Who will last longer in New York? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will last longer in New York?

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
so i was watching the Jets/Pats game today and i was thinkin to myself...who will last longer in New York?

Rex Ryan or Mark Sanchez?

Rex is a terrible coach with a massive ego. He thinks if you talk enough trash the week before the game, show no respect to your opponent and play defense you will win games. He talked it up, went 3-0 and talked some more. He continued talking trash after the Dolphins beat him for the 2nd time. Hes now out of excuses, crying like a baby at team meetings...asking people for advice making even more of an *** out of himself as if thats even possible. Hes nothing more than just a defensive coordinator, its blatantly obvious that hes a bad coach. I know the Jets are a classless franchise to begin with but how long do you think they put up with this joke of a head coach?

Sanchez is a pretty boy interception machine. He started what?...16 games at USC? Whats all the hype about? The Jets traded away players and picks to move up to get this dude in the draft and what has he proven? Hes posing for magazines, doin commercials...did they draft a QB or a model/entertainer? Well if you said "QB" then they didnt draft a very good one. All these Jets fans claim hes the future and he has all these tools that great QBs have or whatever and when i watch the Jets i dont see these so called "tools". How long do the Jets put up with this guy and his poor play? I know hes a rookie and all but i am not convinced he will be a great QB in the NFL. I thought this was a win now team, not a "rebuilding" team. If thats the case Mark Sanchez wont be under center for long because he straight up loses games single-handedly.

At least if his career in the NFL doesnt pan out he can always fall back onto modeling right?

Sanchez. Ryan will be gone after next season. Sanchez will stay because they were dumb enough to draft him 5th overall, and will keep him only because they're paying him 50 million.

They are both going to be around for a LONG time. Careers aren't made in one year, just remember all these posts in the coming years.

Sanchez will last longer. They used a high first round pick on him and gave him a massive contract, they are kind of stuck with him.

Ryan on the other hand is proving what I was saying all offseason. The guy is clueless and really in over his head. He will be back in 2010, but I would be very surprised if he lasts longer then that. He is not a NFL head coach, period.

Sanchez will last longer. They used a high first round pick on him and gave him a massive contract, they are kind of stuck with him.

Ryan on the other hand is proving what I was saying all offseason. The guy is clueless and really in over his head. He will be back in 2010, but I would be very surprised if he lasts longer then that. He is not a NFL head coach, period.

Why is he clueless and in over his head? B/c he's 4-6 in his first year w/ a rookie QB and a team that ha shad a chance to win almost every game they have played?

thats good that they both will be there for a while, the longer they are there the more times we could sweep them

They are both going to be around for a LONG time. Careers aren't made in one year, just remember all these posts in the coming years.

While I agree that they are not going anywhere anytime soon...they sure BOTH have had thier problems in year one. Sanchez I have more hope for than Ryan. He should just learn to keep his mouth open less and coach more. He is a very very good defensive coach. He has a way to go in the Head Coach department.

Why is he clueless and in over his head? B/c he's 4-6 in his first year w/ a rookie QB and a team that ha shad a chance to win almost every game they have played?

When you open your mouth the way Ryan has...just having a chance to win in each game does not cut it. A little humble pie might be the best thing he has learned from year one.

He is all talk and no production. I expected they would struggle this year with rookie Sanchez at QB, but they are not getting better as the season goes on, they are getting worse. Sanchez's interception problem isn't getting any better, after starting 3-0, they have gone 1-6. He doesn't seem to prepare his team well and could be losing the locker room.

When you talk as big as he did all offseason and even during the season, you better be able to back it up. So far, he hasn't been able to. I know it is just his first season, but he has handled the situation in the wrong way since day one. Calling out players on other teams to fight him, taking shots at a 3 time Super Bowl champion coach, never giving the Dolphins any credit even after being swept by them, making fun of injured players, and the list goes on.

Lets not forget that he went from being Mr. Tough Guy to crying over his latest losing streak. He is emotionally unstable.

I understand you support your coach, more power to you, but take a step back, take off the Jets glasses and you will see that this guy is not ready to be a NFL head coach and may never be. There is a reason the Ravens passed over him when they were looking for a new coach.

People act like rex guaranteed a SB this year. All his talk was his confidence in his team to win football games, he never guaranteed wins or SBs. He didn't say "we own you" like josh McDaniels did pregame yesterday to some SD players. he showed confidence in his team and if he believes it I'm glad he speaks his mind. It does put more pressure on him but if he's going to be successful he needs to handle it so this is a great learning year for our HC and QB.

People act like rex guaranteed a SB this year. All his talk was his confidence in his team to win football games, he never guaranteed wins or SBs. He didn't say "we own you" like josh McDaniels did pregame yesterday to some SD players. he showed confidence in his team and if he believes it I'm glad he speaks his mind. It does put more pressure on him but if he's going to be successful he needs to handle it so this is a great learning year for our HC and QB.

What he did show was a TOTAL lack of respect to other teams who beat his team. A total lack of respect to teams that have earned respect. He talked about meeting and talking to presidents after winning Super Bowls. He got into a verbal war of words with an opposing player. His own arrogance got in the way of winning some football games. His press conferences after games turned into a joke around the league. He set an alarmingly poor example for his team to follow how to handle oneself after losing games. I would hope that he has learned some things from all this...I have a funny feeling he has not.

... all I know is Brian Schottenheimer needs to be shown the door before either of them.

... all I know is Brian Schottenheimer needs to be shown the door before either of them.

I do agree with you. With the good running game they have..you would think they would use it to take some pressure off of Sanchez. Yet they seem to put him in situations they are not the best for him..throwing the ball deeo and across the field.

Back
Top Bottom