who will be our best offensive lineman??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who will be our best offensive lineman???

Have we heard anything concrete about Hadnot working at center at all (aside from the speculation on this board)? I just wonder if Hadnot is not mobile enough to play center. I get the feeling Hadnot is a pure guard at the NFL level. Centers need to get out on linebackers the way Mawae and Kruetz do now, and the way Langer and Stephenson used to. While guards need to pull, mobility is needed that much more at the center position.

All that said, I wish that Hadnot could play at center. If he cannot as I fear, it would be nice if Wade Smith could beat out McKinney. I have no idea why people defend McKinney on this board. He was an absolute embarrassment, and it was not just coaching. He is physically weak, mentally slow, and athletically slow. There were times the DT was past him before he could react or have the strength to do anything about it. It was not just a breakdown in the system as the apologists whine. McKinney was just overmatched. There is a reason why this team gave up an astonishing 52 sacks last year and had one of the worst lines in the league over the past 10 years or so. Everything was bad, from the coaching to the players. And making excuses for the guys doesn't help. We need the problem solved, not excuses.

Also, Jeno James is overrated. If Carey doesn't beat out McIntosh, with Hadnot likely entrenched at RG, then I hope Carey beats out James at LG. How about a possible line like this:

LT McIntosh St Clair
LG Carey James
C Smith McKinney
RG Hadnot Cook
RT McDougle St Clair

That is a 9 man rotation.

If that were to happen, lots of good things would have to happen, such as Smith getting it done at center, and Carey the same at LG. If this happens, then after the season, we can unload James' contract. James better realize this is an important season for his career. The nice thing is that lineup has some youth that maybe we can build on.

I hope its Carey because if he has a good year that will change the make-up of our whole line for the better...

finsgonewild said:
i am going to say jeno james is going to be the best. He was ok last year but with a new offensive line coach I think he will return to the form he was with Carolina. Also I hope Carey will be able to improve. He has all the talent in the world to be great. He just needs to work hard and listen to what the coaches are saying. Other than that I think he could develop into a great contributor to the offensive line.

Hadnot.

Back
Top Bottom