Who was our WORST draft pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our WORST draft pick?

Dubfire said:
How can a guy who couldnt even beat out Chris Rix at FSU be considered such a hot commodity? :shakeno:
Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. If he's such a can't miss kid, why did he last that long? Does he have upside? Yes. Are there more question marks than upside? Of course.

Dawg. RIX was the one that got benched. McPherson beat out Rix as a freshman.

I'm not going to back off. The worst pick was Ronnie Brown. Cadillac Williams has been better and will be better. I just reviewed my 3 saved Auburn tapes again. One guy can elude and one can't. If we were going down in class that would be one thing. Even a Ronnie Brown can juke high schoolers. Going up in class it will only get worse. It's high hilarity some analysts were projecting Mike Williams as nothing but a short yardage receiver in the NFL due to the speed of the pro game, then they conveniently forget to apply the same principle in regard to running backs who lack elusiveness. NFLers will wait for the move and then level him when it doesn't come. I'm not saying he will bust. Brown will be very good. Caddy will be great.

i like all of the picks, as i think they will all contribute this season, and for seasons to come. vickerson is pretty green, but he was a 7th rounder, so he's a project. i can't complain

who needs to elude when you can run over?...dont forget, he was competing against college players not 11 year NFL vets

Awsi Dooger said:
I'm not going to back off. The worst pick was Ronnie Brown. Cadillac Williams has been better and will be better. I just reviewed my 3 saved Auburn tapes again. One guy can elude and one can't. If we were going down in class that would be one thing. Even a Ronnie Brown can juke high schoolers. Going up in class it will only get worse. It's high hilarity some analysts were projecting Mike Williams as nothing but a short yardage receiver in the NFL due to the speed of the pro game, then they conveniently forget to apply the same principle in regard to running backs who lack elusiveness. NFLers will wait for the move and then level him when it doesn't come. I'm not saying he will bust. Brown will be very good. Caddy will be great.

I would just believe people who watched more tapes, knows a lot more than you and actually coached against him

Awsi Dooger said:

Hey bro, I actually wanted Caddy over Ronnie too. But i gotta say that he is still a really good pick up and really could be the best RB in the draft.

But to everyone else who replied. I wasnt asking your opinion on my post i was asking who you guys thought was our worst pick. You can still like em all i am just asking which one you guys might have questioned the most?

Awsi Dooger said:

Dude, careful, last time I spoke down on Ronnie it started WWIII, haha. I STILL would have prefered Benson then Caddy over Brown, but the fact is Brown his a Dolphin now, he's the guy who we took wether we like it or not. I'm fine with it, I will support him, cuz I think he is a great player, and wether I, or you or anyone else, think Benson woulda been better, or Caddy woulda been better doesn't even matter now, it doesn't change the fact that Ronnie is a Miami Dolphin. I was kinda heartbroken at first when it was his name called, but then I figured, hey, he may not be who I WANTED, but he is definately gonna help us, so I'll support him. Hell, I HAVE to support him, our future is pretty much on him for the time being, lol. I would much rather we took HIM if we were to pass on Benson and Caddy than say Braylon or Alex Smith if he dropped. I guess what I'm trying to say is If we WEREN'T going to take Benson or Caddy then Brown is who I wanted us to take, and we did, so I'm happy

nah if you dont like brown you should speak out about it. that's like saying "bush is our president, so there's no reason to complain, even if you don't like him, becuase he's our president!"; brown is a dolphin, obviously, but you dont have to like it

Awsi Dooger said:

caddy is a good back but i think he will have some injury problems. For what we are going to do here ronnie brown is the man. remember we will have ricky back also. Ronnie is going to be awesome catching the ball and causing missmatches. There is so many options we will now have with brown. The ricky and ronnie one two punch is going to be unstopable.

kastofsna120 said:
nah if you dont like brown you should speak out about it. that's like saying "bush is our president, so there's no reason to complain, even if you don't like him, becuase he's our president!"; brown is a dolphin, obviously, but you dont have to like it

Oh man, SCREW BUSH, lol, and I DO NOT support that jackass, nor accept it, lol. I LIKE Brown, lol, I just like Benson and Caddy BETTER, haha. I'm not dissappointed at all that he is a Dolphin, unless you coun't being dissappointed that its him instead of Benson or Caddy. He was the guy I wanted if we didn't take one of the other two, and we didn't, and we got him, so I'm happy. My only complaint about Brown being a Dolphin is that he isn't Benson or Caddy, other than that, I see good things in our future

HelloMotto said:
caddy is a good back but i think he will have some injury problems. For what we are going to do here ronnie brown is the man. remember we will have ricky back also. Ronnie is going to be awesome catching the ball and causing missmatches. There is so many options we will now have with brown. The ricky and ronnie one two punch is going to be unstopable.

Wait, do we OFFICIALLY have Ricky back, AS a Dolphin and PLAYING this year? I haven't been near a computer all weekend, and the only TV I have seen is the draft coverage, and I didn't see anything about Ricky in that. Last I knew it was a "possibility", did somethign happen over the weekend, if so, can someone fill me in on the details? Thanks

WvFinFan said:
I 100% say that 4th round Travis Daniels was our worst draft pick of the draft. To me it almost ruined our draft. I can't believe we passed on Adrian Mcpherson with that pick. I think he will be somethin and in the 4th it would have been a good gamble. Alabi sounds like he could be good but i am not sure if you guys noticed that we left Wesley Britt on the board and he was taken two picks later. I think he is much better than Alabi and might have been a better pick. But i will give Houck the nod on that one.

I agree about Daniels. I also would've loved to pick McPherson but I can't be happier with most of the picks. Since we couldn't trade out, Ronnie Brown was the biggest value for the phins at #2. Roth is a terror. This guys motor never stops, not even on the sidelines. He will be a physical force. Crowder is an absolute great pick. What a steal. IMO, he was the best ilb in the whole draft. I was shocked to see us pick Daniels. There were so many better players available. I have no idea who Alabi is so i'm going to give Saban and Houck the benefit of the doubt. Same for Vickerson. I am a bit dissapointed that we didn't draft a qb. Frye, Walter, McPherson, or Orton would've put a smile on my face. Overall, Saban did an exellent job in his first draft.

What i don't understand is how can you say who is the worst pick when they have not played a game for miami yet. How about you make a thread like this next year about these players. then we can argue.:yell:

Has a 5th Rounder MCPherson will have a hard time to be considered a bust.

Daniels was taken a bit high, But at least Saban knows what he is getting. Maybe he has seen the kid progess alot over the years.

Back
Top Bottom