Who thinks we go worst to first? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks we go worst to first?

In what? The league or division? A lot would have to fall our way just to get to first in the division. In the league I would say no.

I'll have to see the Patriots not win the division for a bit before I believe any of these other three teams can overtake them. I forget what it's like when that happens quite honestly. In three years maybe we'll have a roster capable of it. Until then.....patience!

I think have another year before we are in playoff contention.... While I would be delighted to take home the AFC East title I'm definitely not expecting it. Genuinely I'm expecting a little more of the same from this past season. 6-8 wins would be just fine with me. Build the lines, groom the QB, development at all positions plus another FA period and draft in 2021. Then the expectations go further north....

From Bleacher report not that I agree with it

Imagine that same team with high-trajectory free-agent safety Anthony Harris leading the secondary and a promising pass-rusher like Shaq Lawson running the pass rush. And they already have star Xavien Howard, along with recent first-round picks Christian Wilkins and Charles Harris, on that side of the ball.

The Dolphins can afford Anderson, Conklin, Anthony Harris and Lawson. They can easily land one of the top quarterbacks, one of the top offensive linemen and one of the top defensive players in the draft. And they'd still have money and picks left over to add depth.

With that in mind, you'd have to give them better worst-to-first chances than the Cincinnati Bengals (dealing with a much tougher division), Jacksonville Jaguars (cap-poor and trimming fat), Los Angeles Chargers (dealing with the defending champions), Washington Redskins (way less capital), Detroit Lions (also in a stronger division), Carolina Panthers (basically entering a rebuild after an exodus) and Arizona Cardinals (might be in the best division in football).

And all those 2019 last-place finishers have less money to spend and fewer premium draft picks than the Dolphins.

This Miami team appeared to be tanking so hard last summer that the natural assumption was that it would take several seasons to complete its rebuild. And while that process will undoubtedly continue, quick turnarounds are commonplace in this league.

The Los Angeles Rams jumped from 4-12 in 2016 to 11-5 in 2017, the Chicago Bears leaped from 5-11 in 2017 to 12-4 in 2018, and the San Francisco 49ers rocketed from 4-12 in 2018 to 13-3 in 2019.

As wild as it sounds, the Dolphins could be that team in 2020.

@Fin-Loco sent the link to the article to me but it will not post here

Just google Bleacher report worst to first for the whole article

The last 8 weeks of last season’s team + a solid running game + a pass rush would make a world of difference, but ..... no.

First what ? in the race for 3rd in the AFC east? Behind the Pats and a very good Bills team

I’m not expecting it but I’ll place a bet on it since the odds should be pretty high.

Back
Top Bottom