Who thinks we have a top tier N.F.L. passing attack | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who thinks we have a top tier N.F.L. passing attack

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
Fiedler has managed to make some completions where it counts. That's what counts.

For the first time in a long time, people look at the Dolphins and have to think about stopping the RUN. And running is what wins in the NFL.

My advice to you is STOP worrying whether you have a top tier passing game, because you have a top tier running game!

Bottom line....Ricky runs wild, the Dolphins win. It DOESSN'T matter if Fiedler is the next Dan Marino. The guy completes passes when it matters, so who gives a f****?

You guys are on top of the AFC East and rolling.

Quit your bitching!!!!

Yours truly,
A Bills fan who has a lot less to be optomistic than you.

The bottom line is teams are now working different schemes to stop Ricky, and if there is no respect for Fiedlers passing then he has to make them pay! And he has not!!!! But I won't hang that all on Fiedler. The offensive line needs to give him another second. Then the Wr's will get some seperation!

I could care less about top tier passing!! I just want to be consistent at it!

Before we know it teams will be lining up eleven in the box! :D

Fairbanks, you're wearing rose colored glasses. You're missing my point also which is there will come a day when Fiedlers lack of talent will cost us dearly. It's a BIG problem. Ignore it if you want to, hey man I hope you're right but I know better. Did Jay lead us to the playoffs last year? No he didn't. Make a list of the Quarterbacks that he is better than and be honest. He's in the bottom third and buddy that ain't good. I'm not trying to bum you out, it is a happy day in Dolphinland but this guy scares me.

Originally posted by BSQX4
Fairbanks, you're wearing rose colored glasses. You're missing my point also which is there will come a day when Fiedlers lack of talent will cost us dearly. It's a BIG problem. Ignore it if you want to, hey man I hope you're right but I know better. Did Jay lead us to the playoffs last year? No he didn't. Make a list of the Quarterbacks that he is better than and be honest. He's in the bottom third and buddy that ain't good. I'm not trying to bum you out, it is a happy day in Dolphinland but this guy scares me.

I am not wearing rose colored glasses but what is your point? If Jay would have passed for 5 TD's today would we get credit for two wins? Our D did not score any points today. Our O scored 23. So, he's not a top tier QB, I admit that, but we are not losing games because of Jay Fiedler. If we had the money for a top tier QB we probably wouldn't be able to afford our top tier D. Maybe we could afford another Marino and not have a Ricky Williams.

Ozzy, I'll take consistant. I'd be thrilled with that but right now we're pretty far from that. We're erratic. Tell me you don't get nervous when Jay fades back to pass. I guess I've seen him throw too many picks that wre returned for touchdowns. Eleven in the box might be coming!! By the way I have alot of respect for your opinion, what do you think of Derrius Thompson or the idea of bringing back Orande?

Chambers, I think has the talent to be one of the top WR's in the AFC. I think he's a tier below Moulds and Harrison right now. We just aren't getting him the ball. When we give him the ball, he makes plays. His play is like poetry.

Randy McMichael is one of the best TE's in the AFC. Give him a year or so.

We've got the talent, they are just very young. In a year or so, this squad will be a lot better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't dare blame Chambers. He gets open. He makes catches almost all the time and catches a whole lot of badly thrown balls. He is here but is being severely underused.

Let's just get it over with now and trade 4 of our D stars so we can afford a top tier QB (sarcasm).

Originally posted by BSQX4
Ozzy, I'll take consistant. I'd be thrilled with that but right now we're pretty far from that. We're erratic. Tell me you don't get nervous when Jay fades back to pass. I guess I've seen him throw too many picks that wre returned for touchdowns. Eleven in the box might be coming!! By the way I have alot of respect for your opinion, what do you think of Derrius Thompson or the idea of bringing back Orande?

