Who was double teamed more? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was double teamed more?

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Another Seahawk fan asked me the following:

"I just looked up Taylor's and Ogunleye's stats for this year and they have similar numbers. I'd be interested in knowing who got the most double teams. Most on the board feel that it was Taylor but if they have similar number,"

I watched the Fins all year, but I didn't study the plays in detail like I do the Seahawks. Was Taylor getting a lot more double teams than Ogun?

Please help. Thanks.

Key

without a doubt it was JT.

i can't count how many times i've seen about to break through only to be chipped by RB.

1-1 Jason Taylor is the BEST DE in the NFL period.

Originally posted by Fisticuff

1-1 Jason Taylor is the BEST DE in the NFL period.
O Gun was not doubled nearly as much, but he was extremely productive rushing the passer and solid defending the run, so I would say he was tied w/JT for the title of best DE in the NFL or at least AFC

very true, if JT wasnt double teamed every damn down hed have had double his sacks and set another franchise record

Disagree. JT was singled up alot more this year. He wasn't doubled every down. Not even close. Last year, yes. This year, not nearly as much. Wally gets the TE on his side way more often than JT. That takes a minimum half-second off his rush. They're two different positions.

Both played like elite DEs. Wally's a strong dude. Have another look at him vs 370-lb Mike Williams. :D He's on the far left here. (#93 vs #68)

Here he is again using an under-arm move on Williams in 2002.

JT was NOT doubles as often as is the perception on this message board. I tape all the games and watch them over and over. JT's lack of production had more to do with the fact that he did not play with the same intensity as he did last than it did any amount of double teaming by defenses.

Yes, he did get chipped now and then by RB's or TE's but it was RARE that they truly lined up two players on him. And, in MOST of those situations had he gone all out like he did last year... he could have stll made it to the QB.

After about the 7-game mark... teams were giving Oguleye JUST as much attention as they did JT. Often lining two guys up directly over him and he STILL was producing.

Ogun is not the complete package at DE that Jason Taylor is, but as far as pure pass-rushing technique and intensity Ogunleye was the better player this year.

man, Mike Williams prob has like a dartboard with Wally's face on it around his house somewhere....i just get the feelin, lol.

Yeah Taylor really wasn't doubled as often as everyone thinks. I remember in the Houston games they showed him one on one with Chester Pitts on many occasions and Jason couldn't have told you what David Carr even looks like.

who's gonna be the first to make the inappropriate sex joke everyones thinking about?

:ladysman:

Back
Top Bottom