Who thinks we go worst to first? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks we go worst to first?

I can see 5-11 again all the way up to 11-5...all based around the wonderful word "depends".

I can see 5-11 again all the way up to 11-5...all based around the wonderful word "depends".
Yeah they're going to be a flawed team for sure, but if they focus on scoring points this off-season, a good offense/bad defense team can still win alot of games.... and get crushed in the playoffs but still.

I won't care much about our record but I'd like to see that we got some real good talent on the team and that at least the offense is getting fixed. We could have the same record as last year and still be a better team. 2021 is the real target to make a run if we have a great off season this year and next.

The Bills are a pretty simple task on the surface. If you can stop the run against them, they're not that difficult to beat. In 5 of their 6 regular season losses last year, the Bills were held to 100 yards or fewer on the ground. (Okay, in one of them they had 104 yards rushing. So sue me.)

If you force them to make Josh Allen beat you with his arm, more often than not, he's going to fail.

To answer the OP's original question, I find a worst-to first turnaround improbable.

However, I am of the opinion that by the beginning of December, there will be rumblings of "Nobody else in the AFC wants the Dolphins to make the playoffs, because they're playing some really good football right now."

I wouldn't bank against it.

Normally we beat the pats once every year WITH Brady.

If Brady leaves we might be able to do it twice.

Based on what Flores was able to do last season I feel good about him doing better with better players and more familiarity with the existing players to his way of doing things.

Not to mention it won't be his rookie year as a head coach anymore.

Conversely, there is always that sophomore jinx thing.

Keeping Fitz was to me a good sign. Saban really blew it his second year by switching QB after a successful first year here with Ferrotte.

Stats don't win games, players do

I think if we hit 8-8 we are rolling in the right direction. More than that? Well, not so sure, but one never knows.
Although 5-11 with ONE more year of high picks would be OK. As long as those 11 losses are hard fought and well played and well coached.

Let's see how the draft goes and what free agents they add

If they knock it out of the ball park I could see 9/10 wins and a playoff berth

If not who knows ?

Be in every game...

No blowout loses

Rookies get a little better every week.

Haven't read the foregoing (yet) so I'm sure someone's observed essentially "Not so long as Buffalo is in the division." Maybe the year after when our new QB whomever that will be, grows his sealegs.

Well, is it probable?...Probably not
Are the odds higher it happens?...No
Is there a chance it happen?... Oh Yeah

Miami had very little to work with. Had the least amount of talent in the NFL. Had 1st time coaches in new positions, including HC, yet by the mid-season stretch, the Miami Dolphins was not the team you wanted to play if you were fighting for a playoff spot...Patriots, Eagles, Colts found this out the hard way.

This year there will be more experience on the coaching staff, and the talent could very well be Night and Day.

With one of the highest salary caps (If you consider how many premium players the Cowboys and other teams will have to re-sign compared to Miami, you can say Miami actually has the highest), which will allow Miami to make a lot of quality fixes to their Offense and/or Defense before they even reach the Draft.

If Miami can have at the very least, a good draft (Does not have to be great), Miami will go from one of the least talented teams, to one of the most talented teams within one year.

That could work in Miami's favor to reach the playoffs, and beyond. The Patriots are on the decline, take away Brady, and they are no longer as big a gimme to win the east as they have been years past (Even if declining Brady is there...This is not the same team), The Bills though looking good, especially on defense, they are still not a superior team, and the Jets are still the Jets, coached by Gase.

Miami has a chance, but quite a few things have to work in their favor, either way, 2021 and beyond could see the Dolphins back to their 70s, 80s, 90s glory.

Last edited:
Well, is it probable?...Probably not
Are the odd higher it happens?...No
Is there a chance it happen?... Oh Yeah

Miami had very little to work with. Had the least amount of talent in the NFL. Had 1st time coaches in new position, including HC, yet by the mid-season stretch, the Miami Dolphins was not the team you wanted to play if you were fighting for a playoff spot...Patriots, Eagles, Colts found this out the hard way.

This year there will be more experience on the coaching staff, and the talent could very well be Night and Day.

With one of the highest salary caps (If you consider how many premium players the Cowboys and other teams will have to re-sign compared to Miami, you can say Miami actually has the highest), which will allow Miami to make a lot of quality fixes to their Offense and/or Defense before they even reach the Draft.

If Miami can have at the very least good draft (Does not have to be great), Miami will go from one of the least talented teams, to one of the talented teams within one year.

That could work in Miami's favor to reach the playoffs, and beyond. The Patriots are on the decline, take away Brady, and they are no longer as big a gimme to win the east as they have been years past (Even if declining Brady is there...This is not the same team.). The Bills though looking good, especially on defense, they are still not a superior team, and the Jets are still the Jets, coached by Gase.

Miami has a chance, but quite a few things have to work in their favor, but 2021 and beyond could see the Dolphins back to their 70s. 80s, 90s glory.

I can agree with the bolded. My concerns are
1) Likely 3-4 new OLmen to gel. That's 4-5 games.
2) Maybe half or more of the D will be new. More adjustments to scheme.
3) tougher schedule - on paper

Yeah, coaching will help A LOT. But the 1st 4-5 games (and who those teams are) can't be dismissed

Back
Top Bottom