Who Will Win The Starting QB Position? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Will Win The Starting QB Position?

Who will win the starting QB position?

• AJ Feeley

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • Gus Frerotte

Votes: 33 23.6%

• Total voters
Good posts all around. I "think" it's a tough call as to who will start. Ultimately, I am very confident that Saban will not be swayed by his "favorite" and will choose the best player for the team (I was not confident about that last year; I thought Dave favored Fiedler b/c he liked him, but I also think he panicked - of course, it wasn't the first time!).

This year, I think Frerotte will win it. AJ is a tough competitor (so too was Jay Fiedler - he was as competitive and thick skinned as probably any QB in the league, imo - though I was not a fan of his). However, AJ seemed to struggle with the mental side of the game. He had trouble learning the offense. He also had trouble making the right instinctive throw. Not all those INT's were the result of a porous O-line. Many were simply boneheaded throws.

For that mental aspect, I think Frerotte will win the job. Feeley may surprise me and really improve. I would love that. I simply hope that the job will be won as a result of good play by both and that the winner will emerge b/c of his excellent play. That could take care of the QB position for at least a couple of years.

Frerotte, btw, is 33 or 34 at the most. Really, this is often the age that many QB's start to come into their own - see Testaverde; Gannon. And, being with a top notch OC for the past two years has helped Frerotte mature.

Back
Top Bottom