Who is the 2nd Greatest Phins HC of alltime? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the 2nd Greatest Phins HC of alltime?

Ok, I was just wondering I wouldn't exactly call either one of them loser's. I think they are both great coaches, as much as it pains me to say that. I have to be honest.

CirclingWagons said:
Someone called Levy a loser cause he never won(that would make Danny Boy a loser too i might add), and I just told them to compare Levy and Sula's head-to-head records...that's all
Well let it be known i didnt call levy a loser even though he couldnt get a ring.

Also let it be known that the comparsion statement was directed toward me.

FiN.in.RI said:
Well let it be known i didnt call levy a loser even though he couldnt take his team to the superbowl.

Also let it be known that the comparsion statement was directed toward me.
*couldn't win, we had no problem making it.

BlitPhinFan said:
If I remember correctly. When Shula came in he completely dismantled the team and brought in his own players. I think he kept maybe 20 odd players from previous years. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I will try to find the Dolphins History page I got the info from again and post it.

Your right Griese, Csonka and a couple WR were there for both coaches but other than that they were changed like the addition of Warfield.

I might be the only one here that will give your 1990-1993 team the credit they deserve. The reason I say they were good is because not many teams can stay together long enough and be good enough to make it 4 times in a row. However by losing all 4 makes them midlle to bottom on the list of all time greatest teams. Don't take this as liking them, just take it as a compliment.

Phinz said:
Your right Griese, Csonka and a couple WR were there for both coaches but other than that they were changed like the addition of Warfield.
:whew: I'm glad my memory isn't going completely to crap with all the "crying in my beer sessions" that I have endured. I know Csonka, Griese and Morris were there before Shula, but Shula took those three and made them super-stars. I guess that was my point. Wilson was not a great coach.

I agree. I know I wasn't alive but I tend to read about this team and study everything about them past/present.

Phinz said:
I agree. I know I wasn't alive but I tend to read about this team and study everything about them past/present.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: You and me both! Even since I knew what football was and was told that I was born on the "Year of Perfection", the Dolphins became my team at the young age of 5 in 1977.

We have only had one "great" HC during our history.The other three were just filling the position.

CrunchTime said:
We have only had one "great" HC during our history.The other three were just filling the position.
:clap: And I agree!

I agree, I just hope the one we have can tread water long enough to either become a great coach or until we can get a great one.

It's gotta be JJ. Look how bad the team was in 95 (still made the playoffs), but it was a bad team. Look what JJ did. Look at the defense now, the main guys are JJ's. Look at all the hipe the defense gets, that's JJ

Back
Top Bottom