Who Will Win AFC EAST and Why? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Win AFC EAST and Why?

The Pats have probably fallen off more than anyone in terms of losing starters and key players. Sorry but Bellichek just won't be able to replace the key guys he has lost. New England will be a .500 team.

Dolphins win the AFC East in 2006.

Willie Mcginest 1 34 yr old def player
David given 1 #2 wr
Adam V Kicker

All the rest were Non starters Dwight (mostly punt returns) and Davis played in maybe 3 games. Ashworth was a #2 lineman and Willie McGinest wasn't a force on the D line as could be seen before the return of Bruschi and Seymour.
How is Belichick ever going to replace these guys? :sidelol:

2nd rd pick Chad Jackson was the Best WR in the Draft and will replace Givens. Also NE still has over 10 mill left of the cap to spend so don't count this team out just yet. At least let them play all their cards.

With the addition of Maroney in the back field who also does a pretty decent job of catching the pats offense will be one to reckon with. Maroney could very well be the best back drafted this year with excellent burst speed thru the hole, Very good cut back abilities and good breakaway speed. Keep your eye on this guy. He can only make life easier for Brady.
I expect Belichick to sort out the missing pieces on defense and this team will win the east AND could very well return to the super bowl. By the way Ty Law was in NE for a physical last week. NE is one of the few remaining teams with enough cap space to make him a very reasonable offer.....not that they will but they could afford him.

Don't get confused by last season when NE was one of the most injuried teams in the league. And for those of you that think they looked old well remember the last game of 05/06 season when your starters barely pulled out a win over the NE 2nd and third stringers. Belichick toyed with the fish (flutie drop kick) :sidelol: Cassel a QB and dam near pulled out a win in the process.

Kinzua said:
I think that NE remains the team to beat in the AFCE. That said, however, I don't think that they'll dominate as they did other years. In fact, it may be that the AFCE Champ finishes with a record of 9-7 as in 2002.

Both NE and Miami (in December no less!) have to visit Buffalo in the second half of the season, and that's good news for the Bills and bad news for potential playoff teams because I think Jauron's boys will be better later in the season than in the beginning and could very well play spoilers.

THIS COMING FROM A GUY WHO ROOTS FOR A 4 SUPERBOWL LOSS TEAM. YAH, I THINK I'D PUT ALOT INTO THIS THREAD. THE FINS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY YOUR TEAM UNDERESTIMATES THE FINS JUST LIKE YOU DO!

THURMAN THOMAS FOR MVP EVEN THOUGH HIS TEAM LOST!!!!!!!

the Fins have a pretty good chance of winning the division if we play good.

BLEDNFINTILIDIE said:
THIS COMING FROM A GUY WHO ROOTS FOR A 4 SUPERBOWL LOSS TEAM. YAH, I THINK I'D PUT ALOT INTO THIS THREAD. THE FINS ARE FOR REAL THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY YOUR TEAM UNDERESTIMATES THE FINS JUST LIKE YOU DO!

THURMAN THOMAS FOR MVP EVEN THOUGH HIS TEAM LOST!!!!!!!

Hey, Sweetpea, computer keyboards now feature upper and lower case. Try using the feature.

FYI, we're not talking 15 years ago, we're talking 2006, but that's okay, because the Fishies couldn't even get past the Bills to lose in a SB. They lost consistently a whole lot earlier!!! :sidelol:

In 2002, the Jests, Patsies, and Felons all finished with 9-7 records and the Bills went 8-8. A lot of this was that they were beating each other, and it could happen this year. Losing more assistants and letting Viniatieri go may bring the Patsies "back to the pack" a bit.

Part of the reason that I think that the Patsies and Felons will NOT have great win-loss records is because the Bills and Jests will likely get better as the season goes on as they become accustomed to their new coaches' systems. Now, I don't know the Jests' schedule, but B-lo plays most of its home games in the second half of the season, including home games with NE and with Miami. That's a perfect set up for young teams learning how to win.

Take off your rose-colored sunglasses, Sweetpea. Don't even think 11-5 or better. Miami will work hard to equal last year's record with a new OC, two new QBs (neither one of whom is considered the fastest learner in the bunch!), and an average defense (with a suspect secondary). Any AFCE game can go either way, no matter how lowly the opponent seems.

The NFL schedulers did a nice job on your team, too. The Felons only get 2 home games in September in hot, humid Miami, but they play back-to-back away games at the Patsies and then the Jests later. Miami gets to play at Chicago the first week of November, and then run a gauntlet of 3 straight AFCE games -- Patsies, Bills, Jests -- in December, including a trip to cold, snowy Buffalo. As a belated Christmas present, the Felons get to visit Indy on New Year's Eve. Who knows, maybe they'll get lucky like last year and the Colts will have already clinched so they'll rest up their regulars like NE did last year.

Kinzua said:
Part of the reason that I think that the Patsies and Felons will NOT have great win-loss records is because the Bills and Jests will likely get better as the season goes on as they become accustomed to their new coaches' systems. Now, I don't know the Jests' schedule, but B-lo plays most of its home games in the second half of the season, including home games with NE and with Miami. That's a perfect set up for young teams learning how to win.

Yeah, the Pats have a hard time winning in the unfavorable conditions in Buffalo. They're so used to the sunny climes of Foxboro in January...:D

Unless Losman improves remarkably this offseason, the Pats will smoke the Bills for the 5th and 6th times in a row. Same with the Jets. Sure, both teams shuld improve thru the season, but they're starting at zero. No place to go but up! Unlike the Jets & Bills, Miami has always given Brady trouble, even at their worst. I expect a split yet again between them.

OTOH, the Pats are now entering their 7th year in the same system, with a HOF-bound QB, the best HC in Football, also on his way to the HOF, and the best overall DLineman in the league in Seymour, and the most dynamic offense in their history. While they have some limited weaknesses (no shutdown CB, Harrison a ?), they are still the cream of the crop in the East, if not the NFL.

Gotta love the fact that they have their QB, DL & most of the OL locked up thru 2009. Thats horrible news for the division.

MR NFLFAN said:
Willie Mcginest 1 34 yr old def player
David given 1 #2 wr
Adam V Kicker

All the rest were Non starters Dwight (mostly punt returns) and Davis played in maybe 3 games. Ashworth was a #2 lineman and Willie McGinest wasn't a force on the D line as could be seen before the return of Bruschi and Seymour.
How is Belichick ever going to replace these guys? :sidelol:

2nd rd pick Chad Jackson was the Best WR in the Draft and will replace Givens. Also NE still has over 10 mill left of the cap to spend so don't count this team out just yet. At least let them play all their cards.

With the addition of Maroney in the back field who also does a pretty decent job of catching the pats offense will be one to reckon with. Maroney could very well be the best back drafted this year with excellent burst speed thru the hole, Very good cut back abilities and good breakaway speed. Keep your eye on this guy. He can only make life easier for Brady.
I expect Belichick to sort out the missing pieces on defense and this team will win the east AND could very well return to the super bowl. By the way Ty Law was in NE for a physical last week. NE is one of the few remaining teams with enough cap space to make him a very reasonable offer.....not that they will but they could afford him.

Don't get confused by last season when NE was one of the most injuried teams in the league. And for those of you that think they looked old well remember the last game of 05/06 season when your starters barely pulled out a win over the NE 2nd and third stringers. Belichick toyed with the fish (flutie drop kick) :sidelol: Cassel a QB and dam near pulled out a win in the process.

Maroney the best RB in the draft? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Please man. I bet you that all 32 teams would take Bush any day of the week over Maroney.

And don't get all excited about last year's last game against us. If I remember correctly, our starters did a hell of alot better then your starters did in the game and the most improtant thing of them all.....we won the game. Cassel just might be a good QB someday, but don't base that against our defense last year because our DB's sucked for the most part and any QB can have a good day against them.

Ace88 said:
Maroney the best RB in the draft? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Please man. I bet you that all 32 teams would take Bush any day of the week over Maroney.

And don't get all excited about last year's last game against us. If I remember correctly, our starters did a hell of alot better then your starters did in the game and the most improtant thing of them all.....we won the game. Cassel just might be a good QB someday, but don't base that against our defense last year because our DB's sucked for the most part and any QB can have a good day against them.

Excited? I thought it was hilarous. :sidelol: Which defense should we base Cassels performance on.....the imaginary one we haven't seen yet? You won the game alright. :sidelol: And your starters did a hell of a lot better than our starters... Hey would you interested in a slightly used bridge? :sidelol: :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom