Who is the best power hitter of all time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the best power hitter of all time

Who is best power hitter?

• Babe Ruth

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Hank Aaron

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Barry Bonds

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Ruth
Aaron
Arod

And very soon Pujols will be entering teh equation because man hes ridiculous.

Is no one going to acknowledge that Ruth probably would have hit 800+ HR in the deadball era in huge parks if he hadn't been one of the league's best pitchers for 5 years?

He had no Coors, no Citizens Bank, not even Wrigley because of the league. He had no Astroturf to aid his hitting. He had no juiced balls, either kind. He was the best.

maddendude said:
Pujols is 26 years old, and has 217 homeruns. If he plays till hes 40, he needs about 39 homeruns every year and he'll get 800 total. 800 is very realistic. He hasn't even entered his prime yet! Hes on pace for 90 this year.(When factoring at bats, not games). His average has been over .330 for the past 3 seasons, and always over .310. Hes the best hitter ever! Note: He needs 36 a year to get 756.

ARod is 30 years old, and has 435 homeruns. Assuming he plays till 40, 37 homeruns a year to break 800. This is also very realistic. Note: he needs 33 a year to get 756.

I think they'll both break 700.

"very realistic"

ummm....are you serious?

RWhitney014 said:
Is no one going to acknowledge that Ruth probably would have hit 800+ HR in the deadball era in huge parks if he hadn't been one of the league's best pitchers for 5 years?

He had no Coors, no Citizens Bank, not even Wrigley because of the league. He had no Astroturf to aid his hitting. He had no juiced balls, either kind. He was the best.

im not sure who your trying to convince, most people in this thread said Ruth hands down, not even close.

:dunno:

Barry Bonds I know I know people are gonna say the steriods made him powerful or something like that but how many players in the MLB use steriods and hit 73 home runs look at Jason Giambi he was on the juice could he hit 73.

Yes im serious. 36 HRs every year for a power hitter, these days,....very realistic.

maddendude said:
Yes im serious. 36 HRs every year for a power hitter, these days,....very realistic.

i was more talkin about the pujols getting 800 being very realistic....

maddendude said:
Pujols is 26 years old, and has 217 homeruns. If he plays till hes 40, he needs about 39 homeruns every year and he'll get 800 total. 800 is very realistic. He hasn't even entered his prime yet! Hes on pace for 90 this year.(When factoring at bats, not games). His average has been over .330 for the past 3 seasons, and always over .310. Hes the best hitter ever! Note: He needs 36 a year to get 756.

ARod is 30 years old, and has 435 homeruns. Assuming he plays till 40, 37 homeruns a year to break 800. This is also very realistic. Note: he needs 33 a year to get 756.

Ted Williams disagrees with you.

Dave Kingman.....442 home runs in 1941 games. Yes he only had a batting average of .236.....but he could hit them to the moon.

But yeah the Babe was tops overall.

unifiedtheory said:
Ted Williams disagrees with you.

Ted Williams is the best hitter ever, no doubt about it.. Pujols still has a long way to go before he approaches Ted Williams company.. From 41'-54' Williams lead the league in On-base%, Slugging and OPS and BB every year he played..

Hank Aaron.
The only reason I didnt give to the Babe is because he never faced any pitchers from the Negro League and you know they're some good talented pitchers there.

maddendude said:

I think A-Rod will have the record by himself.....Pujols doesn't seem to swing for homers that much....he hits more for average, but I could see Pujols there if he decides to play until he is in his late 30's. A-Rod should get it easily. The sad thing is Ken Griffey Jr. would have killed all of these guys if he would have stayed healthy.

Amars said:
Hank Aaron.
The only reason I didnt give to the Babe is because he never faced any pitchers from the Negro League and you know they're some good talented pitchers there.

and hank DID face them?:confused: babe played in the deadball era...his numbers are insane.

RWhitney014 said:

He did have Ebbets field and that was something like 296 down the lines.

GreenMonster said:
Ted Williams is the best hitter ever, no doubt about it.. Pujols still has a long way to go before he approaches Ted Williams company.. From 41'-54' Williams lead the league in On-base%, Slugging and OPS and BB every year he played..
Totally agree. And people forget Williams lost 6 years of his prime in the service. I read a book called "The Teammates" by David Halberstam. Some good stuff a sox fan like yourself may enjoy about Williams, Dom DiMaggio, Bobby Doerr, Pesky etc.

Back
Top Bottom