Who we picking in the 5th? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who we picking in the 5th?

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
8
I like:
WR Roydell Williams
C Jason Brown
C Wilkerson
 

jnewmant

Hit folks and like it!
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
2,367
Reaction score
7
Age
38
Location
Greenville, MS
i don't think saban cares about the homer threads i hope he does pick up wilkerson if he falls that far
 

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
3,534
Reaction score
8
Nublar7 said:
If Wilkerson falls that far, you have to take him. However, that could cause "Saban is a Homer" threads.

Pretty sad huh? I want players that we know inside and out. This Homer stuf is foolish.
 

jaketaylor

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 12, 2003
Messages
674
Reaction score
0
The homer stuff is pretty much just joking around. Yet, one has to wonder how all of the best talent available is located south of Georgia....LOL.
 

cowtowndick

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
674
Reaction score
0
jaketaylor said:
The homer stuff is pretty much just joking around. Yet, one has to wonder how all of the best talent available is located south of Georgia....LOL.
Homer pick or not, it's not really encouraging that we can pick up a good quality OL when we don't pick again for 56 spots. Maybe Webster's a player, but with Orton still on the board, some solid OL prospects availabe, even some very good DT - corner wasn't a priority. If the kid can play safety, maybe it will pan out, but weren't there some good safeties there without having to convert a corner? I'm sure Saban knows much better than I do, but I don't know.
 

WvFinFan

Starter
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
309
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Morgantown, WV
If Mcpherson, Shazor, or Jerome Mathis are still there and he doesnt take one i am going to be very very upset. I cant believe he has gone Defense in the last 3 rounds. He thinks he is rebuilding and showing that he has NO FAITH in us doing anythign this year.
 

John Biello

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
6,237
Reaction score
358
Age
40
Location
RI
i hope we go wr or ol this next pick
 

Mr Fan

The return of tradition
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 18, 2003
Messages
1,744
Reaction score
1,556
cowtowndick said:
Homer pick or not, it's not really encouraging that we can pick up a good quality OL when we don't pick again for 56 spots. Maybe Webster's a player, but with Orton still on the board, some solid OL prospects availabe, even some very good DT - corner wasn't a priority. If the kid can play safety, maybe it will pan out, but weren't there some good safeties there without having to convert a corner? I'm sure Saban knows much better than I do, but I don't know.

He is a 4.6 guy, he had better be able to play safety.:shakeno:
 

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
6,263
Reaction score
3
Mathis just went to Houston.

I say either C, WR or QB.

Probably C if Wilkerson is there, or QB if McPherson. But I do not see any of the good WRs falling that far.
 

UCFinfan86

Oronde Gadsden's Official #1 Fan
Joined
Mar 7, 2005
Messages
3,204
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Location
Orlando
in this order

Orlovsky, McPherson, Shazor, Wilkerson, Hawtorne, and to bad not thorpe
 

touborg

Board Linebacker
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
4,437
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Copenhagen, Denmark
JCfinfan said:
Pretty sad huh? I want players that we know inside and out. This Homer stuf is foolish.

Agree completely. I think it's especially important in the later rounds. You're looking for the rough diamonds, and if you COACHED the player, the chance of him being a bust drops significally.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,065
Reaction score
68
cowtowndick said:
Homer pick or not, it's not really encouraging that we can pick up a good quality OL when we don't pick again for 56 spots. Maybe Webster's a player, but with Orton still on the board, some solid OL prospects availabe, even some very good DT - corner wasn't a priority. If the kid can play safety, maybe it will pan out, but weren't there some good safeties there without having to convert a corner? I'm sure Saban knows much better than I do, but I don't know.

Cornerback may not have been a priority for you, but it was for Nick. Had Corey Webster been available at pick 46, he would be a Dolphin right now. Nick will draft a cornerback every year. You watch. This guy is a big secondary coach, and he loves defensive backs.
 
Top Bottom