Who was the most random player to play for us? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was the most random player to play for us?

Rumors were Pittsburgh passed on Dan because of partying and blow. Then they sign Rapistburger years later lol.

Ya I recall the story. Still doesn't add up. I'm guessing Terry Bradshaw threw a fit when he found out they had an interest.

It's still crazy to think 5 QBs went ahead of him. God bless all those idiot AFCE GMs.

Couldn't imagine Dan smoking weed. What a shame that whole war on drugs misinformed everyone.
Yeah but I swear I read somewhere it was weed. Maybe it was just drugs in general.

Let's see hash, acid, shrooms - I remember that
Kinda lol

Rumors were Pittsburgh passed on Dan because of partying and blow. Then they sign Rapistburger years later lol.
The irony of the Steelers passing on Marino was the drug rumors--which were never proven in any way at all. The Steelers had a couple detectives on Marino and they even said they found no evidence of drugs. If Marino was using cocaine, was the absolute worst place he could have gone. Not a single drug issue his entire career.

The Steelers passed on Marino due to some substance abuse questions, but they drafted Gabriel Rivera. Rivera got completely plastered and drove while intoxicated, paralyzing himself. So in a way, the player the Steelers drafted did have real substance abuse issues.

Tony Martin is another that comes to mind for me. He was in Miami towards the beginning of his career and the end of his career. Unfortunately for MIami, his best seasons happened elsewhere (San Diego and Atlanta).

Two others are players the Dolphins drafted but never actually played in Miami. They are Joe Theismann and Anthony Carter. Carter was a multi-time Pro Bowler in Minnesota. Not even sure who Miami picked up when they traded him (he went to the USFL before going to the NFL). I can't help but think he would have been a NO.1 receiver for Marino, ahead of even Clayton and Duper.

The irony of the Steelers passing on Marino was the drug rumors--which were never proven in any way at all. The Steelers had a couple detectives on Marino and they even said they found no evidence of drugs. If Marino was using cocaine, was the absolute worst place he could have gone. Not a single drug issue his entire career.

The Steelers passed on Marino due to some substance abuse questions, but they drafted Gabriel Rivera. Rivera got completely plastered and drove while intoxicated, paralyzing himself. So in a way, the player the Steelers drafted did have real substance abuse issues.
This won't let me edit. My one sentence should have said "Miami was the worst place he could have gone."

Back
Top Bottom