Who will climb/slip at combine?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will climb/slip at combine??

HysterikiLL

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here are a few people whose stock will rise/fall at the combine IMO. Add yours.

Rise:

Michael Huff - incredibly fast, the world will realize
Mathias Kiwanuka
Thomas Howard
Roman Harper
Anthony Schlegel
Jon Scott
LenDale White
Elvis Dumervil
Barrick Nealy

Fall:

DeAngelo Williams
Jay Cutler
Haloti Ngata
A.J. Nicholson
D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Haloti Ngata

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

those 2 are going to run great in their workouts, i dont see them falling.

I think Lindell White will fall because of his 40...

What could Cutler do at the combine that would cause him to drop?

I know it's wishful thinking that Cutler would fall to us. I just wonder how many of us would be pissed if he was there with the 16th pick and we just passed him up. I personally would be irrate.

I think 40 speeds are the most overrated measurement for linemen. Strength, agility, explosiveness, shuttle speeds are all more important. It is impressive to see a three hundred pound man run a sub 5.0 forty, but is not a predictor of success. I remember seeing D. Gardener flying in his 40 and saying "wow", but it doesnt make a difference in my opinion.

mbsinmisc said:
I think 40 speeds are the most overrated measurement for linemen. Strength, agility, explosiveness, shuttle speeds are all more important. It is impressive to see a three hundred pound man run a sub 5.0 forty, but is not a predictor of success. I remember seeing D. Gardener flying in his 40 and saying "wow", but it doesnt make a difference in my opinion.

agreed.

the whole combine is a joke...whats the sense of having guys run in shorts? let them put full gear on and then we can talk

houtz said:
I know it's wishful thinking that Cutler would fall to us. I just wonder how many of us would be pissed if he was there with the 16th pick and we just passed him up. I personally would be irrate.

+1

Slappy8800 said:

Seriously though, as far as QBs are concerned I don't think the combine is that big of a test. Yeah, they may run and throw a few passes but the Senior Bowl practices and personal workouts where they throw 40-50 passes of all different routes is what will make the difference.

SpeedRush99 said:
Seriously though, as far as QBs are concerned I don't think the combine is that big of a test. Yeah, they may run and throw a few passes but the Senior Bowl practices and personal workouts where they throw 40-50 passes of all different routes is what will make the difference.

dont tell that to Matt Jones...moved from third round/second day pick to #21!

SpeedRush99 said:

Slappy8800 said:
dont tell that to Matt Jones...moved from third round/second day pick to #21!

:D

HysterikiLL said:
Here are a few people whose stock will rise/fall at the combine IMO. Add yours.

Rise:

Michael Huff - incredibly fast, the world will realize
Mathias Kiwanuka
Thomas Howard
Roman Harper
Anthony Schlegel
Jon Scott
LenDale White
Elvis Dumervil
Barrick Nealy

Fall:

DeAngelo Williams
Jay Cutler
Haloti Ngata
A.J. Nicholson
D'Brickashaw Ferguson
I've seen Kiwakuna going top 5 on some mocks so how much can he rise? top 2 or 3? I like Roman Harper and would like to see us get him in the 3rd...I don't see him going much higher than that.I also like Schlegel in the 3rd round area....could he move up to the 2nd round?

I don't know what you mean by DeAngelo Williams falling...do you mean falling out of the top 15? Same question for Ngata....I think Ngata goes top 10 to 12 and Williams goes top 15 to 18.Ferguson....falling to where?

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom