Who Will Win AFC EAST and Why? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Win AFC EAST and Why?

I think that NE remains the team to beat in the AFCE. That said, however, I don't think that they'll dominate as they did other years. In fact, it may be that the AFCE Champ finishes with a record of 9-7 as in 2002.

Both NE and Miami (in December no less!) have to visit Buffalo in the second half of the season, and that's good news for the Bills and bad news for potential playoff teams because I think Jauron's boys will be better later in the season than in the beginning and could very well play spoilers.

NE is the definately the team to beat. However I am a homer so I think the division will stack up this way:

Miami
NE
Jets (Could switch with NE)
Bills

My surprise is the Jets will actually compete for the number 2 spot against NE. Brady is a great QB but losing weapons doesn't help...IMHO the Pats had the worst offseason in the division.

The Bills will be in the basement.

Kinzua said:
I think that NE remains the team to beat in the AFCE. That said, however, I don't think that they'll dominate as they did other years. In fact, it may be that the AFCE Champ finishes with a record of 9-7 as in 2002.

Both NE and Miami (in December no less!) have to visit Buffalo in the second half of the season, and that's good news for the Bills and bad news for potential playoff teams because I think Jauron's boys will be better later in the season than in the beginning and could very well play spoilers.

The AFC East has a relatively easy schedule compared to last year, so I expect both the Fins and Pats to have 10+ wins. Jets & Bills? Between 6-10 & 9-7.

The Pats went 10-6 in 2005 with even more injuries than they had in 2003 - 2004, when they went 14-2 each year. I expect them to get at least 13 wins if Brady stays healthy and take the division by two games. I feel they are still likely to get to the SB. The defense might be a notch down, but the offense will be much more dynamic than before.

Miami needs one more year to gell, ending up with 11 wins and a wildcard birth.

i put down the pats to win the the east by a single win over the fins.

I think Miami will find a way to win the division, they both have very easy schedules, and I believe both will make the playoffs (yea there are gonna be some really sad teams this year not making the playoffs . . Denver?? San Diego?? Jacksonville?? Cincy??)

Playoffs:

Miami (If Daunte is healthy)
Pittsburgh
Indy
Kansas City (the most dangerous team in the NFL)
New England
Cincy (If Carson is healthy)

Oh and one more thing...

Just know that many a team has looked really good on paper before the season started, was predicted to do great things, and a few key injuries later was sucking mud all season.

BZ

Ive never bought into the idea that you are the best untill you are beaten

You go into the season with the same record, Its everyones job to knock everyone off, the Patriots dont start with an edge on us, just as we dont start with an edge on anyone else

BwanaZulia said:
Oh and one more thing...

Just know that many a team has looked really good on paper before the season started, was predicted to do great things, and a few key injuries later was sucking mud all season.

BZ

You mean like the Jets last year?

Fins will win the division. NE looked old last year. You will see a marked drop-off this year in NE. Although I liked their first round pick. Too many pieces unfilled for me too be so high on Chowdaville. Miami's biggest problem will be getting all the new faces to gel. I don't expect us to be very good early but come on strong at the end of the season. (weird saying that about my fins) I will guarantee that no one will want a piece of us in the playoffs. :dolphins:

Kinzua said:

Jauron will be fired by then.

fin1 said:
Jauron will be fired by then.

You are probably right on a target by that statement. We should almost start a thread on how long he will be coach, if he makes it through the season.

BTW I was pleasantly surprised I didn't get crucified for my opinion on the standings. :D

Back
Top Bottom