Who needs to win to keep the Jets out of the playoffs?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who needs to win to keep the Jets out of the playoffs??

Nah Not crying. I will be congratulatory cause the Dolphins did not win when they should have.

Actually the Jets dont control their own destiny...

If Houston wins and Broncos lose...even if the Jets win they dont get in.

I think Cincy plays their starters and wins anyhow...

Marvin Lewis said he learned something from the Giants a few years ago that you should play your way in no matter what

Why wouldn't Cincy play their starters and try to win. There is still a slight advantage to having the 3rd seed vs the 4th and the Bengals can still get the 3rd seed.

Marvin Lewis said he learned something from the Giants a few years ago that you should play your way in no matter what

Absolutely not true, if the Jets win no matter what they are in. They are the 5th seed as of right now and it will be that if they win next week. IDK where you got that from but that is not the case. It is a win and your in situation.

Why wouldn't Cincy play their starters and try to win. There is still a slight advantage to having the 3rd seed vs the 4th and the Bengals can still get the 3rd seed.

IDK because if you play your starters and lose to the Jets you play them the following week and the Jets already showed they can beat their starters. If you play it like a preseason game then you play the Jets the following week and you have the advantage because you didn't show the Jets the real game plan and you know how the Jets will play against you.

Plus the Bengals have some banged up players, they may not want to be risking any further injury especially when they don't have a buy. They will start their players for the first half but like the Colts today they may take them out later in the game.

You should do your research before you post.

IDK because if you play your starters and lose to the Jets you play them the following week and the Jets already showed they can beat their starters. If you play it like a preseason game then you play the Jets the following week and you have the advantage because you didn't show the Jets the real game plan and you know how the Jets will play against you.

Plus the Bengals have some banged up players, they may not want to be risking any further injury especially when they don't have a buy. They will start their players for the first half but like the Colts today they may take them out later in the game.

Yeah but if they play their starters they will most likely beat the Jets and would not be facing them in the playoffs because the Jets would be out.

If they win and the Patriots lose the Bengals get the 3rd seed. If they win their first two playoff games and the Patriots win theirs, the Bengals would host the Patriots in the Championship game.

The Bengals will play to win the game for 4 quarters unlike the Colts.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

That's great but I'd rather make the playoffs.

if they do make the playoffs it will be because two other teams not playing starters and pulling guys after the first half. in the end Rex will still be crying.

The excuses are starting already. All you guys had to do was win either last week or this week and you'd be in the same position.

Both of our teams have had good years and are about where I expected them to be. I expected you guys to be around 7-8 wins and us around 6-7. You guys had fun taunting us a few months ago and I'm sure many jet fans will have fun taunting you IF we win next week which is still a big if.

Yeah but if they play their starters they will most likely beat the Jets and would not be facing them in the playoffs because the Jets would be out.

If they win and the Patriots lose the Bengals get the 3rd seed. If they win their first two playoff games and the Patriots win theirs, the Bengals would host the Patriots in the Championship game.

The Bengals will play to win the game for 4 quarters unlike the Colts.

I don't think you can say they will most likely win if they play their starters, this team hasn't been playing their best football lately. They almost lost to the Chiefs, the Jets are better than them. The Jets will be at home and the stadium will be crazy because its a win and your in, the Jets players will be pumped and be playing for everything when the Bengals play for nothing.

Plus I don't see why the Bengals would want to give the Jets their game plan since they could play the Jets the next week.

Yeah all the Fins had to do was WIN out but they showed they werent able to do that.

It is a kick to the gut though to watch the Colts hand the Jets a win though. And it looks like Cincy will do the same. UGH

Since the Jets/Bengals game is in primetime....New England has to lose, I believe, to give the Bengals "something to play for", otherwise we'll most likely be treated to New Jersey vs. another teams' practice squad!

Well, you watched us last year, not that it matters. Miami doesn't deserve the playoffs at all. We might as well have not showed up in the first half the past 2 weeks. The Jets do not deserve a playoff spot either IMO. It blows my mind that they are even still in contention. Unfortunately for the Jet's fanbase, Sanchez will blow it at some point. Whether it be next week, or in the super bowl, he'll blow it. That's not even being a Miami homer. You can't honestly say if Sanchez was in a situation where he HAD to lead the Jets down field for a TD in a playoff game, that he would do it. I'd put $50 down that he couldn't.

I agree with you 100%. He is more of a liability than anything else. We win inspite of him not because of him.

The Phins were in last year when the Jets weren't. If it so happens to be that the Jets get in with a 9-7 record over the Phins, so what? You give them their due and move on.

The sad irony here is that some of our own fans actually wished for this to happen to preserve the undefeated season. I hope that gives you comfort while we're swatting away trolls all off-season lol.

Back
Top Bottom