Who was the most random player to play for us? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was the most random player to play for us?

I
Don't know man. My long term memory is pretty good if I recall.

Anyways a Google of this showed plenty of him doing pot in college.

Please show me a reputable source that shows this. No speculation, not rumors...a reputable source.

Sh
Please show me a reputable source that shows this. No speculation, not rumors...a reputable source.
Why should I? I didn't start the rumor and honestly don't care if he or anyone did weed etc in high school or college. I sure did 😂.

Glad he fell to us. Super duper glad.

Anyways have a go at Tanna, he raised it lol
Screenshot_20240705-093045~2.png

The irony of the Steelers passing on Marino was the drug rumors--which were never proven in any way at all. The Steelers had a couple detectives on Marino and they even said they found no evidence of drugs. If Marino was using cocaine, was the absolute worst place he could have gone. Not a single drug issue his entire career.

The Steelers passed on Marino due to some substance abuse questions, but they drafted Gabriel Rivera. Rivera got completely plastered and drove while intoxicated, paralyzing himself. So in a way, the player the Steelers drafted did have real substance abuse issues.

Not to bag on Pittsburgh, but I'm not entirely certain that the P.I. standards in 1983 in that particular part of the country were cutting edge. I was 13 at the time he was drafted, living in South Jersey, and the only Dolphins fan in the immediate area. One of my friend's Dad was a Pitt alum who was apparently fairly connected to the athletic department. He specifically said at the time that Marino did a LOT of coke, and that Don Shula was probably the best coach for him, because he'd sit Marino down and take care of the problem.

It has been alluded to multiple times that that's exactly what happened. Can anyone prove it? Probably not.

I
Don't know man. My long term memory is pretty good if I recall.

Anyways a Google of this showed plenty of him doing pot in college.

true romance smile GIF

Lol cmon. Its not a secret.

If youre asking was he ever arrested with it and thus had an official recorded incident with COCAINE written? No. But let's not pretend thats the level of proof that you're asking for with a goofy open secret that a Miami super athlete did a lot of cocaine in MIAMI in the 80S

Back
Top Bottom