Who should be the starting QB In your opinion? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who should be the starting QB In your opinion?

Who should be the starter?

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Ray Lucas

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by dolphinators13
The only reason Jay will be the Qb this year is because Wanny loves him. The Jay and Dave era will be done after this year, if we dont get past the 1st round. But Jay will be done after this year
be careful what you wish for... this year may be our last chance - let us not forget the RW trade and the DG hit ag. next year cap and ..... The Jay and Dave era will be remembered as the one that brought a SB appearance back to the Fins or we may be waiting for a while

I say Jay... for now anyway...give him a chance to get in the rhythm of the offense... Lucas has had that chance, Jay hasn't. We don't need a QB controversy now... but if Jay can't pull it together by season opener... something has to be done...

Jay jay jay jay jay jay jay jay jay, you guys kill me, when detroit beats us, then we have a major problem, until then we are just learning and going through growin pains

PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are still 0-0 for the regular season

Chambers made Jay look a lot better than he really is last year with spectacular playmaking. Fiedler got away with just throwing up jump balls. Lucas looks better every time you see him.

No doubt, Jay.

For all of his faults he is still 22-10 as the starter and just because he's having a poor preseason after having hip surgery and missing most of the reps. in practice, he deserves a shot to pull it together.

As far as DW starting him just because he "loves" Jay is ridiculous, WHY would anyone in there right mind risk their job and reputation as a professional head coach by playing a guy just because you like him.
Dave and Norv will play the best QB they have reguardless of who it is inorder to save their own asses and future as professionals.
I love my friends but that dosen't mean I'd hire them to work for me based purely on friendship, hell I'D lose my job! :lol:

You do know?

... in those 9 games the Tuna had to dumb down the offense so good ole Ray Lucas could run it right? There are 2 reasons why Ray Lucas has looked so good this pre-season compared to last years pre-season. God knows he looked horrible against those same 2nd and 3rd string scrubs.

#1 he is running an offense that has no game plan, which means it's basically at a high school level. Ray is a react type of QB, he does well when he using his natural abilities. Once you enter thinking into the equation with Ray he can't perform. He can’t handle making reads and knowing where his WR’s are going to be.

#2 he is doing all this against 2nd and 3rd string scrubs. I don't think I need to explain why this would help any player look better than what they actually are.

Jay Fiedler has earned the starting position, and the Dolphins would be fools to even consider replacing him just because of a meaningless pre-season game that was at the tail end of 2 games in 4 days.

My vote is for Jay Fiedler, 22-10 baby over the last 2-years. You don't bench what is working.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Ray Lucas numbers in 1999 as a Jet.

TD's = 14
INT's= 6
Yards= 1678
QB Rating= 85.1 ( I dont think Qb rating matters, but others do)

GAMES STARTED 9!!!!

I'm not going to get into it again, but Jay has proven over the last 2 seasons why he is and should be the starter. Someone mentioned earlier that Chambers made Jay look better than he really is. That may or may not be true, but a lot of people overlook one important fact. Norv Turner has said himself that Jay will do fine, even excel in his system. If the offensive genious Norv Turner is confident in Jay, as well as the rest of the front office, then I don't see how any of you all can have your doubts. The fact is, we could have Peyton Manning back there and you all will still b*tch and moan about him because he isn't wearing 13. Time to face reality boys, Marino is retired. Instead of finding reasons why Jay sucks so bad, look at the things he does well. You will be amazed......

Jay's proven he's a winner (22-10)

...so there's no QB controversy, in spite of what Fiedler haters might think. If the guy fails to recover from his injury and be sharp enough by Sept 8th Lucas may start but only cos that's the backup's job.

Back
Top Bottom