Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who here wants Forrest Lamp? I do!

Highlights with commentary is not an evaluation. Just saying.

Also his squabbles with teammates and coaches is well documented, it's not simply hearsay or based off one unanimous scout.

Quite the opposite, I started watching his analysis specifically because he looks for bad plays also. He couldn't find anything really except that he has a limited toolset. Which made his tape that much more impressive.

Point is, it's all a subjective gray area. I mean, what about Charles Haley? Steve Young said he used to touch himself whenever he brought a woman into the locker room...Future Hall of Famer.

However, if he's consistently biting his own due to anger issues, then yeah, he's gonna drop and he's untouchable until day 3.

It's just frustrating not knowing the context, because that guy looks the best to me.

Quite the opposite, I started watching his analysis specifically because he looks for bad plays also. He couldn't find anything really except that he has a limited toolset. Which made his tape that much more impressive.

Fair enough. :hi5:

Malik would be a risky move for the Dolphins. However, if you're always going to draft safe, I can't imagine you're going to be able to find many gems that will help leapfrog your team to the next level. Sometimes you have to take a few risks. There's a reason why some teams perpetually seem to at the top of NFL and others are in the gutter.

People shy away from "boom or bust" and maybe rightly so. I'm not saying Malik would be the right player to try out this scenario for the Dolphins. But the areas of concern for him, low-motivation, selfish etc is exactly the kind of real evaluation that comes from that Dr. Rick Perea guy that conducted 50 interviews with draft prospects - here's hoping McDowell was one of the ones he interviewed (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...hins-assess-motivation-of-NFL-draft-prospects)

So if they Dolphins do take him, one should think they did the evaluation on Malik McDowell and decided that they knew they could work with him.

Collins forced his way into being a UDFA by vowing not to sign with any team that drafted him in the late rds.

Forgot about that... I still think Al Davis would've taken a flier on Collins, LOL. Davis was so gangsta, I'm really starting to miss that guy.

This collection of PC suits, motivational speakers and amped up infomercial dudes is turning the NFL so bland.

We miss you Al Davis, wherever you are...

Thanks Sons. Guess 1 out of 5 aint bad. Technically 4.

That seems a lot to me to not have hit on a cornerstone. Pouncey is great. Great. But i wouldnt call him a cornerstone.

Call me selfish, glutteness, whatever you want. Wheres my Tony Boselli dammit?

Edit: Pouncey has been one of our only cornerstones. Thats the wrong word. He's not irreplaceable.

Malik would be a risky move for the Dolphins. However, if you're always going to draft safe, I can't imagine you're going to be able to find many gems that will help leapfrog your team to the next level. Sometimes you have to take a few risks. There's a reason why some teams perpetually seem to at the top of NFL and others are in the gutter.

People shy away from "boom or bust" and maybe rightly so. I'm not saying Malik would be the right player to try out this scenario for the Dolphins. But the areas of concern for him, low-motivation, selfish etc is exactly the kind of real evaluation that comes from that Dr. Rick Perea guy that conducted 50 interviews with draft prospects - here's hoping McDowell was one of the ones he interviewed (http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...hins-assess-motivation-of-NFL-draft-prospects)

So if they Dolphins do take him, one should think they did the evaluation on Malik McDowell and decided that they knew they could work with him.

Thank you, that makes me feel better.

Remember when Jimmy Johnson would go mental on putting prospects through all those psych tests. Then wind up acquiring murder/death/kill guys, lol.

What is all this lunacy with Lamp???...really getting tired of hearing this....anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of NFL football/draft knows you DON'T take a guard with a 1st round pick!!!

Thanks Sons. Guess 1 out of 5 aint bad. Technically 4.

That seems a lot to me to not have hit on a cornerstone. Pouncey is great. Great. But i wouldnt call him a cornerstone.

Call me selfish, glutteness, whatever you want. Wheres my Tony Boselli dammit?

Ha ha, I hear that. Though Boselli had it all, he had prototypical size and was an amazing technician. One of the best to ever play.

Tunsil should be a helluva tackle now that he'll be at his natural position.

If it happens, can we not run "I love Lamp" into the ground? I think he is drafts best OL, so to fill biggest need and get that value at 22...c'mon man!!!

Gotta go "Block Forrest! Block!" Lamp.

What is all this lunacy with Lamp???...really getting tired of hearing this....anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of NFL football/draft knows you DON'T take a guard with a 1st round pick!!!

Really? Care to explain?

Not necessarily advocating Lamp (or maybe I am) but I find the notion that guard isn't important as, well . . laughable.

Just when I thought I was finally turning Japanese... Never stop posting, ZachMarino, never stop.

I'm taking him in the third. we could have had Collins in the the 7th and let him go. don't make the same mistake

I would take the risk even with one of our 5th rd picks. Based on the story reported something about her story seems off. Who meets a random person in an elevator and goes back to their hotel? Definitely some red flags there.

Back
Top Bottom