Who we picking in the 5th?

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I like:
WR Roydell Williams
C Jason Brown
C Wilkerson

i don't think saban cares about the homer threads i hope he does pick up wilkerson if he falls that far

Nublar7 said:
If Wilkerson falls that far, you have to take him. However, that could cause "Saban is a Homer" threads.

Pretty sad huh? I want players that we know inside and out. This Homer stuf is foolish.

The homer stuff is pretty much just joking around. Yet, one has to wonder how all of the best talent available is located south of Georgia....LOL.

jaketaylor said:
The homer stuff is pretty much just joking around. Yet, one has to wonder how all of the best talent available is located south of Georgia....LOL.
Homer pick or not, it's not really encouraging that we can pick up a good quality OL when we don't pick again for 56 spots. Maybe Webster's a player, but with Orton still on the board, some solid OL prospects availabe, even some very good DT - corner wasn't a priority. If the kid can play safety, maybe it will pan out, but weren't there some good safeties there without having to convert a corner? I'm sure Saban knows much better than I do, but I don't know.

If Mcpherson, Shazor, or Jerome Mathis are still there and he doesnt take one i am going to be very very upset. I cant believe he has gone Defense in the last 3 rounds. He thinks he is rebuilding and showing that he has NO FAITH in us doing anythign this year.

cowtowndick said:
Homer pick or not, it's not really encouraging that we can pick up a good quality OL when we don't pick again for 56 spots. Maybe Webster's a player, but with Orton still on the board, some solid OL prospects availabe, even some very good DT - corner wasn't a priority. If the kid can play safety, maybe it will pan out, but weren't there some good safeties there without having to convert a corner? I'm sure Saban knows much better than I do, but I don't know.

He is a 4.6 guy, he had better be able to play safety.:shakeno:

Mathis just went to Houston.

I say either C, WR or QB.

Probably C if Wilkerson is there, or QB if McPherson. But I do not see any of the good WRs falling that far.

in this order

Orlovsky, McPherson, Shazor, Wilkerson, Hawtorne, and to bad not thorpe

JCfinfan said:
Pretty sad huh? I want players that we know inside and out. This Homer stuf is foolish.

Agree completely. I think it's especially important in the later rounds. You're looking for the rough diamonds, and if you COACHED the player, the chance of him being a bust drops significally.

cowtowndick said:

Cornerback may not have been a priority for you, but it was for Nick. Had Corey Webster been available at pick 46, he would be a Dolphin right now. Nick will draft a cornerback every year. You watch. This guy is a big secondary coach, and he loves defensive backs.

Back
Top Bottom