Who we picking in the 5th? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who we picking in the 5th?

JCfinfan said:
I like:
WR Roydell Williams
C Jason Brown
C Wilkerson

I agree with you that he takes one of those Centers in the 5th.

mcpherson or wilkerson are the obvious choices because they are well known.

We need a safety, unless the plan is to move Daniels or one of the other cb's there but i doubt it....We have a major hole there and it needs to be filled....if not Shazor, someone else

Davo said:
We need a safety, unless the plan is to move Daniels or one of the other cb's there but i doubt it....We have a major hole there and it needs to be filled....if not Shazor, someone else

I think Daniels was drafted with safety in mind.

At this rate we should go developmental QB in the 5th and a run-stuffing situation DT like Bryant in the 7th.

Dude, read a little will ya?

WvFinFan said:
If Mcpherson, Shazor, or Jerome Mathis are still there and he doesnt take one i am going to be very very upset. I cant believe he has gone Defense in the last 3 rounds. He thinks he is rebuilding and showing that he has NO FAITH in us doing anythign this year.

Dude, do you not read? Don't you pay ANY attention to what to Phins want to do?

They're trying to build a defense that can occasionally switch to a 3-4. That means that of all of the linebackers we have (and we have good athletes) only Junior is big enough to lineup in a 3-4.

We took Matt Roth who is listed as a DE but played Linebacker before and has that tweener weight. In Saban's scheme he can play OLB on 3-4 and DE on the 4-3 and he's an amazing pass rusher. Put him opposite Jason Taylor and it will be tough for teams to double Jason anymore.

Channing Crowder fits the same kind of thinking. He's big enough to play in the 3-4 (take on OL) and fast enough to play weakside LB in the 4-3. In fact, he's a great MLB and has played strong side too. So, just like Morlon Greenwood, this guy can back up all of the positions and is versatile enough to play all of Saban's schemes.

Daniels is a CB Saban knows well and was a safety for 2 years before switching to corner. In Saban's scheme, like Belichick's, versatility is everything. I'll say it again. In Saban's scheme, versatility is everything. We needed a young corner, but not necessarily a "cover" corner. In Saban's scheme a harrd hitter and smart player is what's needed. None of the players Saban has taken so far are stupid, all have non-stop motors, and all have heart and passion for the game.

I'd love to see us draft either a speed WR or a Center to displace the very disgraceful Seth McKinney as our starter. But whatever happens next, just remember: By drafting these Defensive players Saban has given the coaches the flexibility of introducing 3-4 plays in certain situations defensively that will confuse our opponents like we've never seen before.

Our defense has always just lined up and played. We weren't trying to fool anyone. Well, now we're gonna fool everyone. The opposing offensive line won't know if we're in a 4-3 or 3-4 until right before the snap, and even then, once in a 3-4 the opposing offensive line won't have enough time to decide who blocks who or even have time to recognize who's actually coming in!

It'll be beautiful. Imagine Zach and Junior in the middle, with Crowder and Roth outside. Those are some fast, strong LB's. We're gonna put NE to shame!

Man I just looked up this WIlkerson guy and he had a season ending patella tendon injury. Isnt that what boston had. This guy will never be the same. PASS

Better yet, when do we pick in the 5th? Is it 147 or 162?

Back
Top Bottom