Who Is The Best All-around Athlete In Your Sport? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is The Best All-around Athlete In Your Sport?

bigmiamifan said:
Ah yea, because tackling is an essential part of playing at that position. He can cover, that's it. He can't tackle, so if a WR catches the ball they are going to get some YAK. He can't tackle so the RBs will get some extra yardage. Over the years he made a few sweet plays here and there and his rep preceded him. Less then spectacular QBs would not even take the chance throwing to his side, their were punks. He didn't always make a play, he didn't always make an INT, he didn't always turn the game around and he rarely made a tackle.

Sure, he might make the HOF, no doubt he had skill but that doesn't mean he's the best CB ever, that's what I call 'grasping'.

Give me a break...he didn't get his "rep" for scaring less then spectacular QBs. Is Favre in that category?
Nobody always make plays! However I challenge you to name another CB that made as many plays or returned INTs for TDs more than Deion.

If it is grasping then throw me a bone--or someone who is/was better?

I'm with Superself on this one. If a DE gets 25 sacks, does it really matter if he doesn't play the run that well?

Same could be said about Barry Sanders....and many would consider him the best RB ever....but they came in spurts...he wasn't a consistent move the chains type of player. He hit homeruns often enough though.

Back
Top Bottom