Who is the #1 Defense now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the #1 Defense now?

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With the Bucs losing some key members of their SB defense who would you rate as the #1 defense right now in the NFL?

With the additions of Seau, Buckley, and Zgonia and hopefully adding Sammy Knight along with all of last years starters I think Miami can make a case for the toughest D in the NFL.

What y'all think? Who has a tougher D than Miami right now?

Until everyone hits the field, I will continue to say Tampa. Now, I think we have upgraded a lot, and if we can manage to play away, like we do at home, we will be one of the BEST defenses ever.

On Paper, no doubt we are a top 3....but to answer this question fairly, you cant tell till the season starts.....still some moves could be made by other teams.....

TB lost a few guys but got Rudd.

We have lost no one (we were #3 last year) AND added Seau, Zgonia and Buckely. We have definetly approved, and if we attain Sammy Knight then we'll definetly be #1 on paper before the season starts.

We cannot answer this until we see who is our starting LOLB. Plus Tampa only lost Dexter Jackson...so they did not lose much. I think we are top 3, and we will get two overall because Bucs are in such an easy division.

top 10 maybe..........the best defenses don't give up 11 pt leads in "playoff" games(i.e Minnesota and New England) AND they can play on the road

As everybody pointed out correctly..Miami has a killer D on paper..I was hoping we kept Rodgers for Depth..along with the rookie and Hendrick..we would have an awesome LB corps..With the additional of Buckey for CB depth and hopefully S. Knight..we have good mix of vets and young players that can do it for us....But the truth is on the field every Sunday or Monday night..or in our case a Thursday..We'll see.

Well tell me if you agree with me on this...

Pat Surtain - Top 5 CB

Sam Madison - Top 10 CB

Jason Taylor - Top 3 DE

Zach Thomas - Top 5 ILB

Junior Seau - Top 15 OLB

Tim Bowens - Top 10 DT

Brock Marion - Top 15 FS

Larry Chester - Top 15 DT?

Originally posted by t2thejz
Yea except for maybe chester

I think Chester can be or is a top 15..he was hurt last year..I think he has something to prove this year..

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
top 10 maybe..........the best defenses don't give up 11 pt leads in "playoff" games(i.e Minnesota and New England) AND they can play on the road

Right, okay, and that makes the bills what, like top 55 including arena football too?

Originally posted by justafan
According to Mannyfresh, we're better than the fins.

Damn, that must mean it's true then.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom