Who was double teamed more? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was double teamed more?

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
who's gonna be the first to make the inappropriate sex joke everyones thinking about?

:ladysman:

LoL, I already did, but I thought it was very appropriate. That woman is a double team fiend! :D

Oliver...

I don't know if I would call a chip a double team...

I would dare to say, that for at least 7 games I payed attention to both DE's, JT was not double team as much as he was the first 2 to three games (where no takcles shown in stats).

As the season went on , QBs had a shallower pocket to throw from, and the Tackles just rode JT past the QB on the outside. JT could not bullrush, the tackles just stand him up. Sometimes he would just stand there and let the tackles hold him. The D set up schemes, rush as LB or crossing schemes to get JT free passage to the QB. I would say that half of his sacks came from those schemes...

Now Ogun used his strentgh, where he had most of his sacks and pressures through using his bullrush and speed. I believe he is not more talenteded and skilled at his position than JT, but he has more strenght that gives an edge over JT. Ogun will be better over time than JT, IMO...

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Just curious: what does Mike Williams do for a living?

LOL. I think he's the world's largest matador.

Ogun had his share of double teams.

Put it this way. Through Ogun's first 10 games, he had 9 sacks. Through those same 10 games, Jason Taylor had 3.5 sacks.

Over the next six games, Ogun got more double teams and still had 6 sacks. Jason Taylor over those six games collected 9.5 sacks. The attention Adewale got drew attention away from Jason Taylor and opened him up.

I think those of you who want to get rid of Ogunleye are out of your mind! Miami finally has a great pair of bookend defensive ends, which is a major key for the style of defense they play. Ogunleye is a guy who is only 26 years old as well, and you want to let him go to get a player who is a complete unknown?

Sorry. At some point, you have to make moves with an eye towards the future in mind. Adewale is a guy the Dolphins should keep and build the defense around. By the time this defense has to be broken apart, Ogunleye will be a 28 year old stud defensive end.

Miami will not be able to get an end the caliber of Ogunleye to replace him.

If you make cuts on the defense, you let Marion and Seau go. They are older and not nearly as critical to this defense as Ogunleye is.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Put it this way. Through Ogun's first 10 games, he had 9 sacks. Through those same 10 games, Jason Taylor had 3.5 sacks.

Over the next six games, Ogun got more double teams and still had 6 sacks. Jason Taylor over those six games collected 9.5 sacks. The attention Adewale got drew attention away from Jason Taylor and opened him up.

I think those of you who want to get rid of Ogunleye are out of your mind! Miami finally has a great pair of bookend defensive ends, which is a major key for the style of defense they play. Ogunleye is a guy who is only 26 years old as well, and you want to let him go to get a player who is a complete unknown?

Sorry. At some point, you have to make moves with an eye towards the future in mind. Adewale is a guy the Dolphins should keep and build the defense around. By the time this defense has to be broken apart, Ogunleye will be a 28 year old stud defensive end.

If you make cuts on the defense, you let Marion and Seau go. They are older and not nearly as critical to this defense as Ogunleye is.

Hear hear on Seau. I'd much rather see him over-persue somewhere else.

It really pisses me off when Seau takes himself out of so many plays due to his penchant to freelance.

I've been saying the same thing about ogun all along. I just laugh everytime someone here says that we have Jay williams and Bowens so we'll be fine. Neither of them can do what ogun does by himself. He plays the run and rush the passer as good as anyone can do both of those things. About JT getting double all the time. What a bunch of crap. Pitts man handled him all by himself and so did Teri Glen and a few others. He's a good player but he was not double on every down or even in every game like some blind people here are saying.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Muck

LOL. I think he's the world's largest matador.

He may be the largest... but he isn't the best.

Wade Smith

Sorry back at ya! :D

There's a big difference between cutting Seau and Marion with no one to back up the spots, getting ZERO in return, and paying Wale $7 M.

With Ogunleye, it would be his signing a RFA deal that would bring in a 1st and a 3rd round pick - which would help shore up the offense.

Yes, it would be a sacrifice. But, he still benefited from Taylor's presence, and we have very good players backing him up.

When you have depth at a position, you need to be able and willing to sacrifice a player there to shore up the areas where you are terrible - such as OL or WR or QB.

We could bring in the two biggest DT studs in the league to go with Taylor and Ogunleye and our record wouldn't change one bit. I would gladly accept the same defense, less Ogunleye - with Bowens and Williams in his place - if we had a much better OL and WR corps next year.

I watched the Taylor/Ogun play very closely as well and there is another factor that doesn't play into double teams - that is that teams moved the pocket in such a way as to take away JT's pass rush strength (the speed rush on the outside) - at times shifting the QB more to the right and with shorter drops. What that does is play right into Ogunleye. It's a combination they had to live with b/c of what JT did the year before.

This stuff about JT not playing as hard? When you have the guts to say that to his face - then say that. He'll work to improve this year, but I think he worked very hard, he was just frustrated by how teams approached him - but the guy had 13+ sacks and coming off an 18.5 sack season - that is very difficult to back that up. When you look at the great sack artists - LT, Reggie White, Strahan - RARELY did they put together back to back seasons that were more productive.

As far as the overall comparisons - JT is as good a run defending DE as there is - despite his size. He does an excellent job of stopping the outside run and his quickness allows him to go around the LT and get to the RB quite often on runs up the middle.

This is to take nothing away from Ogunleye. He is an excellent DE. But, that is an area of good depth for us and there is a chance we can get a couple of good drafts pick for him. That's a situation different from all the other players. it will depend on what we think we can get out of the draft, if he signs an offer sheet. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Originally posted by FinFan4Life814
man, Mike Williams prob has like a dartboard with Wally's face on it around his house somewhere....i just get the feelin, lol.

Told ya Mike Williams was a bust!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Listen up. Ogun is a stud. i dont care if he goes or stays as long as we get the picks for him. I would rather he stayed in the end. the dude gets double teamed and he beats it anyways.

JT may have gotten more double teams than Ogun in the first half of the season, but teams started to pay more attention to him as time went on cus the kid is a.............i already said it..... a stud.

You can believe whatever you want to believe. I believe Adewale Ogunleye is the real deal. You can only look and see for yourself with film. Muck keeps putting up diff looks and that is only a smiggin of what he has done the past two years. He is REggie White IMO except he didnt get the early start and had to overcome obstacles like Injury.

Back
Top Bottom