Who will stop our offense? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who will stop our offense?

Re: Re: Who will stop our offense?

Originally posted by WharfRat

I know this is semantics... but it lends to credibility...
that's a few more than a "trio" you listed :confused: :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: I didn't even notice that......

You mention our Special Teams being poor...

I have a wake-up call for y'all. Our Special Teams are probably in the top half of the league now IMO. Since the Minnesota Game, our STs have been very strong, including shutting down the best return game in the NFL in Oakland's.

Re: Re: I'll tell u who!

Originally posted by Quizlet
BTW: You played ONE of the best and NEARLY won by TWO points... now your not playing ONE of the best your playing the best

Dude... I hate to break this to you... but here are a couple of stats that dispute your claim that Buffalo has the best Offense...

Teams Offensive Points per Game according to NFL.com
#1) Oakland 35.0
#2) Kansas City 34.2
#3) Philadelphia 33.0
#4) Buffalo 32.3
#5) New Orleans 31.0
#6) Miami 30.0

So from a scoring standpoint Buffalo is #4... not #1. And heres another little stat...

Teams Offensive yards per game according to NFL.com
#1) Oakland 442.6
#2) Buffalo 405.8
#3) Kansas City 404.7

Again... Oakland leads the League and Buffalo is not #1... well, you must have meant that Buffalo has the best passing attack then...

Teams Passing yards per game according to NFL.com
#1) Oakland 320.0
#2) Buffalo 311.2

Again... admirable stats, but not quite #1... not quite the best.

So unless somebody swapped the schedule around on us and Miami is playing the Raiders this week, well then we arent seeing the "best" offense in the nfl after all... are we?
:evil:

Game will be simple - if Ricky romps, Bledsoe sits and we kill clock. TOP for fins mean JT and Zach can go nuts teeing off on Bledsoe. Key to our D will be preventing the big play and making Bledsoe be patient. If I were Bills I would be trying to get Henry going so that JT and O-gun are not given free passes at Bledsoe. Biggest challenge for Fins D will be stopping Reismera and Centers in base D. Either we cover 2 deep ag Price and Moulds or move Freeman up to help w/TE - tough choices and one that should not be written in stone.

Single coverage on Moulds and Price - God, I hope so! Do you really think that Fletcher can cover Reed? Do you really think Thomas can cover Reimersma??? GET REAL!!!

Originally posted by Ed (Bills)
Madison will stop Moulds? The Dolphins haven't had much luck stopping Eric in the past, and that was with a much weaker supporting cast and morons for OC's.

See, that is the problem...it is illusional. I look at your offense the same as the Colts...you have a great WR who we will contain, but not necessarily stop. Moulds will get his catches, but just like a 25 pound bucket of chitlins, it will boil down to nothing that will help the bills win.

The Fins D is looking pretty awesome, but our O's been looking pretty unstoppable all year. I don't think it's possible to shut down one player or one part of our O without being exposed somewhere else. I think the key to the Fins having success stopping our O will b their pass rush, which does worry me. I don't expect Henry to have a big day rushing because I think we'll abandon the run early and just air it out a lot. I see Josh and Jay being keys for us on O and both having big days.[/B]

Yeah, just air it out against Miami. LOL! Ok, you think Madison and Surtain aren't licking their chops about this? You think Jason Taylor won't get his sacks and forced fumbles? If you guys go into the mentality that you have to air it out all day, expect our defense to score at least 14 points.

Why haven't any of you Bill fans answered the question I've asked on about 3 different threads. What were Mould's stats in your season finale against us last season? I'm really interested......

I'd have to look it up, but it's really a moot point considering who was throwing him the ball then and who is throwing him the ball now.

You're right, it is a moot point. Almost as useless a point as saying he has burned us in the past. Even more pointless than saying Bledsoe always struggles against this D......

I said nothing of the sort. The only thing that matters right now is this year. With that in mind, I think you should be more worried about your passing game right now than how Moulds did against Miami in Miami with RJ throwing him the ball LAST YEAR! The fact is, NOBODY'S been able to stop Bledsoe and the Bills from putting up big numbers and lots of points so far THIS YEAR. I see no reason why that should change on Sunday.

we don't have to stop them, just slow them down..
Their is no questions on Miami's D...
The REAL question is.. who on Buffalo is going to stop Miami's attack?

Originally posted by Ed (Bills)
Madison will stop Moulds? The Dolphins haven't had much luck stopping Eric in the past, and that was with a much weaker supporting cast and morons for OC's.

The Fins D is looking pretty awesome, but our O's been looking pretty unstoppable all year. I don't think it's possible to shut down one player or one part of our O without being exposed somewhere else. I think the key to the Fins having success stopping our O will b their pass rush, which does worry me. I don't expect Henry to have a big day rushing because I think we'll abandon the run early and just air it out a lot. I see Josh and Jay being keys for us on O and both having big days.

BTW, our ST's isn't a weakness anymore. Our coverage teams have really stepped up and played outstanding the last couple weeks. We also have one of the best punters and kickers in the league too.

Our D is still a huge concern and they really need to bring their A game, but they're not as bad as the D's for KC and Minn.

Should be a fun game. Go Bills!

I think if we can contain McCaffery and Rod Smith and win the game by forcing the QB to throw picks when he is under pressure we will dominate you. Does two words come to mind about Drew Bledsoe's double dosage of crap? Phillip Buchanon? I mean he throws to him and he drops it but then puts the icing on the cake and throws it to him again. What was he thinking? We will dominate Moulds, Henry, Centers and Josh reed due to the fact we have one of the quickest D's in the NFL. Only guy we need to put added pressure and concern on is Peerless because he is damn good. But your D cant handle the combo of RW and the mobility of Ray which you dont see ALOT with Fiedler.

Phins - 31
Bills - 14

Originally posted by BMarion31

Tell me how Moulds having success in the past means he will do good this time. On that same line of thinking, Bledsoe has historically struggled against our defense, but none of you are bringing that up are you......

If you have not noticed Bledsoe is not the Bledsoe of old. Even in his Super-Bowl year he wasnt breaking records like he is now!

Miami's attack? HA...what attack? All we need to do is put 8 in the box, and it may be lights out. Just stop Ricky and your done. Your passing attack will be non-existant this week.

Back
Top Bottom