Who is UNDERATED/OVERATED on our team going into the season??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is UNDERATED/OVERATED on our team going into the season???

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
cannot include Rookies, for we have not seen them play an NFL game.....

You can, however, include B.Greise & S.Knight as it looks like they will become Dolphins soon....

Underated I use to think it was Patrick Surtain, but now he is definatley getting the respect he deserves....but one guy I think is underated right now is Jeff Zgonina, I think this guy has what it takes to beat out Larry Chester if given the chance....

Overrated Most people would place Sam Madison here, but not me, I think he's had a bad year and just becuase he didnt live up to all-star standards last year doesnt mean hes a bad player, he played mediocre at least....I dont have an Overrated player right now, however I do believe Jay Williams is/was a big mistake going after, especially for a 4th rd pick.....crap, we cant even get a 5th for D.Rodgers...who IMO, is better at his position then J. Williams is at his....

I would have to give my most overrated award to Chris Chambers. My underrated award goes to the entire Miami offensive line except for Jamie Nails, cuz he already gets the props, and James Mcknight.

HOORAH:drinker:

Overrated - Mark Royals, the fact that he has a job in the NFL surprises me....the fact that we rushed to resign him disgusts me!

Underrated - Jay Fiedler....does he still have the best winning percentage of any active QB??
Honorable Mention - Jamie Nails - just look at Ricky's numbers with and without him.

Underrated- Jay Fiedler, Tim Bowens, Larry Chester

Overrated-Jamar Fletcher

Underrated - Jamar Fletcher (He is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be), James McKnight

Overrated - Chris Chambers(hasn't done anything yet as a starter), Jay Fiedler(All I know after last season is that he is better then Ray Lucas)

Most Underrated: Tim Bowens; Junior Seau (by the media this year); Jay Fiedler (competitor); and Rob Konrad (has improved blocking and holds on to the ball more often).

Most Overrated: The Dolphins Defense (everyone says, "look at their great stats" and several make the Pro Bowl - they are very good and would have won 2-3 SB's if they played with Marino's offense in his prime - but great defenses shut down teams in big games on the road, late in the season. They just haven't been able to make the huge stop; big INT or sack/fumble in the most critical of games late in the year - see any of the past 5-6 years).

Overrated: It has to be Jay Feidler... I really dont know what you all see in him....

Underrated: Ricky Williams.. The guy led the league in rushing last year and yet he still hasnt received the respect he deserves...

Underrated:

Overrated: Wally Ogunleye. I don't even think he's the best pass rushing LDE on the team. And he's a direct benificiary of Jason Taylor being on the other side. He can't do it alone. Deon Dyer gets honorable mention.

Underrated: Timbo/Larry Chester. Judging from the threads you see during the season, I really don't think these guys get enough credit. And I don't think most Dolfans realize just how good these guys are and how difficult their job is.

Overated: Robert Edwards.. It was a good story and Im glad he is back.. but I dont think he showed much last year... I prefer Minor

Underated: Jay Fiedler... He's a winner and doesnt deserve the harrassment he receives... Doesnt have the best arm.. but that's ok as long as he gets the W's.. Anyone remember Lucas? Remember his Arm? Too bad it could only get us L's..

Underrated: Rob Konrad

Overrated: Oronde Gadsden

Overrated
-Sam Madison - I still think he's a top 5 CB, but just admit to the fact that he IS overrated.
-Junior Seau - Miami fans think he's somehow the savior of the offseason and think he's on his way to the Pro Bowl. He HAS lost a step, still is good but yall on here DO overrate him.

Underrated
-Derrius Thompson - People don't realize how good this signing was. They almost forgot about him until camp. He has the ability to be a stud.
-Eddie Moore - He wasn't as bad of a pick than people thought. Were there better players left? Yes, but he was solid. Just the fact that he ain't who people wanted, will start him off with a not-so-good rap with the Miami fans.

Originally posted by Boone

Overrated: Oronde Gadsden

He's a overrated PLAYER, but not a overrated DOLPHINS player. Thank the lord we haven't re-signed him yet..

Underated:Thompson,Chester,Fiedler

Overrated - Chris Chambers needs to step up to reach the "star" status many of us already see him at. If he doesn't catch at least 70-80 balls and have 1000 yards receiving its a dissapointment. Believe me I hope he does it because I was very high on him as a rookie.

Randy McMichael needs to finish what he starts this season.

Underrated - Darrius Thompson is going to be better than Orande Gadsden ever was in our offense mark my words. Him and Chambers may just loosen things up for each other this season.

James McKnight is a steady player who made some plays with his speed last season that quite frankly Orande Gadsden could not have made. Forget about the drop against Baltimore in 2001 people we weren't going anywhere anyway. Zach's neck was in such rough shape he couldn't even tackle and there was no way we were winning without Zach.

Back
Top Bottom