Who in here thinks the new rule.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who in here thinks the new rule..

Who thinks this new rule is soft?

• This rule is good for the sport (less injuries)

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • this rule should be banned because football is not "soft"

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Who in here thinks the new rule of calling defensive holding more often is making this sport soft?

The NFL needs to go back to the rules of the 70's. I can hit bump ya all the way down the field. In turn the reciever can do the same thing and push off.
Lets get back to playing football. Let's take the skirts off the QB's while we are at it.

Soon the NFL will stand for:
Now
For
Ladies

bottom line is that this is football and football is a contact sport and Miami DBs cover WRs like your suppose to

The rule is good for the sport because there should be less holding. It doesn't equate to less injuries. Less holding should equate to more HITTING.

PhinstiGator said:
The rule is good for the sport because there should be less holding. It doesn't equate to less injuries. Less holding should equate to more HITTING.

what fun is this sport if you can't come into any contact with your guy before the ball is catched? and this rule is only going for DBs so WRs can hold all they want but a DB can't do anything about it

why is this rule good for a full-contact sport like football? It's not the refs just need to keep their dam eyes open

its just the way it is... i dont think the sport would be exciting as much if they let em hit each other... less catches and bombs thrown... think bout it...

Its not a NEW RULE. They have made a decided effort to enforce the current rules more vigorously.

This new rule will hurt the Phins because our CBs like to jam the receivers within the first 5 yards. However, CBs shouldn't be allowed to just hold WRs the whole way down the field. You should be allowed to jam within the first 5 yards, but after that, it should be a penalty.

it would not be like that if they kept the rules the same, I like the rules the way they were because now all you are going to see is def. holding or pass inter. on every passing play

iceblizzard69 said:
This new rule will hurt the Phins because our CBs like to jam the receivers within the first 5 yards. However, CBs shouldn't be allowed to just hold WRs the whole way down the field. You should be allowed to jam within the first 5 yards, but after that, it should be a penalty.

now there can't be any holding

nick19991 said:
now there can't be any holding
That's how the Patsies got to the Superbowl last year. They mauled the Colts receivers and the officials looked the other way.

Injuries are irrelevant. The NFL wants more successful long bombs that will make its fan base go "ooooh" and "ahhhhh." That's why it is mandating stricter enforcement of the rule.

The bigest problem i see is they made this cahnge as a result of a team crying about getting pushed around with physical play. I mean does that mean if a team cries enough any rule can be changed?

Back
Top Bottom