Who wants McDaniel Fired? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wants McDaniel Fired?

Fire The Head Coach

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't want him fired but I want him to have enough self awareness to realize his shortcomings and to do something about them. His mid-game adjustments are pretty much nonexistent and he tries to get cute with the play calling when they only need a yard to retain possession. In a perfect world he would give up the play calling and still do the game planning but I am not sure if he is willing to do that.

I wouldn't fire this guy if he'd call
my mother a wh@re.

I wouldn't fire this guy if he'd call
my mother a wh@re.
200.gif

I love McD and have not soured on him. What I see is a basic failure to stick with the running game. He is also weak in the last 2 minutes of each half imo. I disagree with a lot of the calls late in the first half or right in the last 2 minutes of games. It is usually in short yardage that McD needs some help. We're trying to run out the clock late in the first half. We have 2 minutes. We want to score but not leave the other team any time on the clock. McD is weak here. He'll be calling passes and Tua is throwing incompletions stopping the clock!! Not exactly what Shula would do.

If McD was fired today I could understand it. But my take is that he deserves another year as the Dolphins head coach.

I voted yes but I know he wont be fired.....right now. I have seen enough though to know we will be delaying the inevitable. I have zero faith or trust in him. He could be a good OC somewhere, but I just don't think he's cut out to be a head coach in the NFL. I will go on record now and say he will not be our head coach 3 years from now. He's fun and corky but when it's time to get serious, I can't buy in, and the players can't buy in either. Sometimes a head coach needs to light a fire under players in situations. A leader isn't always likeable in every situation. I would much rather have Mike Vrabel as our head coach.

I voted yes but I know he wont be fired.....right now. I have seen enough though to know we will be delaying the inevitable. I have zero faith or trust in him. He could be a good OC somewhere, but I just don't think he's cut out to be a head coach in the NFL. I will go on record now and say he will not be our head coach 3 years from now. He's fun and corky but when it's time to get serious, I can't buy in, and the players can't buy in either. Sometimes a head coach needs to light a fire under players in situations. A leader isn't always likeable in every situation. I would much rather have Mike Vrabel as our head coach.
If they have another late season collapse next year he better be gone after next season.

I don't want the Dolphins to fire McDaniel, but I do wish we were in position to hire someone like Vrabel or Jim Harbaugh.

Can't have every good coach out there, though. I'm not ready to give up on McDaniel. Who knows how he will go into next season. Maybe he will demonstrate he has learned a lot. That's who we want for a coach: whoever learns from their mistakes.

Seems a bit contradictory ... eh, sport?

Everyone that wants him to stop calling plays. We scored 496 points. 29 ppg. Second in the NFL. First in the AFC. He's not giving up play calling. As he shouldn't.

Lot of emotions in here that don't follow logic.

Seems a bit contradictory ... eh, sport?
It is a little, but that's just the nature of the business. The team generally gives its coaches 4-5 years to sort things out. When the team is actually in need of a new head coach, obviously the candidate pool is different from year to year. I feel like this year's crop of available coaches is better than some other years, but we need to give McDaniel a fair shot. And maybe we don't need to move on from him. That's what I would prefer. However, if he doesn't make some changes I have a feeling the results are going to get him fired. He's made it to the playoffs in his first two seasons, but he's had some of the best talent in the league to do it with. Having a great first season or two didn't save Sparano or Gase, so I don't see why this is different.

Back
Top Bottom