Who thinks Ricky is a liar? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks Ricky is a liar?

I hope he ends up on another team, especially one that we play. How great would it be? Ricky takes the handoff, makes a dash for the whole and gets his a$$ shattered on a thunderous hit from Zach, Knight or Bua? That, my friends, is payback :evil:

inFINSible wrote,
Ricky is a liar and a fraud and anything he says should be regarded with scepticism and contempt. Him saying he wants to play for Norv and the Raiders is nothing more than attempt to twist the knife in the Dolphins' side and pour gasoline on the fans' fire.

Ignore him until next year and then sell his @ss to the highest bidder. Case closed.
Someone jumped all over me the other day saying they bet I was thrilled when Ricky went to the Fins. There's at least one person here who knows better b/c we were both on another board at the time and I welcomed Ricky to "my" team with guarded enthusiasm, b/c of what I knew about him when he played in Texas (with a QB from Baton Rouge, my home town, whose high school coach is my brother-in-law) and for New Orleans (right down the road from BR) and at both stops in his career he pulled similar things... Of course at Texas, as in some many colleges, he got away with a LOT and I do mean a lot as long as he played well. What you wrote, as far as I am concerned is EXACTLY RIGHT! Like someone else said, good riddance. Ricky wants his way when he wants it and how he wants it. What a big ole baby. Stick his marijuana pacifier in his mouth and ship 'im out!

The one good thing about trading him for a #1 would be that it allows us to turn the whole thing into a more or less fair deal. We traded 2 #1s for Williams in the first place. We'd get one #1 back from the Raiders. So, on net, we'd trade a #1 pick for a guy who ran for 3100+ yards in 2 seasons. Not totally unreasonable.

But I also see the "screw him, let him smoke up and get out of shape from eating Twinkies by the thousand over the next three years, thus destroying his NFL career" point of view.

Tough call, to be honest. Sometimes you need to set an example, and this may be one of those times. But a #1 pick would help a lot. I dunno, I'm torn.

Great post Infins! :)

A few interesting quotes I drudged up when Ricky was caught back in May:

"According to NFL documents seen by The Post, Ostrow filed arguments with the league titled "NFL vs. Player #909965J." In it, Ostrow (William's attorney) questions the integrity of the league's drug-testing system."

Notice that Williams never denied smoking pot here....he tried to find a way to get around the system through a loophole.

"Ricky was just weeks away from getting off the intervention program," one of the sources said. "Officially, he would have been off intervention on Super Bowl Sunday."

At the time I thought he was busted for casual usage. However the above quote tells me that he is a heavy user. He flunked the second one in December....just before he was about to get off 2 years worth of intervention??!!

Ta hell with Ricky!!

I think this should give some apologists who were saying "the timing was bad, but Ricky had the right to leave" pause.

The Raiders is a place you go Before you retire not after.

I am not a Phins fan but this Ricky crap even pisses me off how he screwed the Dolphins. That guy is not right in the head.

Ricky Williams is a sociopath, plain and simple. He's got a very bad chemical inbalance and is a waste of oxygen. That is all.

I think when Ricky was complaining about overuse he was talking mainly about last season (i.e. the 40 carry game). That said I think Ricky is a headcase and if I were an NFL GM I wouldnt touch him with a 10 ft pole. Another thing thats BS is all this "in oakland they will accept me" crap. First of all Ricky was accepted in Miami. When he was running for 1800 yards nobody was talking about his social anxiety disorder. I mean look at the two places where he has played Miami and New Orleans I dont think of those as places full of strait-laced people who would accept him. I think Ricky is finally starting to see what he has given up and is trying to find a way back in and he knows it cant be with the dolphins and most other teams.

GMP-AGAIN said:
inFINSible wrote,
Someone jumped all over me the other day saying they bet I was thrilled when Ricky went to the Fins. There's at least one person here who knows better b/c we were both on another board at the time and I welcomed Ricky to "my" team with guarded enthusiasm, b/c of what I knew about him when he played in Texas (with a QB from Baton Rouge, my home town, whose high school coach is my brother-in-law) and for New Orleans (right down the road from BR) and at both stops in his career he pulled similar things... Of course at Texas, as in some many colleges, he got away with a LOT and I do mean a lot as long as he played well. What you wrote, as far as I am concerned is EXACTLY RIGHT! Like someone else said, good riddance. Ricky wants his way when he wants it and how he wants it. What a big ole baby. Stick his marijuana pacifier in his mouth and ship 'im out!
Can you tell us what he got away with?

VJ1252 said:
Another thing thats BS is all this "in oakland they will accept me" crap. First of all Ricky was accepted in Miami. When he was running for 1800 yards nobody was talking about his social anxiety disorder.

I agree. Ricky beat his disorder in Miami and his popularity increased while he was in Miami. Hell, he even went on Oprah to discuss it!

I hope she is able to drag him back onto her show and unleash Dr. Phil on his arse!

Section126 said:
That is crap.......How could we live with ourselves?

Ricky screws us....and we accomadate him?

I don't think so....we must screw him.

I agree. We must.

inFINSible said:
I don't mean to bring this idiot up again but, he's gone and stuck his head out of the smoke again, this time to tell the world that he wants to be a Raider in 2005.

Even after all his declarations of feedom and what he said about his body being abused, he all of a sudden wants to play again. And not just for any team, he wants to play for the Raiders, who just so happen to employ Norv Turner as their headcoach. Yes, the same norv Turner who called the plays that Ricky claimed he'd had enough of.

Okay so maybe the dipsh*t, had second thoughts about how long his fortune would last if he wasn't toting the rock for a living. Can't fault him for that, you could even call it a moment of clarity in his bizarre state of mind. Yet, there is still contradiction in his desire to play with the undesirables.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but, the Oakland Raiders do play in the NFL right? And the NFL has said that Ricky is going to pay a million and half dollars before he plays again along with a 4 game suspension along with a substance abuse program that says he will be tested up to 10 times a month.

Doesn't sound like "freedom" is going to be had in this new "want" that Ricky has. And I'm pretty sure that Norv 's middle name is not "The Truth", so unless Carl Williams is on the coaching staff with the Raiders, I think Ricky is a liar.

I think he's saying something so incredibly stupid and out of left (pot) field, just to aggravate and stick it to the Dolphins and their fans, for the poor treatment he's gotten since annoucing his decision to quit.

Before you say, "What poor treatment?", remember who we're talking about here. Mr. Me Me Me.

I find it completely believable that, in his own mind, he has turned himself into a victim from all the backlash. He probably thinks that he was right, and we didn't love him for anything more than getting a first down on 3rd and 1. He probably used the death threats and harassment of his charity orginization by the least common denominator of Dolphins fans, as fuel for his poor-me attitude, and this is his way hurt back.

As if he didn't hurt us enough.

Ricky is a liar and a fraud and anything he says should be regarded with scepticism and contempt. Him saying he wants to play for Norv and the Raiders is nothing more than attempt to twist the knife in the Dolphins' side and pour gasoline on the fans' fire.

Ignore him until next year and then sell his @ss to the highest bidder. Case closed.

Basically I think that Ricky has been playing football without ANY padding inside his helmet since day one !!!!

As pissed off and distraught I was when I first heard that he was retiring,, I am thankful and overjoyed :yes: that this "twizzle stick" is no longer on the Dolphins roster !!

Williams needs some reputable SHRINK help... And he will get absolutely NO sympathy from ME ....

:D

Marino1983

Phin-o-rama said:
is there any way that we can hold ricky's rights and not allow him to play?? if we can that's what i would do. no love for ricky

BINGO.

i say hold his rights and don't let him play anywhere. he will STAY RETIRED!

bah-stahd!

-tex

GIVE ME AN L-I-A-R WHATS THAT SPELL?.........PIECE OF ****!!!!! I hope he goes to Oakland and we get to playthem. I think Zach would like a piece of him.

Back
Top Bottom