Who will be the starters on the O Line? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will be the starters on the O Line?

I'll be there on Saturday and will be reporting who looks good. I need a good update on what players have what numbers....

Lets see...Jay is #9, Lucas #6 but those will be easy to recognize...its the OL and DL that gets a bit confusing. Leonard Henry has Lamar's old number 26, Ricky of course 34, Dyer 33, Konrad 44, I believe Robert Edwards has a weird number like 48. The only scrub WR numbers I want to pay attention to will be Baker's so I should find out what his number is. McMichael has OJ's number 81 (big dis to OJ even though McMichael may make OJ proud some day). Dont really need to know Weaver's number and I'm sure Mayes is process of elimination. The OL now thats a big problem I haven't got a clue what any of their numbers are except I think Brent Smith is 71 because I saw him get crispy from Jevon last weekend.

Henry Taylor is 98, Ernest Grant is 97, Haley is 94, of course there's 95 TimBo, I think Chester is 64 I'll have to check...Burnett got 90 and A-O switched to 93, J.Williams got 91, of course JT at 99, and D.Bo if I remember correctly would be 96. Zach is 54 but who wouldn't recognize him, I think Seaverns is 55, Rodgers 59, Morlon 52, Galyon 58, Hendricks 51, I think Russell is 56. Don't know what newcomers like Symonette and Shields have. The DBs oh man this is rough, uhh...22 is Wooden, 24 is Jamar, good ole 29 Sam Madison, 23 is Surtain, Arturo always catches my eye he's 27...beyond that I haven't got a clue what Gamble, McGarrahan, or Ray Green wear. I'm sure Gamble and McGarrahan will be easy to recognize cuz they're so WHITE, and Gamble will be the shorter of the two.

Who am I forgetting?

Go to Phins.com CK, Curt has a up to date roster you can print out.

Sweet thanks that'll definitely help for recognizing people during the camps against the Bucs. Maybe I should know a bit of the Bucs numbers too so I know what kind of competition they are facing.

That's a good idea. At Jets camp they hand out sheets with all the numbers but it's better to be prepared and a good idea to have the Bucs numbers.

Never really gone to camp let alone written a report on camp so I'd imagine if anyones expecting a good report out of me, they'd better think differently.

You know your stuff no reason to think you won't do a good job. Just remember that one play doesn't make a practice, balance the good with the bad. Keep an eye on possible injuries like who comes off limping stuff like that, and try to see who they line up in different schemes ie nickel, dime, KO and punts, that will give us a good idea who the coaches are looking at.

True. I know what I like to read, so I'm thinking I should know what to take note of. If I was doing reporting on it I'd probably just bring a recorder so when they line up I can just talk into the recorder and say something like "Trips formation, 80 slot, 86 and 84 line...nickel defense. LT collapses, forced early throw to 80 running a chair, broken up by nickel CB." I'd do that anyway except there'd be some folks lookin at me pretty weird. If I was gettin paid I'd just turn to them and say "I'm getting paid :)" Sounds like too much work anyway.

Regardless of Dave's "five best men on the field" comment(s), there is going to be a bias in favor of the vets at each position last year. Searcy and Nails are going to have to demonstrate that they are CLEARLY better than the incumbents in order to wrest a starting spot from Perry or Dixon. Further, if Dixon is slowed at Guard, how much more difficult is the greater lateral movement required at LT going to be for him? Smith is probably staying put unless Spriggs can unseat him. It is encouraging to see Nails getting some time with the 1st unit though.

LT - Smith
LG - Dixon
C - Ruddy
RG - Perry
RT - Wade

We'll probably see

:monkey: A. Mayes

at TE as well.

CK if your report is the least inaccurate we will shoot you and the horse you rode in on:-)..This has got to be the best report..because this report will be the basis, I'm sure we all make our final predictions on, prior to the phins coaches telling us really what's the lineup is.

I'm a Floridian now living in Maryland bro..and I'm counting on you to tell me what's what..I've agree with you on too many posts here to let me down now......feel the pressure...just a little bit.. Okay NOW GO AND HAVE SOME FUN.

Back
Top Bottom