Who thinks we go worst to first? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks we go worst to first?

The best part of this question will be watching how NE fares without Tom Brady. I don't care if they get Andy Dalton, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston or anyone else in FA or a QB picked from 23 on.....

They don't have a ton of talent to offset the loss. They have nothing at the skill positions and a terrible history drafting them. Yes, they did pretty well in 2008 when Brady hurt his knee but that roster was stacked. They are also losing the best OL coach in the NFL.

They have a ton (12) of picks in the draft but also start at 23 and then don't have another until 87 (then 98, 100, 125, 196, 205 etc).

They also have about 49M in cap space (& 9 or 10 FA starters)

I could see them trading down from 23 and drafting Jake Fromm.

They will be competitive because of Bill but as far as I can tell, this division is up for grabs.

The best part of this question will be watching how NE fares without Tom Brady. I don't care if they get Andy Dalton, Bridgewater, Tannehill, Cam Newton, Jameis Winston or anyone else in FA or a QB picked from 23 on.....

They don't have a ton of talent to offset the loss. They have nothing at the skill positions and a terrible history drafting them. Yes, they did pretty well in 2008 when Brady hurt his knee but that roster was stacked. They are also losing the best OL coach in the NFL.

They have a ton (12) of picks in the draft but also start at 23 and then don't have another until 87 (then 98, 100, 125, 196, 205 etc).

They also have about 49M in cap space (& 9 or 10 FA starters)

I could see them trading down from 23 and drafting Jake Fromm.

They will be competitive because of Bill but as far as I can tell, this division is up for grabs.

If I were to bet, I still think TB stays in NE. The unknown is the $$ and bad blood between TB and BB. I'm likely in a minority, sorry, but TB is NOT the GOAT. He excels in reading Ds and finding mismatches. In THAT, I've seen no one better. That said, TB in NE doesn't scare me as much as it used to, particularly with a poos supporting cast.

But, they're still odds-on to win AFC-E. Miami has too many new faces to get the nod.

To answer the original question, no. We have too many holes to fill. Buffalo is closer to dethroning NE than we are (and will be after the draft).

If I were to bet, I still think TB stays in NE. The unknown is the $$ and bad blood between TB and BB. I'm likely in a minority, sorry, but TB is NOT the GOAT. He excels in reading Ds and finding mismatches. In THAT, I've seen no one better. That said, TB in NE doesn't scare me as much as it used to, particularly with a poos supporting cast.

But, they're still odds-on to win AFC-E. Miami has too many new faces to get the nod.
Reports are that Bill only offered a low-ball 1 year deal when he spoke to TB. I agree he is in decline but what made him great was the clutch factor.

Back
Top Bottom