Who Has Better Lb's Miami Or Baltimore? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Has Better Lb's Miami Or Baltimore?

Who is considering Jeff Posey as anything more than an average linebacker? He benefits from having a good defense around him - no more, no less. He's had a very average career to this point.

Larry Foote and Clark Haggans did well last year but really aren't playmakers. Porter is good, but he didn't have a spectacular season. I would have to say that Farrior is by far the best of the bunch. There could be something there that makes them more than the sum of their parts.

On paper, it would be tough to find two better linebackers on one team than Seau and Thomas. It really depends what we do this year and what type of defense we're putting out there.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
THey are pretty damn good, you have to admit.

I like to call Spikes and Fletcher, Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble. They are the perfect combination.

Yes, they are good, but not the best in the NFL.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
What Up Dolfans Im Just Writing Cause I Think Our Lb's Core COULD BE Top Of The League. My Question Is Who Do You Think Has The BETTER Lb's The Fins Or The Ravens Cause I Think They Are The Top Two?

While I believe our lb corps. Is top's minn. is quietly building a power house as well as K.C. pitsburgh usualy has the tops but fa's and cap issues have taken care of that. baltimore has always been over rated depending on strong Dl. play to cover up weaknesses at lb.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
The Bills do.

Posey is solid.

Spikes is an All-pro player and FLetcher has been an alternate for the probowl the last few years. He should have made it by now.

There was a ranking on one of those site, Sportsline, foxsports, or SI that ranked the Linebacker units in the NFL. Bills were #1 and Steelers were #2. Dont remember the rest.
please...the patriots linebackers could eat those guys alive.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:

I THINK THE BILLS MAY BE#1

MIAMI ISN'T IMO IN THAT TOP RANKING......JUST BEING HONEST......WIP

Saban4prez said:
yeah, i'd have to say comparing our LB core to batlimores is a bit of joke. Any team with Ray Lewis is going to dwarf ours. Don't get me wrong, I love ZT, but he doesn't have the fire or the big playmaking ability that Ray Lewis has.

Exactly. Ray makes game changing plays. Love him or hate him, he has been a one man wrecking crew since entering the league. I love ZT, but would take Ray over any other LB in the league.

flintsilver7 said:
Who is considering Jeff Posey as anything more than an average linebacker? He benefits from having a good defense around him - no more, no less. He's had a very average career to this point.

Larry Foote and Clark Haggans did well last year but really aren't playmakers. Porter is good, but he didn't have a spectacular season. I would have to say that Farrior is by far the best of the bunch. There could be something there that makes them more than the sum of their parts.

On paper, it would be tough to find two better linebackers on one team than Seau and Thomas. It really depends what we do this year and what type of defense we're putting out there.

Joey Porter is the best lb on the Steelers and a top 3 olb in the nlf. Farrior had a great season last year but he hasn't had the constant success that Porter has. I also disagree about Haggans not being a playmaker. He had 6 sacks and was constantly pressuring qb's.
I can't rank the phins LB core over the Ravens. We have DT problems and a combo of R.Lewis and T.Suggs is lethal.
The Dolphins have a good LB core, especially depth wise. The thing is, Seau is getting old and Zach may not be suited for the defense Saban is going to run. From what i've read, Saban was running primarily a 3-4 defense at the camps. I'm not sure if Zach can play in a 3-4 but at the same time, he's the last guy in the world i'd underestimate. There is also a question of who will start at olb. Spraghan is my pick. Good size, smart, and continues to improve. Crowder will be a great fit at ilb in the 3-4.

SQuinn17 said:
please...the patriots linebackers could eat those guys alive.

The Pats LB's by themselves are not that overaly talented. They are great system LB's who understand there roles and do what there told.

1. Steelers 2. Ravens 3. Redskins After this in any order you want Dolphins Bills Chargers Broncos Chargers theres others I havent mentioned

wazzy said:
1. Steelers 2. Ravens 3. Redskins After this in any order you want Dolphins Bills Chargers Broncos Chargers theres others I havent mentioned

I think he really likes that Charger LB corp more than he lets on. What do you guys think? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom