Who is the #1 Defense now? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the #1 Defense now?

Originally posted by justafan
Bellichick's mind plus the addition f Colvin and Harisson, NE could be good too. Granted that they still need a proven DT.

just wait till the reality of colvin and harrison comes out .very very overrated. especially harrison. we tore colvin a new ahole on MNF.
i dont understand why NE got rid of jones and replaced with harrison. just ask harrsion how he plans to stop ricky. he doenst have a clue.

and let me just say this, its not just what we have on paper. Its who we will not be going against. and that is two pro bowl type recievers in laverneous coles and peerless price.u see football is both sides of the equation and i havent found many fans on boards who can show the whole big picture.

and on this seau thing. people are going to find out in a hurry that seau isnt slow at all and hasnt lost anything except a team that had him for 10 years and used him all wrong last year.

u better believe we are going to have the best defense in the league!

Originally posted by Angneli

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Kindrell Bell, Al Wilson, Jerimiah Trotter

Are Better but Thomas is Top 10. Your D could be good, but I think age is going to be a factor.

brian urlacher is overrated, he is good-great, but last year he wasnt that good. how do i know? ricky got 200+yards against the bears with holes the size of texas to run through. where was urlacher? where was colvin? they were sucking gas, thats where they were. and ray lewis? he was out half the year, he dont count anymore until he proves himself again. and yes he has to prove himself again. Kindrell bell is nothing more than a one year wonder, he hasnt proved anything past what zach has done. and what the hell happend to jerrimiah trotter? oh right, the redskins.....the vaunted D with all those wonderful linebackers...........havent proved anything.

ZAch Thomas is the toughest, most consistant linebacker year after year. more than anyone on your list and has been around for longer minus ray lewis which i believe was the same year drafted. ray lewis still considerd the best but he did not have anywheres close to the year zach had last year. yeah thats right , he was injured, that means you cant be any good if your out of the picture. zach is always in the damn picture!

Zach really has been consistent... which is amazing for a "smallish" 5th rounder...

I think he will be even better this year with now being able to share some of his responsibilities with a HOFer...

The thing to remember is that a great defense is the result of working as a unit. The Dolphin D of the early 70s was a fantastic unit but it didn't have many stars. The current Dolphin D has many stars if they can learn to play as a unit they can easily be the best in the league. If they don't learn to play together they won't be the best no matter how many stars they add.

Lets not forget scheme. I thought Miami's predictability on D made it too easy for opposing offenses to game plan against them and pick on their weaknesses. Its clear we have the talent to be the #1 D in the NFL but unless you USE the talent the right way it doesn't mean much.

Originally posted by Angneli

Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Kindrell Bell, Al Wilson, Jerimiah Trotter

Are Better but Thomas is Top 10. Your D could be good, but I think age is going to be a factor.

You don't win many debates do you?

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
top 10 maybe..........the best defenses don't give up 11 pt leads in "playoff" games(i.e Minnesota and New England) AND they can play on the road

Ask Tampa how their great defense faired the last three years before they won it all.

Top 10 maybe....what a crock!

Hater

Back
Top Bottom