You know what? I think that even those who defend Jay to the end get a little nervous! But lets take today, yeah Jay was pretty bad, especially in the first half. But man, that offensive line got their butts whooped most of the game! And I don't know why Norv does not make Jay roll out a lot more than he does! Fiedler might be the most accurate Qb on the run in the entire NFL! And were talk one Vick in that catagory! I really do think that Fiedler is the best QB on the roster today! So we live and die with him.

As for Thompson, I was glad to see him get more involved today. I think he will be even better next week, but his routes in a game seem to be 5 thousand times different than in practices! He needs to work harder!!!!

As for OG, I don't think he will be a Dolphin again, not this year anyway. He can't play for them until mid November, and my guess is OG might be on another club by then. But hey I'm all for it if none of the other Wr's have made themselves a solid number two by then.

But I would really like to see the team activate JR Tolver for a game or two, and let him play a few downs a game......

BTW, thanks for the compliment BSQ, I also have lots of respect for your opinion!

I thought we were having an intelligent discussion. Go play with Pamela and Heather unless you have something to ADD to the discourse.

I wonder what it would take to get Tim Couch. He is not Dan, but I really do believe he would be a upgrade over Jay. This is coming from someone who used to get on some of the others here for Jay bashing. I agree Jay does not need to win games but he can not hit a open reciever, and I'm not talking about just the deep ball. The QB for a team with a great D does not need to be great, but he does need to be able to hit a deep ball when you have a guy like CC and the other team puts 8 in the box and dares you to pass. CC can get deep but Norv now knows Jay can't get him the rock. I know no one is gonna give up a great QB but I wonder if our 1st rd pick would be enough to get Couch after Kelly gets back? What does everyone else think?? I know he's not great but he is a upgrade imo.

If you want an example of a QB taking advantage of a tough run D. Then watch SNF. Couch is picking the Steelers apart.

Originally posted by Jaj
Don't dare blame Chambers. He gets open. He makes catches almost all the time and catches a whole lot of badly thrown balls. He is here but is being severely underused.

Hell yeah, how the HELL is it that Chambers finishes with 3 catches, and Jay throws 26 times? You gotta be kiddin' me! They need to give the man the ball. "Oh Miami has Ricky.."

Bullsh*t.

Not only do we have Ricky, but we have Chris Chambers. And we need to stop making him seem like the '2nd option'. Give the man the damn ball ATLEAST 5 times a game and the passing game would reach 'average'.

Ozzy I've been calling for Tolver for weeks, look at my posts and you'll see. I think he's a gamer kind of like Boldin and look at his production. It's funny what you say about his route running because Mandich said the same thing about him. Something like rounding off his routes. That can't help Jay find him downfield especially when he has so little time. Jay seemed to doubleclutch 4 or 5 times today, a couple times it resulted in sacks. Those were situations where he had time and just didn't pull the trigger. I assumed noone was open but with 8 and 9 in the box how could noone be open. By the way, great thought on the rollout idea. I'd like to see more of that, we could even do it off some play-action and yes Jay is accurate on the run. Some of his best moments have been throwing on the run. I'm all for it. At the end of the day Fiedler is our best Q.B. and as I stated earlier Wanny not taking him out. He's hooked his star to Jays wagon. Let's hope it has a great ending.

Were you guys looking at the same OL protection as I was today, our Receivers didn't have a chance to get open before the D was in Jay's face. and he played with happy feet today, which of course led to over throws, inaccurate throws, int. type throws..the O wasn't in rythm this afternoon, they started settling down in the 4th qtr, and Jay had his best throws, but 1st half, jay was aweful....I can't remember when he was this bad, but I hope it had something to do with the layoff, because he need to be way more consistence. That keeps the chains moving and the D off the field.

The rollout idea I've kinda kicked around for awhile, (always easy for us arm chair offensive coordinators to design plays that will work lol)
Plummer has been very good with it this year for the Broncs.

I'm sorry we absolutely have to use our first pick on a WR this year and hae a great young corps for many years.

Picking up a stud O-lineman in FA wouldn't hurt either.

You have to admit you knew the Giants D was gonna show up after how pissed they were to hear about how bad they were for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom