Who is more than 90 percent gone after this season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is more than 90 percent gone after this season?

i wouldnt be so sure fiedlers totallly gone next year, he happens to be our only capable starting qb. im not saying hes the best but hes the best we got. even if our new coach can bring in a starting qb i wouldnt be suprised to see fielder as a backup

Some comments on names that have popped up.

1. Fiedler-No way is he gone UNLESS Miami finds a replacement for him and right now there is no names out there that wow me.
2. Wade- I don't believe he will be gone for the simple fact that all this talk about his contract is just manuevering by both sides. He isn't a top RT in the NFL so I don't see him getting much of a look by other teams.
3. Madison- No way he is gone. There is NOONE to replace him. He is still a very good CB, that makes bonehead penalities. Plus I believe he will restructure his contract.
4.O-Gun- At the very worse he will be tendered a contract that will cost a team a 1st and 3rd round pick. He will stay at least another year with Miami.
5. Ruddy- Unless he is just outright released he will be back. I just don't see that happening.
6. Marion- I really hate to see him go. He is the general in the secondary. When he is on and he is one of the best safeties in the NFL. The Problem is when he is off, Miami gives up big plays.

One final thing-You can do all the wishing and wanting to get rid of players but you need to look at who will replace these guys. If you do replace these guys are they better? What are the salary implications? I think its best to wait until the end of the season to see who the coach is and who is available when free agency begins.

It just depends on the new coaching staff, but I seriously doubt if O-Gun comes back, theres no way we can afford paying him Jason Taylor-type money that he wants when we have an offensive line to build

Fiedler must go or become the permanant back up! I don't give a sh** what any one says he has started for 4 years w/ a good defense and where has this team gone?
As sad as this sounds I would rather see BG as the starter if we must.
I am not saying everything is Fiedler's fault to start another bs thread because that debate is done. But Fiedler shows signs of being a good NFL qb and then stinks the joint out the next. Time to go.

As far as O-Gun goes, I would like to see him back but I really don't think we will be able to afford him. I don't see much room in contract restructuring with what happened w/ this years contracts.

We might just lose more than we think we might and then it becomes that ugly ten letter word "rebuilding" year.

This is just my opinion, but it seems wanny/norv have been in full support of Fieder since day one? It's been almost unconditional, like a child to his parents. Not that I blame Fiedler for this at all, but I think the rest of the league sees Jay as blazingly average, and wanny/norv can't see he is what he is.

I doubt the next coaching staff will feel the same. Fiedler will most likely be a fail-safe unless Mark Brunell comes along. In that case, all Fiedler would be is a (hopefully not overpaid) backup.

Originally posted by 54OrangeCrush99
This is just my opinion, but it seems wanny/norv have been in full support of Fieder since day one? It's been almost unconditional, like a child to his parents. Not that I blame Fiedler for this at all, but I think the rest of the league sees Jay as blazingly average, and wanny/norv can't see he is what he is.

I doubt the next coaching staff will feel the same. Fiedler will most likely be a fail-safe unless Mark Brunell comes along. In that case, all Fiedler would be is a (hopefully not overpaid) backup.

What?????? How can you say they have been in full support all year? After watching the Washington game, its clear to me that Jay was healthy enough to play (and probably was for 1 or 2 games earlier)....the coaches were just trying to find a way to replace him. I think if the Dolphins let Jay walk....you'll have 5 or 6 teams after him very strongly and he'll end up as one of the highest paid QB's in the league.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Ogunleye isnt definitely gone after this year.......
HEY THERE FINFAN HOW DO JOIN TO PLAY MADDEN 2004 ONLINE I'LL PLAY YA I GOT THE GAME I JUST NOT SURE HOW TO JOIN THE GAME .

Originally posted by steadfast
i wouldnt be so sure fiedlers totallly gone next year, he happens to be our only capable starting qb. im not saying hes the best but hes the best we got. even if our new coach can bring in a starting qb i wouldnt be suprised to see fielder as a backup

I disagree completely. BG is a better QB behind a line that does not resemble a wet napkin. He is also our best shot at a servicable QB next year unless we get a great FA (I dont see one I want) or Manning in the draft (I cant see anyone giving up a shot at him). Also Jay will be gone b/c he considers himself a starter. Good ridence. Reasons he should not be a starter.
Injured every year
Cant go deep
Poor accuracy
Inconsistant- you neven know who is gonna show up.
All that and more equalls a loosing situation. Luv the heart Jay but you cant throw a ball with your heart.

Originally posted by dreadlockera

I disagree completely. BG is a better QB behind a line that does not resemble a wet napkin. He is also our best shot at a servicable QB next year unless we get a great FA (I dont see one I want) or Manning in the draft (I cant see anyone giving up a shot at him). Also Jay will be gone b/c he considers himself a starter. Good ridence. Reasons he should not be a starter.
Injured every year
Cant go deep
Poor accuracy
Inconsistant- you neven know who is gonna show up.
All that and more equalls a loosing situation. Luv the heart Jay but you cant throw a ball with your heart.

Could not have said it better myself :rocker: :up:

The only thing good about Griese is his last name! :D
He's got to go!
Make Fiedler a backup, and try for Brunell.
We might as well give that a shot.
There is no reason we should not make the playoffs with the roster we have!
Fire Wanny and NV!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Brunell or Warner will be here next year I think. Fiedler is too expensive as a back up unless we restructure to a much lower number.

Fiedler has been given way to much time to develop into a starting qb in the NFL. Scrap this project already, he is nothing more & nothing less than a backup qb.

He is not worth 1/3 the money he is expected in 2004! Sorry, the wins for a starting qb doesn't mean crap because all of his wins got us Nothing!!!

Back
Top Bottom