Who is UNDERATED/OVERATED on our team going into the season??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is UNDERATED/OVERATED on our team going into the season???

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Overrated
-Sam Madison - I still think he's a top 5 CB, but just admit to the fact that he IS overrated.
-Junior Seau - Miami fans think he's somehow the savior of the offseason and think he's on his way to the Pro Bowl. He HAS lost a step, still is good but yall on here DO overrate him.

Underrated
-Derrius Thompson - People don't realize how good this signing was. They almost forgot about him until camp. He has the ability to be a stud.
-Eddie Moore - He wasn't as bad of a pick than people thought. Were there better players left? Yes, but he was solid. Just the fact that he ain't who people wanted, will start him off with a not-so-good rap with the Miami fans.

I can agree with you on Madison and Thompson.

However, I think you'd have to agree that a 34 yr. old Seau is a major improvement over Rogers or Greenwood. That point alone makes the excitement over Seau justified and not overrated.

Moore..... This guy hasn't played a single down yet!?!?
Yes more info has come to light that should allow us all to hope for the best but come on.... what do you base Eddie Moore being underrated on???

I'd have to go with

Overrated: Jay Fiedler.... easy, give me a minute before slicing my throat. I pick Jay NOT because I think he sucks or because I'm "Jay bashing". I do think Jay can take the team to a championship with the players surrounding him just like Trent Dilfer did with the Ravens. I pick Jay on this only because many fans DIRECTLY attribute our record to him and not the team. That would be like saying Trent Dilfer was the reason the Ravens won or that Jim Mcmahon is the reason the 85 Bears were spectacular and that is just not the case.

Underrated:

Bowens & Chester. Mammoths in the middle that set up our entire D.

Konrad: This guy has improved his blocking skills from average to damn good. Along with that, the FB position in almost every teams offense is a non threat. Konrad makes the FB an offensive threat that D-coordinators have to deal with and game plan to stop. That makes Konrad an underrated talent hands down IMO. A talent I think many fans don't understand as was obvious when many were saying to just let him go.

Overrated:our defensive scheme(coaching)
Most Overrated: The Dolphins Defense (everyone says, "look at their great stats" and several make the Pro Bowl - they are very good and would have won 2-3 SB's if they played with Marino's offense in his prime - but great defenses shut down teams in big games on the road, late in the season. They just haven't been able to make the huge stop; big INT or sack/fumble in the most critical of games late in the year - see any of the past 5-6 years).

I partially agree with this, This statement is definetly true but it may not be the players fault. IMO, the coaching staff is responsible for most of these break downs. Maybe the whole defensive scheme or maybe just a few key formations here or there. Statistically they're always solid but they must come up with more big plays. Maybe teams just have our D figured out by the end of the game or end of the year but our staff must find a way to fix this . Possibly by switching things up a little more and not be so predictable. We definetly have the talent to be the best D in the league so hopefully we will put together the whole package this year.

Underrated:Fiedler, Timbo

Most Overrated:
Chris Chambers.. This guy has potential but many have expected too much from this guy and I believe didn't deserve to be named the #1 WR for Miami his 2nd year.. He may be the most overrated player on Miami In My Opinion..
Adewale Ogunleye.. I believe this guy is a product of JAson Taylor superb talent of getting to the QB and forcing him to move around and at times into the hands of Ogunleye.. Isn't consistent in applying pressure and shows up when the entire defense is dominating doesn't show up when things go bad..

Most Underrated:
James McKnight.. I feel for this cat.. 2 plays have ruined his Miami career and fans won't really care if he leaves even though he's been the most consistent WR the last 2 years.. I really feel that he will use every chance he has to be on the field and make something out of it.. Vastly underrated and replaced quickly by Chambers in order to have him blossom..
Todd Perry, Mark Dixon, Tim Ruddy, Todd Wade.. These guys helped Ricky rush for 1,853 yards and none were sent to the Pro Bowl. I didn't put Jamie Nails on here because many feel he is the only reason Miami's run game blossomed, so he's correctly rated.. These 4 guys are scrappers and just get the job done.. Wade volunteered to play LT, Mark Dixon said he'd play anywhere to help the team and Ruddy received a pay cut in order to better the team.. VASTLY underrated are these guys right here..

Other than these guys, I believe the rest are fairly rated.. Fiedler didn't step up when WR's were wide open in big games and he deserves the criticism he gets.. Madison is a superb CB who had a bad year and now some want him traded because "He's declined" becase of one year even though he's played at such a high level for so long in a very CB unfriendly type defenses.. CB's have the most resposibility on the defenses to play man to man and for MAdison to have one bad year is normal.. Makes no sense to bag on the guy.. Seau deserves his rating, he's a bull and works hard, has declined a little because of age but every offense respects him.. and thats about all I have to say..

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Moore..... This guy hasn't played a single down yet!?!?
Yes more info has come to light that should allow us all to hope for the best but come on.... what do you base Eddie Moore being underrated on???

This is about going into the season. Moore is underrated by fans, I said. Many fans hate him because of the fact that he is wearing a Fins uni rather than the fan favorite, Kelley Washington or even Boldin or Calico.

Still though, the topic starter said "no rookies allowed". :)

Underrated: Larry Chester, he is a beast and a very good run stopper, but he doesn't even get nearly as much credit as Bowens does.

Overrated: Adewale Ogunleye, if he didn't have Taylor on the other side, he wouldn't be that good.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Overrated:our defensive scheme(coaching)

I partially agree with this, This statement is definetly true but it may not be the players fault. IMO, the coaching staff is responsible for most of these break downs. Maybe the whole defensive scheme or maybe just a few key formations here or there. Statistically they're always solid but they must come up with more big plays. Maybe teams just have our D figured out by the end of the game or end of the year but our staff must find a way to fix this . Possibly by switching things up a little more and not be so predictable. We definetly have the talent to be the best D in the league so hopefully we will put together the whole package this year.

Underrated:Fiedler, Timbo

I agree 100% with your additional comments on the D. Dead on. We do need to mix things up and teams do figure us out b/c we play such a basic defense. I think at the beginning of the year, most teams are not showing a lot on O or D as they are trying to establish an identity. We are able to hang with anyone in that situation. But, the coaches do need to show some Belichick or Cowher like imagination - just to cross up teams late in the year. Or, maybe some more aggressiveness ala TB.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
Overrated
-Sam Madison - I still think he's a top 5 CB, but just admit to the fact that he IS overrated.
-Junior Seau - Miami fans think he's somehow the savior of the offseason and think he's on his way to the Pro Bowl. He HAS lost a step, still is good but yall on here DO overrate him.

Underrated
-Derrius Thompson - People don't realize how good this signing was. They almost forgot about him until camp. He has the ability to be a stud.
-Eddie Moore - He wasn't as bad of a pick than people thought. Were there better players left? Yes, but he was solid. Just the fact that he ain't who people wanted, will start him off with a not-so-good rap with the Miami fans.

Just a comment on Seau. I think the national media (ESPN is all there is these days) has Seau underrated. Most are basing it on his play in the 2nd half of last season - when he had a high ankle sprain. The year Zach had that, he was a non-factor the last six games. Seau noted that he basically played on one ankle last year. However, in September, when he was healthy, he was named defensive player of the month. So, he still has it, when healthy.

The biggest concern I would have is his ability to remain healthy (as players age, they tend to have slower recovery). But, if he does remain relatively injury free - I think he'll be fine - IF we utilize his skills effectively - which is a question of an entirely different animal.

Back
Top Bottom