills: Fletcher, Spikes, Posey
Fins: Thomas, Seau, Sparagan
Steelers: Farrior, Foote, Porter, Haggans
Ravens: Lewis, Suggs, Thomas, Polley
Broncoes: Wilson, Williams, ?
Chiefs: Fujita, Bell, Mitchell (?)
Vikings: Cowart, Harris, Henderson
Eagles: Trotter, Simoneau, Jones
Bucs: Quarles, Brooks, Gold
Skins: Arrington, Barrow, Washington
Chargers: Edwards, Godfrey, Foley, Merriman (R)

notes:
- arrington is always hurt, and barrow may be a cap cut.
- a 3-4 D LB is diffrent than the 4-3 D LB, and looked at diffrently.

my order:
1) Bucs
2) Bills
3) fins
4) Vikings

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
The Bills do.

Posey is solid.

Spikes is an All-pro player and FLetcher has been an alternate for the probowl the last few years. He should have made it by now.

There was a ranking on one of those site, Sportsline, foxsports, or SI that ranked the Linebacker units in the NFL. Bills were #1 and Steelers were #2. Dont remember the rest.

:lol: .....I guess that writer was with Ricky when he wrote that ranking
up. :infins: :groovy:

ch19079 said:
IMO, fletcher is more than just good. hes the backbone of our D. (but cant defend the pass to save his LIFE!!!)

spikes is GREAT, and it was a GREAT move to pick him up. :D

now to Posey.. he was braught in for his pass rushing ability. he played very well for the texans in their 3-4 D. but when he came to buffalo, he doenst blitz that often. (coaching decision), i guess cus spikes gets most of the blitzes. so posey hasnt had the chance to showo that pass rush ability. though some may say that a good pass rushing LB in the 3-4 is not as good in the 4-3. but he doesnt make many mistakes. good enough is a good term for him.

Fletcher is an amazing guy in COverage. Its the Matchups Gray gets him in. FOr Some reason Fletcher thinks he is a LB/CB/RB/Kick Returner.

They have him covering WR's man up sometimes. I agree though, FLtecher means more to this defense than SPikes does, IMO.

Valbon8 said:
If they are healthy, I think the Chiefs take it easily. If not the Chiefs, then I'd say Rams, Patrioits or Bills (sorry guys).

Dude, both of the Rams and Chiefs are very poor at the LB position.

Now as for the best LB set, i would have to say the Ravens because Suggs is one of the best pass rushing LB's in the NFL. Lewis has great leadership skills to make the LB's do better.

tay0365 said:
:lol: .....I guess that writer was with Ricky when he wrote that ranking
up. :infins: :groovy:

THey are pretty damn good, you have to admit.

I like to call Spikes and Fletcher, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble. They are the perfect combination.

ch19079 said:
as far as whoes the best...
in no particular order.

Bills: Fletcher, Spikes, Posey
Fins: Thomas, Seau, Sparagan
Steelers: Farrior, Foote, Porter, Haggans
Ravens: Lewis, Suggs, Thomas, Polley
Broncoes: Wilson, Williams, ?
Chiefs: Fujita, Bell, Mitchell (?)
Vikings: Cowart, Harris, Henderson
Eagles: Trotter, Simoneau, Jones
Bucs: Quarles, Brooks, Gold
Skins: Arrington, Barrow, Washington
Chargers: Edwards, Godfrey, Foley, Merriman (R)

notes:
- arrington is always hurt, and barrow may be a cap cut.
- a 3-4 D LB is diffrent than the 4-3 D LB, and looked at diffrently.

my order:
1) Bucs
2) Bills
3) fins
4) Vikings
for the Broncos its gold on the strong side

I think it is probably the Bills but MIA has one of the best depth charts for linebackers.

The Steelers. Porter is a beast and Farrior has really revived his career out there. Haggans and Foote are still unknown but are very solid. The four of them combined totaled for something like 21 sacks and 8 ints last year. They are also tough, playing through injuries. They're the reason i'm so happy the phins will be using the 3-4.

Ya I Forgot About The Steelers They Really Do Have Some Good Ones I Like Joey Porter Myself.

The Patriots have the best LB core in the league. They brought in Chad Brown, and while they are getting up there in age no unit plays better together. They probably are not the most talented group in the league, but they certainly are the best. This goes if they have Bruschi or not.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
What Up Dolfans Im Just Writing Cause I Think Our Lb's Core COULD BE Top Of The League. My Question Is Who Do You Think Has The BETTER Lb's The Fins Or The Ravens Cause I Think They Are The Top Two?

:confused: :rofl3:

Dude, I love my Phins as much as you do, but this comparison is way, way off kilter. They have Ray. We dont have ANYONE close to Ray's caliber.

Dubfire said:
:confused: :rofl3:

Dude, I love my Phins as much as you do, but this comparison is way, way off kilter. They have Ray. We dont have ANYONE close to Ray's caliber.

Agreed.

If you put the Dolphins LB's in the top 5 please roll your clocks forward about 4 years.

yeah, i'd have to say comparing our LB core to batlimores is a bit of joke. Any team with Ray Lewis is going to dwarf ours. Don't get me wrong, I love ZT, but he doesn't have the fire or the big playmaking ability that Ray Lewis has.

PhinDude88 said:
Dude, both of the Rams and Chiefs are very poor at the LB position.

Now as for the best LB set, i would have to say the Ravens because Suggs is one of the best pass rushing LB's in the NFL. Lewis has great leadership skills to make the LB's do better.

How are the Chiefs poor at the LB position. They've got Shawn Barber, Kendrell Bell, Scott Fujita, Mike Maslowski, and D.J. The Chiefs D is going to be good this year, espescially at suffing the run.

The Rams are solid at the position. They now got Dexter Coakley nad Chris Claiborne in the offseason. Robert Thomas and Pisa Tinoisamoa are both solid and good enough to compliment the talent of Coakley and Claiborne.

Back
Top Bottom