Who is the best power hitter of all time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the best power hitter of all time

Who is best power hitter?

• Babe Ruth

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Hank Aaron

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Barry Bonds

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Rocky Raccoon said:
I think Albert Pujols could very well be the best ever in 12-15 years

Compare him to Babe Ruth. Pujols in his first 5 full seasons, up to age 25, had 201 HR. Ruth in his first 5 full seasons, up to age 24, had 49 HR. Ruth ended up with 714, even when some of his best years were spent on the mound.

It's Babe Ruth all the way on this one.

Rocky Raccoon said:
I think Albert Pujols could very well be the best ever in 12-15 years

no way. Pujols would need to average 45 or so HRs a year for 15 years for him to even be considered. i dont see it happening.

well, he hasnt hit 45 HRs but 1 time so far in his career. so saying hes going to average 45 HRs over a 15 year stretch, is extremely unlikely, damn near impossible. not to mention, hes going to get pitched around more and more.

Nappy Roots said:
well, he hasnt hit 45 HRs but 1 time so far in his career. so saying hes going to average 45 HRs over a 15 year stretch, is extremely unlikely, damn near impossible. not to mention, hes going to get pitched around more and more.

Well he is well on pace to do it this year

and btw isnt it only his 6th year....how many times do you want him to hit over 45 in a 5 year span.....

I dont think he will push Aaron or anything but he is a great hitter

Alex22 said:
Well he is well on pace to do it this year

and btw isnt it only his 6th year....how many times do you want him to hit over 45 in a 5 year span.....

I dont think he will push Aaron or anything but he is a great hitter

if he doesnt push aaron, how could one consider him the best?

Nappy Roots said:
if he doesnt push aaron, how could one consider him the best?

Because Aaron wasnt the best....

And he might not play long enough to do it

If a guy plays 5 years and hits 70 each year I will consider him the best power hitter of all time regardless of how close he comes to Aaron

Alex22 said:
Because Aaron wasnt the best....

And he might not play long enough to do it

If a guy plays 5 years and hits 70 each year I will consider him the best power hitter of all time regardless of how close he comes to Aaron

so who is your greatest pitcher ever? sandy koufax?

I've only seen Bonds play but I think Ruth is a mythical figure in american sports history who i'm guessing most of us never actually seen play and really can only go by his statistics to how great he was. Pujols probably won't get an opportunity because like Barry said is their any reason to pitch to the guy? Alex Rodriguez as much as I hate to say it I think has a more likely chance than Pujols just because teams have to pitch to him.

Guys if there ever was a debate I will end it here...

In 1920 Babe Ruth hit 54 HR's surpassing all other TEAM TOTALS. The rest is history.. That is all..

Pujols is 26 years old, and has 217 homeruns. If he plays till hes 40, he needs about 39 homeruns every year and he'll get 800 total. 800 is very realistic. He hasn't even entered his prime yet! Hes on pace for 90 this year.(When factoring at bats, not games). His average has been over .330 for the past 3 seasons, and always over .310. Hes the best hitter ever! Note: He needs 36 a year to get 756.

ARod is 30 years old, and has 435 homeruns. Assuming he plays till 40, 37 homeruns a year to break 800. This is also very realistic. Note: he needs 33 a year to get 756.

I think they'll both break 700.

Back
Top Bottom