Who is the #1 Defense now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the #1 Defense now?

good on paper?!?!

Sounds like the Dolphin defense :lol:

Hell, at least we are good on something, Buffalo can't even be good on paper.

I would say that the Phins have more TALENT than any other Defense hands down. But Tampa is still the best D in the game. They bring fire and heart on all downs. The Phins get a lead and try to not to lose it. When Tampa gets a lead their D tries to score AGAIN. They just have some much ANGER when they are on the FIELD. Man sometimes I look at the Phins and see brittle great players after watching a Bucs game. I mean man when the Bucs D is on the field you just feel a big hit coming on EVERY DOWN. The Phins use speed and talent. The Bucs use FORCE & Speed with the talent. But again there is not a D in the League that offers more talent overall than the Phins D.

Sam * Pat * Zach * Jason * Brock * Tim * Junior

vs.

Brooks * Lynch * Sapp * Rice * Barber * Kelly

Miami is the new paper champions....lol

I just want to see some pissed off Phins on the field this year. If Tampa's D gives up 5 yards. They look like they are going to kill someone. If Miami's D gives up 5 yards they look like they are ready for the next play. Tampa's D lights a fire and the O catches on. Miami's just needs to be more intense on the field.

My list of top 10 defenses in no particular order.

Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
Miami
Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Baltimore
Oakland
Green Bay
Buffalo
Carolina

Until the season starts, I would say that Tampa Bay has the best defense in the league. After Tampa would be Miami and then Oakland.

Bellichick's mind plus the addition f Colvin and Harisson, NE could be good too. Granted that they still need a proven DT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
top 10 maybe..........the best defenses don't give up 11 pt leads in "playoff" games(i.e Minnesota and New England) AND they can play on the road

Clump,

If we refund your money will you go t-f away?

;)

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
I would say that the Phins have more TALENT than any other Defense hands down. But Tampa is still the best D in the game. They bring fire and heart on all downs. The Phins get a lead and try to not to lose it. When Tampa gets a lead their D tries to score AGAIN. They just have some much ANGER when they are on the FIELD. Man sometimes I look at the Phins and see brittle great players after watching a Bucs game. I mean man when the Bucs D is on the field you just feel a big hit coming on EVERY DOWN. The Phins use speed and talent. The Bucs use FORCE & Speed with the talent. But again there is not a D in the League that offers more talent overall than the Phins D.

Sam * Pat * Zach * Jason * Brock * Tim * Junior

vs.

Brooks * Lynch * Sapp * Rice * Barber * Kelly

Miami is the new paper champions....lol

I just want to see some pissed off Phins on the field this year. If Tampa's D gives up 5 yards. They look like they are going to kill someone. If Miami's D gives up 5 yards they look like they are ready for the next play. Tampa's D lights a fire and the O catches on. Miami's just needs to be more intense on the field.

dude, you are so right on. They need to play with FORCE. They need to play MEAN. They are too passive. Hopefully Wanny's getting tougher this year so the players will respond.
"hit 'em like they're plowing your wife phins."

If we can add SS S. Knight, I think we'll be looking at the most talented defense in the NFL. If not, we're still improved IMO....

Right now....

1. Tampa Bay
2. Miami
3. Philly
4. Pittsburgh
5. Baltimore
6. New England
7. Tennessee
8. Oakland
9. Buffalo
10. Green Bay

PHINZ RULE!!!!:eek:

Originally posted by Gonk
TB lost a few guys but got Rudd.

We have lost no one (we were #3 last year) AND added Seau, Zgonia and Buckely. We have definetly approved, and if we attain Sammy Knight then we'll definetly be #1 on paper before the season starts.

Anything "on paper" might as well be written on Puffs Plus for all it's worth. Which team has the best D will be known only in the last month of the season...and that's the only time it really counts anyway.

On paper we're the #1 D. On the field, we're probably top 3. That's where we finished last year in almost every statistical category. Any D can be scored on Miami's just let that happen at in opportune moments.

Originally posted by JJ777
Zach Thomas - Top 5 ILB

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Kindrell Bell, Al Wilson, Jerimiah Trotter

Are Better but Thomas is Top 10. Your D could be good, but I think age is going to be a factor.

Well, considering the fact that we finished 1st overall in our conference I would have to definitely say we have the second best Defense in the league behind the Bucks. CB's-Madison, Surtain and Buckley(2 Probowlers) S-Brock and Freeman, if we add Knight(2-Probowlers) LB-Zach, Seau, Moore(2 Probowlers) D-line- JT, Tim, Chester, Ogunleye, Bowens, Burnett, Williams, Jeff, wow that by far has to be the best D-line in the league..(2 Probowlers)..

Plus add the fact that our Offense was not the reason we did not make it to the playoffs last year, it was our defense once again...I think this will be the year we put everything together and go to the big dance..

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Kindrell Bell, Al Wilson, Jerimiah Trotter

Are you serious? or are you such a Dolphin hater to believe that all these Lb are better than thomas? The only one on your list that's better than Zach is Ray..Would you like to pull up the stats..We can go as far as last year to see who had more tackles? I can't remember Urlacher's name being mention one time when we played them last year and at the same time I can't remember when was the last time I watched a game where Zach name was not praised..

Sorry Bills fans Ray Lucas is no longer on your team if you get what I mean..It will be back to normal this year..We own you Mofo's..Jay will be healthy against ya this year, and what's his record and rating against the Bills again?...

Age is going to be a factor..!!That's the most ridiculous **** Ive heard all off season..

Patrick Surtain is the best Cornerback in the league bar none..
Sam is top 5 even with his poor performance last year..

Brock is a top 5 Free safety..
Arturo..Well we all know about him..But this will be just his second year starting so it's not all down the drain as of yet..

LB-Zack, and Seau..What else do I have to say..Really..

D-line- Well we have the best Depth in the league..

Buckley, Moore, Fletcher, JZ, Ogunleye, Chester, Wooden..Etc..I get it you Bills fans are out of our league..

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
top 10 maybe..........the best defenses don't give up 11 pt leads in "playoff" games(i.e Minnesota and New England) AND they can play on the road

clump top 10 is absolutely ridiculous and you know it, or are you talking about your bills D ? no you can´t because you wrote top 10 and not top 20 :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom