who will be our best offensive lineman??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will be our best offensive lineman???

Macdougle is a player w/ an upside but is already a very good RT/G he will excell this year

vernon carey hasnt done squat to be mentioned as a best anything. he may have the most talent, but a guy like hadnot, who was drafted in round 5 works much harder and is better off in the long run

Carey has no shot IMO. The guy is looking like a Billy Milner-type bust so far. I say it's between James and Hadnot. If Houck can light a fire under McDougle then he has some potential too. I think Hadnot is your roadgrader off the line of scrimmage, whereas James will be your roadgrader on pulling plays.

I think MacIntosh will be the best lineman...He's been on a team with Houck before, knows whats expected of him, and hes not injured this year.

McDougle was a 1st rounder whose been solid but not spectacular. I think hes ready to take the jump.

beejay05 said:
I think Stockar McDougal will be our best. Hasnt he been considered an underachiever for his career. I think Houck will have him playing to his true potential.

Me Too!!!!

James is the safest choice and would have to be the favorite. He's set at one position and is proven NFL caliber. But I'm hoping it's Carey. He has the biggest upside so if he's our best that level could be very high. McDougal could awaken, but that's somewhat akin to backing a heavily raced maiden claimer who is always supposed to win but never does. From my experience, you're better off putting faith in a younger talent who doesn't have 0 for 16, or whatever, stamped on his resume. Hadnot is the choice of all the Rick Spielman apologists who want to believe we actually found a gem starter in the late rounds. Didn't happen.

Hadnot has played very good football, like Spielman or not. Carey will be far better this year and McKinney will be better simply because he'll be better coached. Jeno, McDougal and Mac should all be fine. The depth is there with St. Clair and whoever doesn't start between Carey and Hadnot IMO.

I think it'll be James. I don't know why McDougle gets hype, St. Clair was the best offensive linemen on the team last year, and I think he'll be starting ahead of McDougle. Hopefully some of the past draft picks get better such as Whitley, Carey, McKinney.

Back
Top Bottom