Who would you compare Travis Minor with ...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you compare Travis Minor with ......

D-Rock

31 yrs ago, I would have been a Panther.
Club Member
Reaction score
I think Travis Minor could be a Clinton Portis kinda running back or somthing like dat since they basically have the same build and have a quick first step..

Who do you think Travis Minor can be compared to??? :confused:

Also do you think he will get a 1000 yrds rushing this year and be a pro bowl back in the future? I say he might get like 1005 yrds or just miss 1000....... dont know about the pro bowl selection. :confused2

I know what you mean comparing him to Portis but I don't think he's likely to have the same productivity. In his defence though, he seems like a more likeable guy than Portis, for what that's worth.

If we're lucky, he's Warrick Dunn or Charlie Garner, and we just need a TJ Duckett or Tyrone Wheatley type to pair with him.

I think he's bigger, and faster(not quicker..but faster) than warrick. Minor is more like Curtis martin. Look, personally, I think he can carry the load, but as a team that is a superbowl contender, its difficult to bank on him. Ricky scared the isht out of defenses, which allowed our medicore QB play to be less of a factor, but without Ricky to scare people off the pass, they will approach us in different ways than before, which is going to make our QB (whomever it is) play even that more crucial.

D-Rock said:
I think Travis Minor could be a Clinton Portis kinda running back or somthing like dat since they basically have the same build and have a quick first step..

Who do you think Travis Minor can be compared to??? :confused:

Also do you think he will get a 1000 yrds rushing this year and be a pro bowl back in the future? I say he might get like 1005 yrds or just miss 1000....... dont know about the pro bowl selection. :confused2
Not to try to hype Minor, because I'm not gonna suggest he's the answer or gonna be able to carry the load successfully, I just don't know....we'll have to see, but, he was one of the most heavily recruited backs in the nation coming out of high school. He went to Florida State where they focused primarily on the pass and Minor got a limited number of carries.

I would like to see what he can do. If I was gonna compare him to somebody today it would be Portis, maybe Faulk.

Portis is much faster than travis, especially top end...however travis is considered very quick. If my memory serves me right, he reimnds me a bit of a Terry Metcalf(yes the elder), or a quicker Bobby humphry type

I also see alot of Dunn in this kid.It seems that before Greg Jones Bobby Bowden produces theses kinda shfity backs from his system.I like Dunn and his ability so lets hope that comparison is right.No matter what happens with our cap space I can't wait to see what we do in FA and draft next year!

phunwin said:
If we're lucky, he's Warrick Dunn or Charlie Garner, and we just need a TJ Duckett or Tyrone Wheatley type to pair with him.
And that's why you really should sign Stacey Mack. At this point you won't have exactly Thunder and Lightning, but at least it'll be a watered down version of it.

Minor is NOT a scat back. Yes he is fast, and yes he can make quicker moves than Ricky, but he doesn't run like Warrick Dunn. From sitting behind Ricky and Lamar for three years, he has learned to run like a bigger back. He seeks out the hole, and then hits it with one quick move.

I have been watching him run in both the Redskins, and now the Cowboys games from last year. When Minor was in we actually didn't lose a beat on the ground. In fact in his limited number of carries, the guy popped out 5-6 yards at a time.

IF he can stay healthy, I don't see a problem.

Back
Top Bottom