Who here actually wants us to lose? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here actually wants us to lose?

I was still hopeful last week after the texans beat us but after the browns game I lost all hope. Im now wanting us to lose for our own good. Losing=championship IMO lol

We lose then sporano gets fired and we get first pick.
Then comes in Andrew Luck and Bill Cowher... Championship

What a great and original thought.

yeah, cuz high draft picks have panned out so well for us in the past decade.

yeah yeah yeah, andrew luck's different. but our luck never changes--he lands with the dolphins, he probably goes all ryan leaf on us.

so i'll take the wins.

our luck doesn't change, because our franchises mentality hasn't changed. we are still being too conservative, relaxed, and ignoring obvious holes on the team. we've been playing wanny ball since marino's departure and the only way we'll start playing like the rest of this league is to take a chance on luck and bring in another regime.

you know the old saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." That's our franchise for the passed decade.

unless we win the super (which is HIGHLY unlikely), the wins are 100% useless. wins just get us another mid tier draft pick and no andrew luck.

Considering the season is over, any real fan would embrace losses at this point. It's what's best for the team, and most fans I assume want what's best for the team.

yeah, cuz high draft picks have panned out so well for us in the past decade.

yeah yeah yeah, andrew luck's different. but our luck never changes--he lands with the dolphins, he probably goes all ryan leaf on us.

so i'll take the wins.

I know what draft picks haven't panned out for us so well in the past decade. Quarterbacks. Want to know why? Because this organization has been too stubborn and clueless to draft one in the first round. Not since Marino. I'd say he panned out pretty well.

Seriously, if you CHEER for us to lose you need to...
clear.gif

I'd prefer all the fans hoping we string together a few meaningless wins to get a 6-10 or 7-9 record get the **** out and stay out myself. Seasons over. The sooner fans realize it, and realize that Andrew Luck is a very real possibility at this point, and start to embrace losses for the good of the team, the better.

at the end of the day whats another 7-9 season or a 2-14 one anyways guys...just another waste of a season...i'll take the promise a top 5 pick might provide over another middling mediocrity personified forever it seems one any day...

Pretty much. Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. I'd rather get the top pick and not have to worry about missing the playoffs for a very, very long time.

i can never root for us to lose really. at the end of the year i hope wehave a better pick - i guess that means i want losses but i really dont. i wanna see these guys win. give me something decent on sunday man. we were so close this week.

enough with this cowher obsession lol its comical now. Luck is one thing but Cowher . . just another second tour coach. they just had some thing on monday night football tonight showing all the coaches who could not win a superbowl with 2 teams. has it ever been done at all?

I can almost hear it now, "And with the first pick, the Miami Dolphins select Andrew Luck, quarterback, Stanford. Not since the great Dan Marino have the Dolphins drafted a quarterback in the first round...."

I can almost hear it now, "And with the first pick, the Miami Dolphins select Andrew Luck, quarterback, Stanford. Not since the great Dan Marino have the Dolphins drafted a quarterback in the first round...."
''

That sounds fantastic.

I would get pop a boner if I heard that. No joke

our luck doesn't change, because our franchises mentality hasn't changed. we are still being too conservative, relaxed, and ignoring obvious holes on the team. we've been playing wanny ball since marino's departure and the only way we'll start playing like the rest of this league is to take a chance on luck and bring in another regime.

you know the old saying "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." That's our franchise for the passed decade.

unless we win the super (which is HIGHLY unlikely), the wins are 100% useless. wins just get us another mid tier draft pick and no andrew luck.
you want us to do something different. doing something different wouldn't be throwing the season hoping we got a certain prospect. doing something different would be picking good players instead of not-so-good ones. it'd be picking demarcus ware instead of ronnie brown. it'd be picking santonio holmes instead of jason allen. darrelle revis instead of ted ginn. clay matthews instead of vontae davis. picking those players would've resulted in our doing something else different: winning games.

what we need is better scouting. but y'all keep telling yourselves that losing every week'll fix everything. we've lost most weeks for the last decade+. it doesn't fix a thing unless you pick the right guys. which we rarely do. conversely, if your scouting is good, you can pick good players in the middle and latter part of the first round. good teams do it all the time.

so i let the prospect chips fall where they may, and on sunday i root for my team to win, no matter how rarely it happens. if other people want to root for a high draft pick, that's cool. just sounds frustrating to me with an org that drafts as ****ty as ours.

I know what draft picks haven't panned out for us so well in the past decade. Quarterbacks. Want to know why? Because this organization has been too stubborn and clueless to draft one in the first round. Not since Marino. I'd say he panned out pretty well.
has this organization suddenly become intelligent?

look, if we get luck i'll be as happy as anyone here. in april. till then i ain't worrying about it. you think i ain't taking the long view. i think you're putting too much stock in prospects cuz no one ever knows how they're gonna do. it's all good.

I want us to go out and play the rest of the year with all our heart and potential!

Back
Top Bottom