Who was our WORST draft pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our WORST draft pick?

My least favorite pick was AJ Feely whom we gave up the #35 pick for. We should have given up no better then a fourth rounder for him.

That #35 pick would have been Corey Webster CB (2 time all-american) and that 4th rounder should have been given to Philly.

Finz Fury said:
I agree about Daniels. I also would've loved to pick McPherson but I can't be happier with most of the picks. Since we couldn't trade out, Ronnie Brown was the biggest value for the phins at #2. Roth is a terror. This guys motor never stops, not even on the sidelines. He will be a physical force. Crowder is an absolute great pick. What a steal. IMO, he was the best ilb in the whole draft. I was shocked to see us pick Daniels. There were so many better players available. I have no idea who Alabi is so i'm going to give Saban and Houck the benefit of the doubt. Same for Vickerson. I am a bit dissapointed that we didn't draft a qb. Frye, Walter, McPherson, or Orton would've put a smile on my face. Overall, Saban did an exellent job in his first draft.

Good post bro. And i am liking the sig. You put that one together pretty nicely.

By taking the bpa you ensure yourself depth, even if it's at a position you have strong starters, our problem in the past, if that starter goes down, we're screwed, so if JT gets hurt this year, I won't panic as much, look at what happend when Chester and T. Bo went down. If you pick the bpa, even at positions that aren't needs, you cover yourself, our 4th pick is a versitile player who can play S or CB...you never know how injuries goes, I'd say a BPA is a position of need.

WvFinFan said:
I 100% say that 4th round Travis Daniels was our worst draft pick of the draft. To me it almost ruined our draft. I can't believe we passed on Adrian Mcpherson with that pick. I think he will be somethin and in the 4th it would have been a good gamble. Alabi sounds like he could be good but i am not sure if you guys noticed that we left Wesley Britt on the board and he was taken two picks later. I think he is much better than Alabi and might have been a better pick. But i will give Houck the nod on that one.
Are you kidding? Daniels is a brilliant pick. For 1 his natural position is FS and was converted to Cb by Saban. he knows what Saban requires and has good size and speed. The only reason he was there in the 4th is cause like his teammate Corey Webster his stats slipped senior year. While you cant really project stats on this guys saban knows his own players better than anyone as far as how they fit his system.

IMO our worst pick of the day was Alabi. With Taj Hawthorne and Wesley Britt on the board I really hated that but i trust that St Nick knows what hes doing.

Awsi Dooger said:
I'm not going to back off. The worst pick was Ronnie Brown. Cadillac Williams has been better and will be better. I just reviewed my 3 saved Auburn tapes again. One guy can elude and one can't. If we were going down in class that would be one thing. Even a Ronnie Brown can juke high schoolers. Going up in class it will only get worse. It's high hilarity some analysts were projecting Mike Williams as nothing but a short yardage receiver in the NFL due to the speed of the pro game, then they conveniently forget to apply the same principle in regard to running backs who lack elusiveness. NFLers will wait for the move and then level him when it doesn't come. I'm not saying he will bust. Brown will be very good. Caddy will be great.

But did Caddy put Nick's entire team in the training room for a week? No, that's what we need, because we already have Travis, and Lamar so adding, a power runner was the best thing to do..Thank god we had the second pick because Ronnie Brown can do it all.. This is the best Dolphins draft I have ever seen..

I believe Saban took Daniels to be our FS, not a CB. Many teams thought he was better suited for FS & he worked out there at the Senior Bowl.

Crowder is my least favorite pick. I don't like injury concerns before the second day. Then again, I'm risk averse.

Really? He's actually my favorite pick & the most value for the pick.

Boik14 said:
Are you kidding? Daniels is a brilliant pick. For 1 his natural position is FS and was converted to Cb by Saban. he knows what Saban requires and has good size and speed. The only reason he was there in the 4th is cause like his teammate Corey Webster his stats slipped senior year. While you cant really project stats on this guys saban knows his own players better than anyone as far as how they fit his system.
I agree and I could not say it better than the profile on www.thehuddlereport.com, so I'll repeat it again here:

by Drew Boylhart
SR Staff Writer
March 2005 Travis Daniels FS/CB LSU
Strengths
Travis has decent size for his position. He has good speed and quickness and is very smart. He shows good leadership qualities on the field. He has those nice long arms that are a big help in defending in the passing game and he is a good tackler. Travis is a playmaker. He is the type of kid that has good upside to his game and will be a starting player for a team at the next level.

Needs to Improve
Travis has a skinny frame and injuries are the one issue that could stop him from getting on the field and starting for the team that picks him. Right now, he is better in zone than man-to-man coverage, but most of his problem is technique related.

Bottom Line
Travis is the type of kid that never saw a ball in the air that he doesn’t consider his. He is very smart and what he lacks in talent, he makes up for with his brains. He has been bounced back and forth from CB to FS, so his man-to-man skills are not as developed as you would like to see at this stage of his career. This, and his lack of bulk, will drop him a bit in this draft. However, he should be able to help a team big time in a nickel/dime situation while he learns. Right now, Travis never met a zone defense that he doesn’t like. He likes the zone because he knows that in a zone, he will get more chances to intercept the ball and that’s what Travis is all about. If he bulks up, Travis has a chance to be as impacting at the Safety position as Ed Reed -- but he HAS to bulk up so that he can stay on the field for every down. He has Ed Reed instincts, so Travis - bulk up baby and you’ve got a career!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reading that, even if anyone had not seen him play even though LSU was on a lot, how could any Dolphin fan not get excited about the pick?

Well said 51, I wanted Cedric too, but I have no problem with Ronnie Brown. He will definitly help our team right now.

Agent51 said:
Dude, careful, last time I spoke down on Ronnie it started WWIII, haha. I STILL would have prefered Benson then Caddy over Brown, but the fact is Brown his a Dolphin now, he's the guy who we took wether we like it or not. I'm fine with it, I will support him, cuz I think he is a great player, and wether I, or you or anyone else, think Benson woulda been better, or Caddy woulda been better doesn't even matter now, it doesn't change the fact that Ronnie is a Miami Dolphin. I was kinda heartbroken at first when it was his name called, but then I figured, hey, he may not be who I WANTED, but he is definately gonna help us, so I'll support him. Hell, I HAVE to support him, our future is pretty much on him for the time being, lol. I would much rather we took HIM if we were to pass on Benson and Caddy than say Braylon or Alex Smith if he dropped. I guess what I'm trying to say is If we WEREN'T going to take Benson or Caddy then Brown is who I wanted us to take, and we did, so I'm happy

getting chowder was an incredible move by saban. there were some issues about his past injuries in the last week, so he slipped dramatically. if not for this latest report, he would've been a first rounder. he hasn't been injured since then, so why did he slip so much with information teams already knew? whatever, the dolphins took advantage

SMadison29 said:
Really? He's actually my favorite pick & the most value for the pick.

He is value...if he isn't hurt. I don't like such substantial injury concerns on the first day. Like I said, I don't like risk of that nature. I am absolutely rooting for the dice to come up sixes on this, of course.

I like Daniels, but I wanted him in the 5th.

Back
Top Bottom