Who is the 2nd Greatest Phins HC of alltime? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the 2nd Greatest Phins HC of alltime?

Phinz said:
Wilson didn't win more than 5 games in the 4 years he was there, Dave hasn't had a loosing one yet (knock on wood) and he's been our HC for 4 years as well. So it has to be Dave. It's not like we really have much to choose from. We've only had 4 HC's in history.
Correct, the Shula era was just so long. No other head coach has had a chance to compete with him yet. I will say that Wilson was the worst though. haha... he accounts for 4 of our 6 losing seasons. :tongue:

CirclingWagons said:
yeah, it was simultaneous. Don't worry about it, if he wants to ***** and moan about events that happened in the Paleolithic era, I'll humor him for awhile
Paleolithic era, WOW, I`m impressed. About Levy having the upper hand over Shula? So what.....like it ever won you a title.

Goin` Deep said:
Paleolithic era, WOW, I`m impressed. About Levy having the upper hand over Shula? So what.....like it ever won you anything.
no, but it prevented Danny and Co. from it too, so don't act like you don't care. The Buffalo Bills are one of the biggest reasons Danny didn't get another chance at a ring.

FiN.in.RI said:
Ok.

:checks record:

thats great.. shulas still got 2 rings on his fingers.. levey has zero.
Great, how were those SB's?, were they fun to watch? How exciting was it when the Miami Dolphins were crowned Superbowl Champs? Describe the moment...

Some can, but you..you've been rooting for a team no better than the Bills since you've been alive.

CirclingWagons said:
Great, how were those SB's?, were they fun to watch? How exciting was it when the Miami Dolphins were crowned Superbowl Champs? Describe the moment...

Some can, but you..you've been rooting for a team no better than the Bills since you've been alive.

yes but i dont give a sh*t.

CW what exactly were you trying to prove by having us check the records of the 2 coaches?

come on, there are 20 different ways to cut the "who's the better coach" pie.

lets drop it, and go back to dolphins head coach discussion.

I'd have to say Wanny due to his record, but again, he hasn't had much competition in the dolphins coaching department.

BlitPhinFan said:
Correct, the Shula era was just so long. No other head coach has had a chance to compete with him yet. I will say that Wilson was the worst though. haha... he accounts for 4 of our 6 losing seasons. :tongue:

yes but Wilson was the FIRST head coach, and those 4 losing seasons he coached were our first four years - you can't blame a coach for losses on an expansion team's first four years. He actually helped build the team that eventually went undefeated (after his reign).

CirclingWagons said:

I was alive then. It felt pretty damn good to go to 3 straight Super Bowls, and win 2 of them.

Phinz said:
CW what exactly were you trying to prove by having us check the records of the 2 coaches?
Someone called Levy a loser cause he never won(that would make Danny Boy a loser too i might add), and I just told them to compare Levy and Sula's head-to-head records...that's all

texasPHINSfan said:
yes but Wilson was the FIRST head coach, and those 4 losing seasons he coached were our first four years - you can't blame a coach for losses on an expansion team's first four years. He actually helped build the team that eventually went undefeated (after his reign).
If I remember correctly. When Shula came in he completely dismantled the team and brought in his own players. I think he kept maybe 20 odd players from previous years. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I will try to find the Dolphins History page I got the info from again and post it.

Back
Top Bottom