Who will climb/slip at combine?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will climb/slip at combine??

To clarify, what I meant by guys falling was more relating to them not really doing anything to solidify their position, and then other guys impressing and moving up to force those guys to go lower.

mbsinmisc said:
I think 40 speeds are the most overrated measurement for linemen. Strength, agility, explosiveness, shuttle speeds are all more important. It is impressive to see a three hundred pound man run a sub 5.0 forty, but is not a predictor of success. I remember seeing D. Gardener flying in his 40 and saying "wow", but it doesnt make a difference in my opinion.

Very true

mbsinmisc said:
I think 40 speeds are the most overrated measurement for linemen. Strength, agility, explosiveness, shuttle speeds are all more important. It is impressive to see a three hundred pound man run a sub 5.0 forty, but is not a predictor of success. I remember seeing D. Gardener flying in his 40 and saying "wow", but it doesnt make a difference in my opinion.
I agree a 10 yard dash from a 3/4 point stance would give a much better indication of explosiveness which is much more important in linemen than being able to run 40 yards quick

houtz said:
I know it's wishful thinking that Cutler would fall to us. I just wonder how many of us would be pissed if he was there with the 16th pick and we just passed him up. I personally would be irrate.

Dude....why does everyone think that Jay Cutler will be picked before Miami picks???? what has he done to make his stock so high? he hasnt done a thing yet! everyone is building this guy so hard, it not even funny. He was a losing team, it wasnt like he won a national championship. If his numbers were a lot better then maybe he might be a top 10 pick.

He only had 21 TD and completed 59% of his passes. he DIDNT win nothing, he had a LOSING season. why would he be in the top 10?

Cardinals need a RB. im pretty sure if DeAngolo Williams is still on the board then they will take him in a heart beat. because he led the nation in yards and TD's or something like that. Jay Cutler didnt do nothing special at all!!!!!
why would the cardinals take a risky pick like that?

fins5423 said:
Dude....why does everyone think that Jay Cutler will be picked before Miami picks???? what has he done to make his stock so high? he hasnt done a thing yet! everyone is building this guy so hard, it not even funny. He was a losing team, it wasnt like he won a national championship. If his numbers were a lot better then maybe he might be a top 10 pick.

He only had 21 TD and completed 59% of his passes. he DIDNT win nothing, he had a LOSING season. why would he be in the top 10?

Cardinals need a RB. im pretty sure if DeAngolo Williams is still on the board then they will take him in a heart beat. because he led the nation in yards and TD's or something like that. Jay Cutler didnt do nothing special at all!!!!!
why would the cardinals take a risky pick like that?
Very simple, teams take chances on QB's...specially since there aren't many good ones this year...at least not at the top.BTW,the cards might not take him but I think somebody will before 16 tho I hope I'm wrong.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
Very simple, teams take chances on QB's...specially since there aren't many good ones this year...at least not at the top.BTW,the cards might not take him but I think somebody will before 16 tho I hope I'm wrong.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

Ozzy rules!!

That makes no since, why do you think he will be gone when we pick if you dont know any teams who will take him???????

Taking him in the top 10 would be a BIG REACH! he didnt show much in college because he never won and that doesnt look good for a Quarterback. A top 10 pick is crazy talk for Jay Cutler....he didnt do nothing special this whole season! he didnt have crazy numbers. he didnt win a bowl game.

people just builded this guy way up. Him going in the top 10 would have to be a team real desperent and no team needs a Quarterback that bad.

Cardinals have other big issues and they are in a spot where they can get some real Calibore Players, like DeAngolo Williams and i know they wont pass on him. He actually won games and actually had some great numbers, how about leading the nation in rushing yards.

Danny said:
I've seen Kiwakuna going top 5 on some mocks so how much can he rise? top 2 or 3? I like Roman Harper and would like to see us get him in the 3rd...I don't see him going much higher than that.I also like Schlegel in the 3rd round area....could he move up to the 2nd round?

I don't know what you mean by DeAngelo Williams falling...do you mean falling out of the top 15? Same question for Ngata....I think Ngata goes top 10 to 12 and Williams goes top 15 to 18.Ferguson....falling to where?

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

DeAngello Williams will go much higher than 15... he is the best RB in the draft...

HysterikiLL said:
Better than Bush? :eek:
Its not really close either. Best RB prospect since LT. I was really hoping he would come out last year where we would have a chance and a need t select him.

HysterikiLL said:
Better than Bush? :eek:

In the sense of an NFL, every down back, YES. Although like Cedric Benson I'd be wary of the mileage on him.

SpeedRush99 said:
In the sense of an NFL, every down back, YES. Although like Cedric Benson I'd be wary of the mileage on him.
Cedric Benson is and was a fat slow lump of coal. :lol: @ the bears wasting a 1st on him

Boik14 said:
Cedric Benson is and was a fat slow lump of coal. :lol: @ the bears wasting a 1st on him

And to think quite a few people on here wanted him! :eek: :shakeno:

SpeedRush99 said:
And to think quite a few people on here wanted him! :eek: :shakeno:
Ya i remember all the threads saying "oh my god how can we not slect this guy, look at his college stats." Ya and look at him report to camp out of shape, play badly when he actually got off the pine, and then hurt himself.

Back
Top Bottom