Who Was Worse: Kippy Brown or Chris Foerster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Was Worse: Kippy Brown or Chris Foerster

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How was he given more of an opportunity to suceed? His job was to jump when Jimmy said jump.

He had Dan Marino. That's more of an opportunity by itself for God's sake. Plus, he wasn't given the job out of spite for someone else (Wannschmuck with Trestman). He might've been Jimmy's puppet, but he was a puppet that at least was comfortable in the job and wasn't forced to basically run an offense on the fly.

Dphins4me said:
What does everyone think Brown could do with a QB that could not move, could no longer make the throws he once could and a HC that said "Run the ball"

Brown may have had Marino, but at the time Marino's skill were that of a average QB.

He was still better than Fiedler or Feeley were last year.

FireWrongstedt said:
He had Dan Marino. That's more of an opportunity by itself for God's sake. Plus, he wasn't given the job out of spite for someone else (Wannschmuck with Trestman). He might've been Jimmy's puppet, but he was a puppet that at least was comfortable in the job and wasn't forced to basically run an offense on the fly.

But is job was to do exactly what the coach wanted. Also with Kippy at least it looked like the offense knew what they were doring.

Bottom line, under Kippy our offense wasn't the laughing stock of the league. Under Foerster we were the punchline of many jokes on Letterman and Leno.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
How was he given more of an opportunity to suceed? His job was to jump when Jimmy said jump.

You are both probably right. Both were pretty bad OC's put into very bad situations. Especially in Forrester's case, we saw what a lethal result that can lead to.

enigmatics said:
Kippy was the OC when Marino was still OC? Huh?

Um....what? On my Dolphins a guy named Marino was a QB for a while....:confused:

Check out the Hall of Fame industions this summer, you'll see.

If you wanted to ensure a team would get the #1 overall pick Olivadotti and Kippy would be the best selections for o and d coordinators. At least Kippy didnt stick around for like a decade like Olivadotti did. Shula was way too loyal to that stiff.

Kippy had talent and Dan Marino(God) and didnt have Tony Wise. Foerester had Wanny, JF, lots of injured players, and no experience.

unifiedtheory said:
Chris Foerster is the worst offensive coordinator in NFL history.
His play calling had no ryhme or reason to speak of..professional offensive coordinators call plays to set up other plays...Foerster called plays because the colors looked pretty on his play chart...he was an idiot.

How can you say that? You don't think there is ryhme to run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt??? Kinda got a nice rhythm, doesn't it?

I think they equally were unqualified and neither were given an opportunity to win because of restrictions of the head coach... I'd take Kippy over Chris though, all things being even!

Bad Lieutenant said:
Just wondering what the consensus on this board was regarding two of our worst recent O Coordinators.

It is hard for me to decide who was worse, so I'd like to hear your guys arguments before I make a decision. I know some will say who cares, and they'd be right, but we have to anoint who our worst O coordinator was.

neither, it was the coaching that handcuffed them...

Chris Foerster. He was totally unqualified for the job.

Back
Top Bottom