Who will be our leading tackler by the end of 2005?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be our leading tackler by the end of 2005??

PassRush said:
You better grab onto another one, that limb is starting to crack and the wind is blowing mighty hard:lol: In all honesty I could see him racking up 100 tackles but nothing near Zacks numbers
Reason I say T-Jones is because he had 102 tackles last year and teams know that our secondary is much weaker then our D-Line. Plus with some 3-4 plays be included, Zach might not be able to duplicate his 140 tackles seasons. I know it sounds crazy, but I am still going to stay on the limb.

Zach if he stays healthy. I also think Crowder will be a tackling machine. Not sure about how much time he'll see so it's hard to predict his numbers. He'll definately benefit from the 3-4.

ChambersNBoston said:
I'm really bored right now and there is nothing interesting at all to talk about...I just wanted to change it up a little bit...Who will lead our defense in total tackles...it would be easy to choose Zach...so i say SAY OW!... who do you think...? Big Ol 55 still has some fuel in that tackling tank of his...anyone disagree?

:fire:

I think it'll be Alphonso Roundtree.

He's really started to come on strong and I love his athletic ability.

...SIKE!

It'll be Zach of course!

i see Zach being the leading tackler on our defense only if Chester and Traylor are solid if not its gonna be hard for zach to stay healthy as he had a hard time last year staying healthy with poor DTs, but i see our DTs playing solid and Zach having a PB year

Of course, its going to be The Zach Man. Seau or Jones will likely be 2nd to him.

PassRush said:
I am all about throwing a player out there to spark conversation but Zack will not only lead the team but if he stays healthy he can lead the league

Just out of curiousity has Zack ever lead the league in tackles? I don't think so. I am not arguing with you just curious.

It won't be Zack IMO.

I think some people are forgetting that we will be implementing the 3-4 more often. The 3-4 generously distributes stats amongst it's players. Primarily linebackers. Since Zack at any moment could be blitzing that takes away the games and times they have him spying on Donovan McNabb and Mike Vick. It also takes away from him always covering the RB out of the flat.

I would honestly say that Tebucky Jones will lead the Phins, then Junior Seau.

The only way IMO Zack leads the team is if he can stay healthy the full season, I don't see that happening.

Remember, in the 3-4 also the SS will be left alone in the deep secondary to cover the deep ball which takes away one less tackler back there.

Rodney Harrison lead the Pats in tackles
Donnie Edwards lead the Chargers
Troy Palamula was one tackle away from leading the Steelers behind James Farrior
Ray Lewis obviously lead the Ravens

So it would be a safe assumption to choose between Zack and Tebucky.

Also take into consideration that the LB'ERS that lead their team missed no more then 1 game to do so.

Definitely Zach Thomas but if for some reason he gets injured or whatever, I honestly see Junior Seau or TeBucky Jones being right behind him.

Back
Top Bottom