Votes: 1 2.0%
  • J.R Tolver

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Snoop Minnis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Umm Smith started out of injury and did pretty well, but to say you want a third round pick to start at any position pretty much other than FB or G on offense is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Jaj
Umm Smith started out of injury and did pretty well, but to say you want a third round pick to start at any position pretty much other than FB or G on offense is ridiculous.

how bout a TE in the 4th round to start ;)

Forgot about that. That was out of injury too interestingly enough.

Point is unless he is a first rounder on a team with no other good #2, you can't start the rookie. If we get Clayton or Jenkins they will start though, but a third rounder?

Originally posted by Jaj
Forgot about that. That was out of injury too interestingly enough.

Point is unless he is a first rounder on a team with no other good #2, you can't start the rookie. If we get Clayton or Jenkins they will start though, but a third rounder?

typically I'm inclined to agree. Depending on the position (QB, LB, CB being the main exceptions) your looking for a starter that season in the first 2-3 rounds. 3rd round usually translates into a really good looking project that has a better chacne of workign out than failing IMO. I think you can find possilble starters in the first 3 rounds, but with a low 3rd rounder like we have this year, the chances of finding a starter for this year are slim and non. I'm all for taking a project, butthen again we already have 2 projects that should be spending time in NFL Europe this off season. Hopefuly they pan out, if we get 2 firsts, I'll be happy with Rivers, and Clayton, but I can't blame them for going after a OL in the first, and picking up WR in the 3rd. Remember that the WR batch is very deep this year, we'll have a better chance of snaging a starter low this year than other years, but it's not something I'm willing to bet on.

Jason Taylor 3rd round rookie starter. Zach Thomas 5th round rookie starter. Wade Smith 3rd round rookie starter. Randy McMichael 4th round rookie starter. Todd Wade...shall I go on?

Originally posted by dolfan87
Jason Taylor 3rd round rookie starter. Zach Thomas 5th round rookie starter. Wade Smith 3rd round rookie starter. Randy McMichael 4th round rookie starter. Todd Wade...shall I go on?

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom