Who Will Win The Starting QB Position? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Win The Starting QB Position?

Who will win the starting QB position?

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 33 23.6%

• Total voters
where is the Brock Berlin option?? :tongue:

Seriously, I think AJ will win it. I don't know if he'll be starting at the end of the season though, but we'll see.

Feeley, he never really had the fair chance to start last year this year it will be different, Saban would like to see what he has to offer, the way I look at it its his job to lose.

I'll go with Feeley for 2005 and vote for the "someone else" option in 2006. Hope I'm wrong...but I doubt it.

It's gotta be Feeley. Saban has already said he has trust in Feeley and I think Frerotte was brought in as more of support and a mentor for Feeley than a successor.

ohall said:
Not sure, but my vote was for Feeley. I think he showed enough in an absolutely horrible situation last year that he can play very well at times.

He also showed if the situation isn't good, he could play worse than Fiedler, and that is horrible......Let's hope for the best. I don't care who starts, as long as it is better than what we observed last year...........

inFINSible said:
Saban is not so stupid that we are going to go through another year without finding out what AJ is all about.
That means he'll be starting on opening day, and he won't lose the job unless he gets injured.

Saban is not stupid enough to start this guy if Gus outplays him.The better player will start come opening day, which ever that be.He won't start a guy by default.

I wouldn't be surprise to see Sage start over both if Saban feels he is best QB.

minus said:
Saban is not stupid enough to start this guy if Gus outplays him.The better player will start come opening day, which ever that be.He won't start a guy by default.
Gus won't outplay Feeley by a wide enough margin, if at all, for Saban to start him. Feeley will be the better player.

And this thread aint about arguing with me, it's about giving your opinion on who you think will start, I gave mine, yet you didn't give yours....Why is that? Could it be because you think Feeley will start too?

minus said:
I wouldn't be surprise to see Sage start over both if Saban feels he is best QB.
What a cop out!

Who do YOU think will start??

Da 'Fins said:
Seems that several are assuming AJ is the starting QB. But, there should be solid competition here. Who do you think will actually win the starting QB position?

Feeley or Frerotte?

Does this help, minus?

I vote for Feeley, if he can pick up the system fast enough to not look lost during trainning camp, I thought he looked pretty good by the end of the year, as the line improved so did feeley, he got better under pressure and started taking the sack or throwing the ball away instead of forcing the ball.
If the offense pans out we will have a great young offense for quite awhile, I do hope we resign boston though, we could use help at WR.

inFINSible said:
Saban is not so stupid that we are going to go through another year without finding out what AJ is all about.
That means he'll be starting on opening day, and he won't lose the job unless he gets injured.

And you say this because??????? Saban already said it will be an open QB competition. It took Feeley all year to learn that sesame street system we had last year, and Linehan's system is said to be fairly complicated........Frerote already knows the system very well so he could have the upper hand there, but I really don't know who will be the starter, but it should be WHOEVER IS PLAYING/PERFORMING THE BEST in camp/preseason. Not just handed to somebody because we used a 2nd rounder on him, and he's young, and has some potential and "we need to find out what he's all about" Last year, and this year's camps/practices/preseason are enough to find that out.........Let the best man win!!!!!

outlawd2u said:
And you say this because??????? Saban already said it will be an open QB competition. It took Feeley all year to learn that sesame street system we had last year, and Linehan's system is said to be fairly complicated........Frerote already knows the system very well so he could have the upper hand there, but I really don't know who will be the starter, but it should be WHOEVER IS PLAYING/PERFORMING THE BEST in camp/preseason. Not just handed to somebody because we used a 2nd rounder on him, and he's young, and has some potential and "we need to find out what he's all about" Last year, and this year's camps/practices/preseason are enough to find that out.........Let the best man win!!!!!
All Feeley has to do is make a steady progression in learning the offense from now until the beginning of the season, and he will be the starter.

It won't matter whether he's better than Frerotte or not, as long as he appears to be heading in that direction.

inFINSible said:
Does this help, minus?

I was debating your reasoning for Feeley starting not your opinion that Feeley would start.

Sage Rosenfels will start....

Back
Top Bottom